Thread: Trying to gain lean muscle mass

Trying to gain lean muscle mass

In the past several months I have lost about 25lbs from working out. Even though I feel a lot more energized at my current weight of 160lbs, I would like to gain about 10lbs of muscle. My diet is really good. I have stayed away from all the junk food and concentrated on eating complex carbs such as pastas, rice and fruits. I also eat some quality protein such as chicken breasts, turkey breasts. And I take a protein powder after my workouts. All in all, I end up eating about 1700cal a day, but I workout 7 days a week. What should I be doing to gain 10lbs of muscle, eating more protein and less carbs, or increase more overall intake of calories a day, or should I cut down on how many days I go to the gym?

first off, i can tell you right now, DONT WORK OUT 7 DAYS /WEEK, you lucky i got to ya first b/c some people can do some serious flaming..lol, j/k.. anywho, what is your age? and how long have you been working out? At 160lbs, unless your metabolism sucks, 1700 calories wouldnt be enough.. Search for some posts in the diet forum, they can give you GREAT info.. What is your routine like? The more rest, the better for someone who is trying to gain weight. try to drop your lifting to 3 days per week, 4 at the most.. That less is more cliche applies here..Elaborate on your routine..

lol,, whoops sorry, i thought you posted in the training section.. lol