Thread: Louie Simmons post online!!!!

Louie Simmons post online!!!!

Just read this on goheavy it is legit and it really is Louie. Looks like I wont be doing any APF/WPO's no more!!!! Wolfy!!!

~ WHAT LOUIE SIMMONS WROTE ~

First I would like to apologize for the treatment of Taisia and Sergiy at the 2007 Arnold Classic, on the behalf of Westside Barbell and all of its lifters. Because of this, I Louie Simmons and all members of Westside Barbell, will not and cannot be associated with the APF and/or the WPO from this point on April 3, 2007.

I hope others with integrity will follow us in a new direction. If powerlifters donít stand behind each other, regardless of race and nationalities, the integrity will crumble before our feet. My life has been dedicated to powerlifting for 41 years and all my memories and friendships have sprung from powerlifting. The fins, Germans and of course the Ukrainians are a large part of these friendships.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to all countries especially the Ukraineís and of course Mr. Kutcher and Mr. Yarymbash and the 19 year old 100k lifter who was disqualified without doing a single deadlift, to come to Ohio and have a chance to win money and I mean guaranteed cash money competing against the best we have to offer. If our competitions from our foreign lands die, we die as well. We will treat you as we would like to be treated, fairly and with respect.

Once again, I would like to apologize to Taisia and her Ukrainian teammates.

Sincerely

Louie
    MONSTER MODE

Hadn't heard what happened. What's the story behind all this Wolfey?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Wow, Louie Simmons is definitely a class act! I respect him even more now. Way to go Lou!!!

I hoped you would confirm or deny that Mike. You never know about the net! I think this could have a huge effect on the APF/WPO Louie is the man and most do and should respect his opinion. We are to small of a group to be so divided and to be pushed around and funked over.

It just sucks as there are some really good APF meet promoters like Carpenter, The Metal Militia guys or the asses that run great meets that are very lifter friendly. Plus all the big shows like the Arnold. Maybe the IPA can do the AC next year. I guess this has been a long time coming KK has burnt lots of lifters.

Wayne
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

I 100% support Louie on this. I am glad he has taken a public stance and see it as a catalyst for change for the better.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Hadn't heard what happened. What's the story behind all this Wolfey?

Kieren owes a LOT of lifters a LOT of unpaid prize monies dating back several years. There is more to it than that, but that is the main point.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Thought I'd heard a little about the money. Do you know anything about the one lifter being disqualified before pulling??

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I don't know all the details about what happened, but from what I do know, I think Louie is doing the right thing. Maybe kidder will be removed before he can do any more damage (or the main source of problems can be rectified).

wow. This seems like a huge breaking point in powerlifting... I don't for the best or worse, but time will tell. I would assume this will lead to bigger and better things.

My dad told me a great quote the other day that relates to this... "If it doesn't make sense, there's money involved". Okay, maybe not a great quote, but it makes a lot of sense with other things as well.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Iron4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Thought I'd heard a little about the money. Do you know anything about the one lifter being disqualified before pulling??
    The "kid" (Vadym) was from the Ukrane and b/c the Ukranian representatives didn't get Kieran the money between the bench and the dead sessions, then Vadym kid (either 19 or 20 yrs old) got booted after benching and being in 3rd place.

Good decision by Louie...
    Lets hope that they take away the Arnold Classic from KK...

Banned
    what league is the westsiders going to lift in then?

What pisses me off is that lifters and promoters have to deal with this **** in the first place.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    what league is the westsiders going to lift in then?
    There's a lot of feds. APA, USAPL, WABDL, 100% Raw, USAPF...take your pick.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    100% Raw

lol. I don't see most of those guys headed here!

Seriously though, from what I have been hearing for a long time is that KK has messed over a lot of lifters. From "invites" to disallowing qualifiers to changing dates/locations of meets to not paying out won prize money. I don't know what went down that the Arnold this year, but obviously Louie and crew feel strongly about it (assuming this is all a true post. Wolfie will I'm sure get the lowdown next time he hits the gym) and I applaud them for taking a stand. Louie is not known for rash judgements, but he is known for being decisive and standing up for what he feels is right, regardless of whether it's a sound "business decision". Bravo.
    Last edited by Isaac Wilkins; 04-04-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

The most likely place for WSB lifters to go is IPA, which is a shame.

Frankly, I think this is just one of the many problems powerlifting is facing. The biggest, IMO, is the downright awful judging. APF/WPO has been goign downhill for a while... I saw some video fromt eh BIG meet where stuff was passed that was embarassing.

Whenever I hear about a big squat in the IPA, I assume it was high.

Gotta fix that first.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post

Frankly, I think this is just one of the many problems powerlifting is facing. The biggest, IMO, is the downright awful judging. APF/WPO has been goign downhill for a while... I saw some video fromt eh BIG meet where stuff was passed that was embarassing.

Gotta fix that first.
    Bigger, better lifters may help bring legitimacy to it, too. Whatever fed they decide to go to is going to also experience major upheaval as it's not going to just he the 20-50 WSB lifters that make the move. The legion of fans that keep up with them are going to follow as well. Also, Louie is, as I said a deeply (and justifiably, I feel) respected member of the powerlifting community. To make a stand like this will force a lot of people to notice, and that will cause some movement in the community.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post

Gotta fix that first.
    Yessir. There are definitely extremes between the feds (APF being too lenient and USAPL perhaps a little too strict, as examples). Until there are some definite standards or efforts to ensure strict judging and enforcement of each feds rules, there will continue to be a certain lack of legitimacy to the sport in the eyes of many. I also think there needs to be a cap on equipment, more standardized and enforced drug testing procedures, etc., but that's another topic. The point is that maybe Louie's stand will get people to take notice, will force some to check themselves, and will start a movement to reverse some of these negative trends.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle