Thread: Added more food to my cut...hows it look?

Wannabebig Member

Added more food to my cut...hows it look?

Well today was an off day for me as far as my workout routine goes. I did do cardio which I burned aprox 200cals. In my last thread, people suggested I eat more and add 2 more meals. Some stats: Im 20 years old, 6 foot tall, weight is aprox 175 pounds. Im currently on the WBB1 routine. I am tracking everything on fitday but feel as though today I may have eaten too much
    Total Cals:2402
    Fat:86g
    Carbs:140g
    Protein:254g

Meal 1: 3/4 cups of oats added with 1/4 cup of milk, and whey protein shake w/1 cup of milk.
    Meal 2: 1/4 can of water based tuna
    Meal 3: 5 small boneless chicken breast strips grilled and 1 toasted blueberry bagel
    Meal 4: 2 8oz steaks and 2 cups of peas
    Meal 5: Going to be a protein shake(so add 100 calories/20g protein to my above numbers)

I probally shouldnt have eaten that second steak or the blueberry bagel? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I will try and improve on my diet tomorrow. I did however get 2 more meals in like suggested Thanks guys.

If you want to eat a firm 2400 cals a while, then i would probably cut back a little bit on the protien. Your fat intake is at proper level, and your carb intake is probably adequate.

Remember you only need 1g/lbm of protien. LBM = Bodyweight - bodyfat

You say you are getting 86g of fat, but i dont see any fat sources listed in your meals?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    If you want to eat a firm 2400 cals a while, then i would probably cut back a little bit on the protien. Your fat intake is at proper level, and your carb intake is probably adequate.

Remember you only need 1g/lbm of protien. LBM = Bodyweight - bodyfat

You say you are getting 86g of fat, but i dont see any fat sources listed in your meals?
    I think a lot of the fat was coming from my steak. I dont necessarly want to consume 2400cals a day but I dont really know what my maintenance cals are. And the extra protein was just a plus I guess because I didnt try to get more than 175g...it just kinda happened.

well extra protein is extra calories. How many grams of fat did the steak have?If all your fat is coming from steak then that is mainly saturated. you need to add fish oil and some mono sources like olive oil,avocados, nuts,peanut butter, etc.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks Mr.D. I did not realize that extra protein=cals. I will try to add in some natural pb in my diet. Would whole wheat bread with natural pb on it be a good source of good fat?

Wannabebig Member
    Any other suggestions?

2400 cals for someone your size is probably close to what you want. Stick with 2400 for 8-10 days and see what the scale does, and how you feel. If you are getting tired, constantly feel run down, lack energy, lifts start to suffer, then add more calories. If your dropping weight too fast, then add calories. If your not dropping then go down to 2300 or 2200 and see what that does.

For the past two weeks I was at 2500-2600 cals, and was dropping weight way too fast. Was going down 2-3lbs a week, so now I'm up to 2800 or so and still dropping pretty quick.
    Nick V

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    I'm sure someone has already asked you why you're cutting when you're 6'0 and 175 pounds, so I won't. Or did I just do it? Hmmm...
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    I'm sure someone has already asked you why you're cutting when you're 6'0 and 175 pounds, so I won't. Or did I just do it? Hmmm...
    Haha, yeah someone in my last thread did. The reason why I am cutting is because I seem to have some fat in my stomach area/chest. I thought it was better to lose that first before bulking or am I wrong? Im open to any suggestions. Thanks.

People differ on this. But in general, the more fat you have on your body the harder and more work it will be to get LEAN. The leaner you are when you start the bulk, the less fat you will put on.

I know alot of people who will only bulk until 13-15% BF.