Thread: Trouble gaining lean muscle mass

Hybrid View

Trouble gaining lean muscle mass

I used to be 5 11" and 185lbs, but since i started working out several months ago I lost about 25lbs. Right now my nutritional habits are impeccable but i need to know how to gain lean muscle mass without the added fat. Should i increase my calorie intake, or take more days off my workout schedule (I go 7 days a week).
    Last edited by Manveet; 02-21-2002 at 09:18 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    wow! 7 days a week? I'd think you are overtraining with that much intensity. I'd say increase your caloric intake about 100 calories a week with adequately high protein until you begin seeing an increase in strength and weight(both physically and lifting poundages). Then I'd back off working out to 4-5 max and maybe change up your routine.

I'm no expert by far, so take this advice as you will. Happy training.

Re: Trouble gaining lean muscle mass

Originally posted by Manveet
    I used to be 5 11" and 185lbs, but since i started working out several months ago I lost about 25lbs. Right now my nutritional habits are impeccable but i need to know how to gain lean muscle mass without the added fat. Should i increase my calorie intake, or take more days off my workout schedule (I go 7 days a week).
    *** Hi Manveet, first off I'd like to welcome you!!
    There are so many ways in which one can go about attacking your situation. In my opinion I would post a sample of what your current diet is in the nutrtion forum, from there we can all see indeed if your nutrtion intake is actually up to par in regards to your current goal.
    As for training for lean mass, you will find that it is inevitable that you will see some increase in your total body mass. If you want to add some quality muscle you must accept the fact that if done properly and maticulously that there will be some fat in addition to your lean muscle gains. Genetics and your diet will be the ultimate factor in how much fat actually is put on in total after all is said and done.
    I would also suggest that you post your routine and explain how long your workouts are, how often you train each muscle group, if you perform any cardio etc.... Again, from this we can see what needs to be changed.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

refer to the post in the diet forum for my advice, lol, sorry..