Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3540

Thread: Bako Lifter's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Get this, in PE class, our coach gave us this workout to do: Abs, upright rows, curls, and overhead triceps extension. All 4x6 except the abs were 4x50. Lmao, I did my abs, 3 sets of 12 with a plate on my chest, then just walked around while everybody was doing rows. Then I started doing BO rows while everybody was curling, and the coach called me over and asked what I was doing. I told him I don't like curling so I'm doing rows to hit my biceps instead. He just gave me a weird look and told me to tell him before I start doing my own thing. Haha, I think I'm going to get kicked out of this class before the end of the year. I got like 10 people skipping upright rows and like 5 other people not curling. I'm gonna take over the class.
    LMFAO! Nice benching you giant.

[insert cool user title]
    Wowzers. Very impressive lifts for your stats. I think a friend of mine linked me to one of your vids lolz.

This place seems a tad better than bb.com ...but I bet there's still lots of omfgz abz trolls.

TommyBoy
    Thanks pee wee!

reflexx
    Thanks dude. Omg, bb.com sucks nuts. If by ab trolls you mean people that tell you how to properly train your abs by doing heavy sets of 8-12, then yes. I think you'll like it here, take a look around .

[insert cool user title]
    TommyBoy
    Thanks pee wee!

reflexx
    Thanks dude. Omg, bb.com sucks nuts. If by ab trolls you mean people that tell you how to properly train your abs by doing heavy sets of 8-12, then yes. I think you'll like it here, take a look around .
    Yeah LOL. Ive wasted close to 1500 posts there over the span of 1 year lmao. I had hardly any replies to a Journal I tried running so I just said to hell with it. And yeah this place seems more humble regarding users. It's more aimed at BB'ing rather than BS.

But yah , I don't really train abs (my downfall lmao) other than heavy squats & deadlifts. You have any pics though man? If they're in this thread I'll search I guess. Dont think Ive seen an actual pic...just'a vid.

Edit : Roflz. I didnt look at your sig. Disregard everything I said lol.
    Last edited by reflexx; 09-07-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    5'5'' 158lbs. 12-13%

Heavy squats and deadlifts. . . what more do you need? I think you'll fit right in over here at WBB.

And ya, I'm just a little kid :/ Pretty much nothin to see in my picture journal, haha.

Get this, in PE class, our coach gave us this workout to do: Abs, upright rows, curls, and overhead triceps extension. All 4x6 except the abs were 4x50. Lmao, I did my abs, 3 sets of 12 with a plate on my chest, then just walked around while everybody was doing rows. Then I started doing BO rows while everybody was curling, and the coach called me over and asked what I was doing. I told him I don't like curling so I'm doing rows to hit my biceps instead. He just gave me a weird look and told me to tell him before I start doing my own thing. Haha, I think I'm going to get kicked out of this class before the end of the year. I got like 10 people skipping upright rows and like 5 other people not curling. I'm gonna take over the class.
    lol. You arrogant little man

Big pressing as is usual in this journal
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

Banned
    big benching man, congrats on the PRs

Congrats on all the PR's man bench strength is looking real good.

... I'm gonna take over the class.
    wtf, you took the gym class over right from the start, lol - ...even got the swagger going, that's great.

WTFF thats tha ****.
    get everyone doing your routine!!
    21 | 6'1 | 180lbs
    Bench Press-165*7 | Squat-205*8 |Deadlift-205*5

------------------------------------------------

Check Out The SupRSmall Journal

Great benching man... RAW benching ftw every time. All the cool kids I know are doing it
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

your the master... i have nothing else to say.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

LiftingKid
    Haha, no YOU'RE the little man. Thanks pudge.

RedSpikeyThing
    Thanks Spike, it's not big yet though!

KevinStarke
    Thanks Kev, those last two PRs were just throw ins though, lol.

CocaCola
    Haha, thanks Coke.

SupRsmall
    Haha, hopefully I can have the whole class powerlifting by the end of the year!

redFury
    Yup, benching is the main lift over here in high school. I can't tell you how many "hey dude, how much do you bench"s I've gotten, lol. Thanks Red.

Jedstah
    Haha, thanks buddy.

Saturday, September 8

Squatin and ballin

Workout:

Squats
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    245 x 1
    275 x 1
    305 x 1

Then I played a little tackle football in the park. Man I am SO out of shape. I had a couple of big runs and I was done. I started playing QB and threw a couple of short routes for touch downs. Then I went back to recieving and missed a couple of potentially awesome catches, I'm rusty lol. Then I got tired and switched back to QB. I threw a 40 yard strike to the corner of the endzone. Pretty much Jay Cutler status. Anyways, I threaded the needle between to defenders and it hit my reciever right in the hands but he couldn't hold on. Damn, haha.

BRONCOS WON BABY!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!

LiftingKid
    Haha, no YOU'RE the little man. Thanks pudge.
    I don't know how you count in California but 180lbs > 170lbs

Solid squatting.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

That's killer hearing you were out on the field that way...ace squats.

