Thread: Satisfied first bulk, now a College diet cut..*advice*

Satisfied first bulk, now a College diet cut..*advice*

Went from about 178 to 194.8 currenlty with my month and a few weeks of my first bulking stage. My body fat was around 16% before i started my bulk from what the personal trainer said.

Now im looking to do my cut, I want my body fat percentage down, and be able to see the tone abs, arms, legs, chest, etc and get the uneccesary body fat off to show the true muscle.

1. What should be my cutting goal weight?

2. I am in college, 3 meals a day provided, what foods from when i was bulking should I away from now while I am on my cut. My typical foods while on bulk were whole wheat bagel, peanut butter, pb n j, lots of milk, chicken, stir fry's, tuna sandwiches, etc.

3. What should my cutting calories be? I average around 3300 a day. my maintenance cals =3100 and some change.

4. I am doing WBB1, do I add cardio or just cut the weight with the foods and caloric intake.

and i think thats it for now, i know this is a beat up topic for the noobs, and i searched around but couldnt find anyone specific to my situation.

thanks so much
    205lbs 2/15/09
    Cutting to 180.

Bench: 275x5
    Squat: 300
    Deads: 300
    height:5'9"

You didn't even bulk on twenty lbs tho... I would shoot for like 215 before you started cutting, that way when you cut back down you will be like 195-200 lbs of a lean mean lifting machine. Don't stop bulking yet :-)
    "Tom explained that when he came in he was in awe of the lifters in the group and that you can never become what you're in awe of."

"keep smoking weed, fail the test, and learn a ****ing lesson."--MrWebb78

"Chicks dig lifters because they know lifters arn't affraid of commitment"

Banned
    1. If you cut slowly, losing 10 lbs or so may be enough to look a lot leaner. Really, though, it's all in the mirror.

2. As long as your protein and fat requirements are met, it doesn't matter. Obvuously the healthier the better.

3. Generally speaking, you should shoot for 500 calories below maintenance. That'll put you at about 1 lb loss / week.

4. Control your diet for weight loss. Do aerobic activity for your heart and lungs. And it lets you eat more

Quote Originally Posted by Kyolked View Post
    You didn't even bulk on twenty lbs tho... I would shoot for like 215 before you started cutting, that way when you cut back down you will be like 195-200 lbs of a lean mean lifting machine. Don't stop bulking yet :-)
    That's pretty useless advice. He started at 16% bf and gained weight, so he increased his bf. Now he wants to lean out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    1. If you cut slowly, losing 10 lbs or so may be enough to look a lot leaner. Really, though, it's all in the mirror.

2. As long as your protein and fat requirements are met, it doesn't matter. Obvuously the healthier the better.

3. Generally speaking, you should shoot for 500 calories below maintenance. That'll put you at about 1 lb loss / week.

4. Control your diet for weight loss. Do aerobic activity for your heart and lungs. And it lets you eat more

That's pretty useless advice. He started at 16% bf and gained weight, so he increased his bf. Now he wants to lean out.
    thanks for standing up for me there, and thanks for the usefull information. Ill cut 500 cals out and focus around 2700-2800 calories a day, keep trying to hit 250g of protien? or should i cut down to the reccomended 1g per lb bw.
    205lbs 2/15/09
    Cutting to 180.

500 cals is good in theory, but I would use 20% deficit, whatever that ends up being. The leaner you get youll see why the 500 cals is too much.

Banned
    Make sure to get at least 1 g protein / lb LBM anf 0.5 g of fat / lb LBM. After that, fill in with whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    500 cals is good in theory, but I would use 20% deficit, whatever that ends up being. The leaner you get youll see why the 500 cals is too much.
    3400 cals x.20 is 680. but you say 500 is too much. you confuse me
    205lbs 2/15/09
    Cutting to 180.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    3400 cals x.20 is 680. but you say 500 is too much. you confuse me
    you are a bigger dude, thats why u can handle it initially, but once you get leaner, 500 cals might be too much. But 500 cals for now will do the trick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    you are a bigger dude, thats why u can handle it initially, but once you get leaner, 500 cals might be too much. But 500 cals for now will do the trick as well.
    He isn't even 200lbs I wouldn't consider that big I think someone just didn't do their math :P