Thread: Donkey calf raises

Get big.

Donkey calf raises

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done donkey calf raises with another guy in their gym before? A buddy and I were joking about this and we're thinking about doing it just for the looks we'd get. If possible, we want the guy on top to be doing curls, too (for maximum comedic effect).

Opinions?

Great exercise. A looooong time ago, I was doing it w. two guys and a dipping belt for added weight in the gym. Most of the guys in that particular gym were bodybuilders or bodybuilder wannabes so they were completely cool with it.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

dont play in the weight room your there to accomplish things - nothing pissed me off more then two ppl ****ing around in the weight room - but they are a good exercise, doing them wouldnt be playing around
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Banned
    Lmao. This gave me a great idea. I shouldn't provoke this but oh well.

On an off day, have you and buddy go into the gym, one dressed as a donkey and another dressed as a cowboy. Walk in all serious like you're gonna lift, do the workout and once done, just leave like you got a great workout.

Or, on that day of workout, change into those clothes for that workout and then change back into workout clothes like nothing happend.

Wow..

Quote Originally Posted by piff View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has ever done donkey calf raises with another guy in their gym before? A buddy and I were joking about this and we're thinking about doing it just for the looks we'd get. If possible, we want the guy on top to be doing curls, too (for maximum comedic effect).

Opinions?
    The guy on top should be reading "Flex". That would be funnier. Have someone discreetly taking video and put it on WBB.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    The guy on top should be reading "Flex". That would be funnier. Have someone discreetly taking video and put it on WBB.
    ROFL!!!!!!! I'd buy that video!

Get big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Great idea. I'll do my best

Best idea ever! I can't wait until I see it on here or youtube.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5