Thread: I need a two day split

I need a two day split

I realised in the gym today that I am going to need to go an extra day and have 2 weight days instead of one because after 4 excerises my body was exhausted. I didn't feel out of breath and was barely sweating but on the 5th excerise I just couldn't pull what I know I can pull on it and the form of my reps were slipping quite bad. I would prefer to have legs done on the last day as not to interfere with my cardio, here are the machines that are in my gym;

Shoulder Press
    Bench Press
    Row Rear Deltoid
    Bicep Curl
    Tricep Push down
    Flys
    Chest Press
    some pull down machine that does your back dunno what it is called.
    Various handles, small bars to attach to a machine
    Leg machines have a machine for every part of leg pretty much.

Do WBB 1

Why are you only working out once a week?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

How can I do WBB1? My gym has no free weights and by the looks of that routine it looks I need free weight, I listed the machines at my gym because that is all I can use.

I am working out once a week because I am trying very hard to get lean and concentrating mainly on cardio, I want to be lean before August, I will start working out more when I am happy with my fat levels.

I think you need to do some reading on body recomposition, and the importance of gaining muscle.

You also need to find another gym.

You can get a great training session with 6 lifts that cover your entire body.

Squat
    SLDL
    Bench press
    OH press
    Chin
    Row.

If you only have access to machines, find machines that do those things. You'll have trouble with the SLDL, but the rest should be there.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I can do 4 of those as OH press is just Shoulder press yeah? I can't do SLDL or DL and I don't think I can do chin ups as there is no assisting machine and I can't pull myself up being too heavy. I can do the other 4 what machines can compensate for chin ups??

I aint changing gym as this one is only 5 mins away and I can't drive.

Banned
    Chin = back, so find a machine that works the back.

Pulldown.

If you are really serious, you'll find a way to train. If you aren't, you'll come up with an excuse.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I don't see what your problem is, you have just said the machines can compensate for the excerises I can't perform apart from SLDL. It's true I don't love lifting weights I go because I feel I need to not because I want to. If I had to travel a hour there and a hour back I wouldn't go, I like this gym and it's convenient. I can still improve on machines I am not trying to be the best bodybuilder ever n a moderate improvement will do.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzee View Post
    How can I do WBB1? My gym has no free weights and by the looks of that routine it looks I need free weight, I listed the machines at my gym because that is all I can use.

I am working out once a week because I am trying very hard to get lean and concentrating mainly on cardio, I want to be lean before August, I will start working out more when I am happy with my fat levels.
    If you want to be lean, then you will have to diet....you ARE restricting calorie levels correct? If you are ingesting excess calories, all the cardio you do is just a waste of time.

Working out once a week is not going to do much good. And I noticed below in your last post that you said you don't like lifting weights and would be happy with just a moderate improvement.

I'm not trying to flame you, but I honestly think you'd be better off picking another activity you enjoy. Why? Because if you don't enjoy an activity you will eventually stop doing it...and the pounds will come back. Pick something you like (playing a sport, running....) and focus at becoming good at that.