The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    hmm, I like to be big!!!

Help, Losing battle!!! Parents don't know what they're talking about!!!!

Ok, Ive been ravaged by this ridiculous stomach virus thats been running at full kicking my *ss for the past FOUR days. My mom keeps giving me soda and weird indian food. She swears its good for me, please tell me what I can do, exact instructions, please, on how to beat this virus and get back to training.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Continuously Dangerously
    if its 7up or something i wouldnt worry.
    what is in this 'weird indian food' ?

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Its coke and mountain dew, the weird indian food is some kinda thick rice thing. I read that im supposed to drink Gatorade and Apple Juice

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

eat the rice stuff. glutinous grains will bind your stool.

payasam will do it as well as oatmeal and banana does. just trust your mom, man, she knows what she's doing.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

PaddleSkiBikeClimbHikeLift Hunt's Avatar

Symptoms

Nejar:

Its tough to tell you what to go ahead and do. You have not told us anything about your symptoms: are you vomiting? having diarrhea? stomach cramps? nausea? gas? passing out? headache? etc...

Without these things its tough to say - however, it is always a good idea to get plenty of fluids - not just water in this case - but fluids that have good amounts of minerals and ions (you need to keep your potassium, sodium, and calcium levels intact if you are losing through vomiting or diarrhea). Gatorade or similar things are a good bet. As for eating, forget about dieting during an illness - it will only prolong your agony. You should make sure to eat frequently in small portions. Avoiding spicy food will likely help you avoid nausea and vomiting (which are you enemy in this kind of thing) and thereby limit damage to your throat and stomach - as well as let you keep the foods in you long enough to absorb the nutrients your body requires to fight off whatever infection you have.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Thanks for the help, i called the doc, i feel much better now. It turns out that my mom was wrong and that soda and solid foods is two things i should have avoided. I just drank plenty of gatorade and some ARTIFICIAL juice and feel a whole lot better. I don't think eating solid foods is a good idea while you have a tummy virus.

what was wrong with ya?

i was actually thinking about ya when i left the gym this evening.....itreminded me how my mom used to break out the gatorade and tapioca pudding as soon as someone got the runs.

technically she wasn't far off, if you consider for diarrhea the home treatement is B.R.A.T.

Bananas
    Rice
    Apples
    Toast.

and of course gatorade to keep the electrolyte balance together.

funny how your mom was wrong though...mom's are usually spot on when it comes to that stuff. especially indian mom's. lord knows diarrhea is common. break out the gripe water and taro root.
    Last edited by Tryska; 02-21-2002 at 07:17 PM.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I thought the BRAT diet was just for sick infants... o well, live and learn...

Tryska we may not be the same kind of indian, my family comes for gujarati in the Asian nation india. Yea my mom, i love her and all, but sometimes......

I had the typical stomach virus, diahrrea, barfing, fever, lack of appetite. lethargy, stomach pains, dehydration.

Tryska, Payasam sounds South Indian?

No wonder we bang heads so much LOL

/me Punjabi but thinks that Masala Dosa is soooo yummy

yeah..payasam is south indian. vermicelli pudding thing? don't know what y'all call it.

masal dosa rocks!

you should prolly get along with that guju up there better...hee heehee.

nejar...yeah if your puking you shouldn't be eating anything at all...i thought it was just diarrhea. which BRAT solves in people of all ages.

Yeah, as long as guju doesn't make me eat that watery soup they think is daal.

Oh well, at least they use spoons hahahahahahah...
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

*lmao*

now that's funny.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Well i have had masal dosa before and its really good, my favorite however is chicken tandoori spicy.

tandoori chicken kicks ass too. masala dosa is my hands down fave tho. it's hard to find south indian cooking around here.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Well, if u ever come to NJ i know like a 100 and one places u can get some awesome food. This state is liked filled with great indian restaurants.

true.....jersey has lots of indians. you ever tried guyanese food? I love guyanese food too. Atlanta has lot's of indians too. we just got an indian chinese restaurant round here....unfortunately no good masala dosa on this side of town.