Thread: As Seen on TV...

As Seen on TV...

Found this on another board. As the original poster stated "This is just screwy..."

http://www.mycorevolution.com/?page=success3
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Expensive >.<
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

They should have Tony Little do the Infomercial
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

It is a home version of the reverse hyper. I say good for Louie, and I hope he makes a ton of money off of it!

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Don't get me wrong, I love Louie, but it's a little odd seeing him wearing anything but a Westside T and talking on an infomercial.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Personally I can't see it selling. The average person who wants to buy a "get toned quick" piece of equipment won't see any benefit (it won't give you a 6 pack in 11 days) and the experienced lifter likely wouldn't purchase this for home. I could be wrong. For Louie's sake hopefully I am.

wish it wasn't so expensive maybe the gym will add one
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

According to Louie they are selling quite well.

You have to understand that there are a HUGE number of people out there with back problems and this apparatus can help.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Louie, but it's a little odd seeing him wearing anything but a Westside T and talking on an infomercial.
    At least he didn't shave....

I'm in the process of building one of these, great fun.

I printed it out and will see what my gym says. It's got to be better than 50% of the machines, bicep curl, HS side laterals ? all of that stuff
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold

Why don't you suggest one of the pro models bill? They are around the 2k mark, but I'm sure most gyms could be persauded to see it as an investment.

For only $500 its less than half what a regular one cost and for the majority of people would be a great benefit.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I printed it out and will see what my gym says. It's got to be better than 50% of the machines, bicep curl, HS side laterals ? all of that stuff
    Not saying it's not well made but I doubt it would last long in a gym. I know the guys at my place would have it broken in a week. Gym equipment must be bomb proof. I think it would be fine for home use.
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Iron4Life
    Yeah.. but do you think it's any good for us?? As in regular lifters? Perhaps cheapsake PL'ing WBB'ers? I mean if would allow some type of heavy resistance.. could we use it like his real version?
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...cid=157&pid=48

Or only for the stay-at-home moms and recreational athletes?

Chris.. maybe you could ask Louie?

Quote Originally Posted by bearwolf View Post
    Yeah.. but do you think it's any good for us?? As in regular lifters? Perhaps cheapsake PL'ing WBB'ers? I mean if would allow some type of heavy resistance.. could we use it like his real version?

Or only for the stay-at-home moms and recreational athletes?

Chris.. maybe you could ask Louie?

I'll do just that and get back with you.

Chris

I will ask for the better built one. We have a small group of powerlifters, so with some support maybe they will go for it. All they can say is no, leave the equipment to me! Thanks guys

That thing just doesn't look that sturdy for $500. If it were me, I'd still go for the Pro version, even if it's almost 3 x as much, but I know it would last even with heavy weight on it:

5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Ok, they got back with me and the version in the informercial is for home use and would not be best for a strength athlete. If any of you are interested in purchasing the gym versions feel free to contact me and perhaps I can save you a bit of money.

You can also go to www.westside-barbell.com and order direct.

Talked to Lou and they are selling pretty good. I seen the infomercial about 3 weeks ago. I knew it was coming out, and I'll tell ya now for those who dont think it would sell. Think again, the fitness industry is a Multi BILLION dollar industry.

People will see it and go "WOW that will help my back" (Which it will) But then they will pay the 500 Bucks and it will sit in the corner of there house with some clothes hanging on it, or some books and never get used.

They will still complain about there back hurting and Lou will be sitting with there money happy as can be. It happens every day, a new product comes out and people jump all over it. I say Good for Lou, he has done tons for our sport and is willing to give any one free advice that is willing to listen to him. So now he gets his
    MONSTER MODE

I agree with Mike that Louie deserves it! I also agree that the product can and will help a LOT of people.

Chris