The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Need Help! Fix-It Ticket. Any Police Officers Here?

I got a fix it ticket for having tinted front side windows.

I got a courtesy notice saying that I could have it fixed and pay the $10.00 fee with proof of correction.

I also got the option to:

"Pay $118.00 on or before 04/20/07. If you pay the bail, it will appear as a conviction on your driving record."

What does this mean? If i pay the bail, do I no longer need to get the fix it ticket taken care of? Will I have to appear in court? Will my car insurance go up?

What is my best course of action right now?
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Only in California..........
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

i abhor the fact that the state can strip my privacy in my moving automobile, but until I can move out of state I will have to deal with it.

Anybody offer any help?
    Eszekial's Journal

It's not a moving violation. You don't *have* to appear in court. You can pay it and the fix-it ticket will just be paid in full. If you choose to fix it they can't pull you over for it again.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

So basically I can pay the bail and not have to get the tint removed? But they can pull me over again and ticket me again?

What about insurance? Will insurance go up?

And, not to be rude. How do you know this? What makes you qualified to answer?
    Eszekial's Journal

you can also claim you bought the vehicle that way and that you didnt know it was illegal. (it helps if you have a bill of sale which shows you bought the vehicle within the past year).

I dont think my advice helps you much in your exact situtation, but i used that defence myself and got out of it.

I now have a medical note for having tint on the side windows becuase i get bad migraines from sunlight
    Last edited by Roddy; 04-17-2007 at 03:00 AM.

How tinted where they? There are different standards for front, side-front, and rear windows.

You can't see inside the vehicle unless you are very close to it. They are very tinted and mine is clearly illegal.

Anybody help me on the bail situation? I did buy it this way, so it's not like I tinted them knowing i was going to break the law.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 04-16-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Eszekial's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial View Post
    So basically I can pay the bail and not have to get the tint removed? But they can pull me over again and ticket me again?

What about insurance? Will insurance go up?

And, not to be rude. How do you know this? What makes you qualified to answer?
    Go to some car forums, they'll answer the question. I know that tickets can't be taken off of your license becuase it's not a moving violation. I also know that you provided enough information that it says fix the car and pay ten dollars, or don't fix it and pay the entire fine.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Your best bet is to get the tint removed, pay the $10, then retint it later if you want. You can pay the fine but if you get pulled over again, the fees will probably go up and it could lead to more trouble.

California does not allow any tint on the front windows. My bro has limo tint on his GTO but since it is registered in New Mexico at my mom's house, they can't do anything about it. He has been pulled over 4-5 times for it.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    Your best bet is to get the tint removed, pay the $10, then retint it later if you want. You can pay the fine but if you get pulled over again, the fees will probably go up and it could lead to more trouble.

California does not allow any tint on the front windows. My bro has limo tint on his GTO but since it is registered in New Mexico at my mom's house, they can't do anything about it. He has been pulled over 4-5 times for it.
    100% correct. You are not allowed to have any tint on the front windows of a car registered in the state of California. You need to remove the tin and pay the 10 dollar ticket. It will then be closed off your record. At this point you can go have the tint put back on and it will not affect your record if you get pulled over again.

I would suggest that you go to a tinting place and explain the situation with them and work out a deal. I have a deal with a local shop and whenever I get pulled over I have him take it off, pay the $10, and then have him put it back on. He gives me a discount for all the repeat business and I refer all my friends to him.

Just pay the fix it and get it retinted. I did the same thing to my tints three times.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyDante View Post
    Just pay the fix it and get it retinted. I did the same thing to my tints three times.
    I'm not paying $100 to get it re-tinted over and over. I'd rather just not dick with it.
    Eszekial's Journal

Then pay it and don't get it retinted and deal with the laws of the state you live in.
    Nick V

Why not just got to a doctor and get them to write a note saying you need the tint for your eyes and migraine?

Wow......Cali car laws suck........

I have had 30% (under 50 is illegal) on all my cars, and have not gotten pulled over. What sucks about our laws, is the fact that we HAVE to have a front plate, which is an eyesore. Many states only require the rear one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    Then pay it and don't get it retinted and deal with the laws of the state you live in.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

In NC we have ****ty tint laws as well. My car came with absolutely no tint on any of the windows, and it looked cheap. So, I got it slightly tinted, and now, despite the fact that it is blatantly obvious that my car is not illegally tinted, I have to pay an extra $10 for them to scan it every year when I get my car inspected.

It's such a ridiculous law.

Footballer
    I'm not paying $100 to get it re-tinted over and over. I'd rather just not dick with it.
    100$ for the front two windows? Damn thats expensive.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

I used to have 5% all the way around on my old car. I now have one car with 25% all the way around, and another car with 50% all the way. The cops use the window tint/no front license plate rules as excuses to pull you over to check for drugs or alcohol in my area... I've been pulled over so many times I can't even count, but I was never told to have to the tint removed. You're gonna have to pay your fine, but leaving it on is going to leave you at risk for more fines. It shouldn't affect your insurance seeing as its not a moving violation. It would be the same classification as a parking ticket i'm assuming. I would get it re tinted to 50% and save yourself the hassle. You could maybe get away with 35% but 50 is legal.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Pay $118.00 on or before 04/20/07. If you pay the bail, it will appear as a conviction on your driving record.
    I say pay the 10 dollar fix-it and see how much the tinting place will re-tint it for. If it's 100 bucks, you are saving 8 dollars.
    theJamAbides
    5'11" - 200 lbs.
    Jam's Journal

BP - 190x5
    DL - 250x5
    SQ - 230x5
    C**k Pushups - 1x1 (Cuz that's all you need baby!)