Went from about 178 to 194.8 currenlty with my month and a few weeks of my first bulking stage. My body fat was around 16% before i started my bulk from what the personal trainer said.
Now im looking to do my cut, I want my body fat percentage down, and be able to see the tone abs, arms, legs, chest, etc and get the uneccesary body fat off to show the true muscle.
1. What should be my cutting goal weight?
2. I am in college, 3 meals a day provided, what foods from when i was bulking should I away from now while I am on my cut. My typical foods while on bulk were whole wheat bagel, peanut butter, pb n j, lots of milk, chicken, stir fry's, tuna sandwiches, etc.
3. What should my cutting calories be? I average around 3300 a day. my maintenance cals =3100 and some change.
4. I am doing WBB1, do I add cardio or just cut the weight with the foods and caloric intake.
and i think thats it for now, i know this is a beat up topic for the noobs, and i searched around but couldnt find anyone specific to my situation.
thanks so much
Cutting to 180.
You didn't even bulk on twenty lbs tho... I would shoot for like 215 before you started cutting, that way when you cut back down you will be like 195-200 lbs of a lean mean lifting machine. Don't stop bulking yet :-)
"Tom explained that when he came in he was in awe of the lifters in the group and that you can never become what you're in awe of."
"keep smoking weed, fail the test, and learn a ****ing lesson."--MrWebb78
"Chicks dig lifters because they know lifters arn't affraid of commitment"
1. If you cut slowly, losing 10 lbs or so may be enough to look a lot leaner. Really, though, it's all in the mirror.
2. As long as your protein and fat requirements are met, it doesn't matter. Obvuously the healthier the better.
3. Generally speaking, you should shoot for 500 calories below maintenance. That'll put you at about 1 lb loss / week.
4. Control your diet for weight loss. Do aerobic activity for your heart and lungs. And it lets you eat more
Cutting to 180.
500 cals is good in theory, but I would use 20% deficit, whatever that ends up being. The leaner you get youll see why the 500 cals is too much.
Make sure to get at least 1 g protein / lb LBM anf 0.5 g of fat / lb LBM. After that, fill in with whatever.