Thanks guys

Monday, September 10

Bench Assistance

Workout:

Bench (+triple choked minis)
    135 x 3 x 9

Dumbbell Floor Press (Pf)
    50 x 6
    60 x 6
    75 x 6
    90 x 6 PR

Bent Over Rows
    115 x 6
    135 x 6
    155 x 6
    175 x 6

T-Bar Rows
    100 x 6
    100 x 6
    115 x 6
    115 x 6

Front Lat Pull Downs
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    140 x 5
    140 x 6

Triceps Extensions
    150 x 8
    160 x 8

Shoulder Raises Front/Side
    20 x 8/8
    25 x 8/8

Thoughts:

Dumbbell Floor Presses

The floor press is another great way to teach you how to stay tight in the upper body when pressing. When your legs are out straight, more of the load is transferred to the pressing muscles. To do this movement, you lie on the floor and have your training partners hand you the dumbbells. Once again youíll want to keep your palms in. Lower the bells until your triceps hit the floor, pause for a split second, and press back up. This movement fits in nicely as the first movement youíd do after doing dynamic bench or max effort bench work. Play around with the sets and reps to see which work best for you but always try to break your record each time you do them.

3) Dynamic work for the bench press

This is key to the development of barbell speed. Iíve explained this method in great deal in many of my other articles so I wonít go into great depth here. In a nutshell, spend one day per week training your bench for speed. This is best done using weights in the 45 to 55% range (based on bench shirt max) or 55 to 65% range (with non-bench shirt max). Once you reach your percent, eight to ten sets of three reps is all thatís needed. Make sure to push the bar as fast as you can. It should take you no longer than 3.5 seconds to complete the set.

#3 ó Your lats are weak

You need to have strong lats if you want a big bench; thereís no way around this. To illustrate the point, try this: In a standing position, hold your arms in the bottom bench position; now flare your lats. What happened? Your arms moved forward. This is part of the same movement that happens when you bench press. The trick to getting and keeping your lats in the movement starts long before the bar hits the chest. It begins with the set up at the beginning of the lift, before the bar leaves the rack. Once again you need to have the proper tight position. Now you want to tuck your elbows some and pull the bar out of the rack. You do not press out of the rack! When you press out, your shoulders come apart and your lats arenít tight. Almost 100% of the time this will happen because of the type of bench youíre using. Many benches today have J-hooks or uprights that are too damn deep. You have no choice but to press it out. In this case you have two options. First, find another bench. Many times the power rack will work out to be the best option. The j-hooks arenít as deep and all you have to do is drag a bench over. The second option is to take a liftoff from a training partner. I personally donít like the liftoff option because itís still hard to keep the lats tight, but if thereís no other choice, then by all means use it. This is actually one of the reasons why a liftoff helps you lift more weight. If youíre pressing the bar in a straight line from the lower chest then there should be no way youíll ever hit the uprights. So donít be afraid to get under the bar more from the start. Many coaches will tell you to line the bar up with your eyes. I feel it should be lined up with your nose or chin. This way you donít need so much shoulder rotation to get the bar out. Now on to the lat work. Your program should have the right kind of lat work. You want to use those movements that work on the same plane as the bench press. This means any type of row. There are several to choose from, so pick based on the ones youíre the worst at. You should be training your lats two to four times a weak, but you donít need a full-blown lat workout as the bodybuilders do. One movement for four to five sets should do the trick, but you do need to do them many times a week to try to maintain some type of balance.

- Dave Tate

Your lats are weak as well. For every set of presses that you do, double up your row work. 10 sets of presses=20 sets of rows.

- Matt Rhodes
    Last edited by Bako Lifter; 09-10-2007 at 05:54 PM.

lol wtf i thought this was you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VAu...e=user&search=

bakothegreat hahaha. i was watching his ayo technology video.
    21 | 6'1 | 180lbs
    Bench Press-165*7 | Squat-205*8 |Deadlift-205*5

------------------------------------------------

Check Out The SupRSmall Journal

Fine stuff with the floor presses and all bro.

Floor presses are great stuff Bako! Keep it up... I wanna see you bench 300!
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

Banned
    Good pressing Bako.

Quote Originally Posted by Tate
    There are several to choose from, so pick based on the ones youíre the worst at.
    I read that whole thing and this is what stuck out the most to me. Very true.

SupRsmall
    Hah! Glad to know there is some douche out there ruining my name.

Coke
    Thanks coke, those were my first floor presses ever.

RedFury
    Thanks man, I wanna see it too!

SpikeyThing
    Thanks dude. Yep, Tate's a pretty smart guy, that sentence is the reason I did Tbars. I suck at those.

Tuesday, September 11

Squats in the V-Type

Workout:

Squats RAW
    135 x 5
    185 x 5

Squats Suit sd
    225 x 3
    255 x 3
    275 x 1
    305 x 1
    315 x 3 PR

Squats Suit su
    315 x 1
    345 x 1
    365 x 1
    385 x 1 PR
    400 x 1 PR
    405 x 1 PR

SSLDL
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    135 x 8

45 deg Leg Press
    5 pps x 8
    5 pps x 8
    5 pps x 8

Thoughts:
    Head up, chest out, shoulders back, sit back, down, down, down, spread the floor, thrust, lock it out, rack it. Well at least I tried, haha. I had my freind yelling out commands, he's become a pretty good spotter since we've started. I didn't break parallel on any except the ones that I PRed. The 405 was a grinder, my head almost exploded. I got a video of the 315x3, I think I did a lot better, but my back is still a little rounded. I closed my grip, that helped with placement and alowed me to kind of puff my chest out. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting better. So thats a 400 pull, 400 squat, now I need a 300 bench!

Yeah Buddy!!! Light Weight!!!!

YES! 1,100 total!