Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: VT Killer Sent a Package to NBC

  1. #26
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,644
    Maybe this was said in other threads, but I think it's sick that this a-hole's been getting so much attention. I haven't seen the video, I haven't read his f***ing stupid plays, and I don't want to see his f-ing goofy face again.

    If there is such a thing as karma and reincarnation, I'd hate to see what he comes back as.

    Anyway, f*** him - let's hear about the heroes/victims that had to die because a crazy a-hole w. guns wanted to be lavished with attention which his is now getting. Can you imagine a mathematic professor, Livlu Librescu, survived the Holocaust, immigrated to the U.S., and then saved students lives by sacrificing his own life to block the door as students climbed out the window? I am literally moved to tears by this guy - an amazing, amazing man.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

  2. #27
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    It's sad to say this, but honestly, people want to know about the psychos. They want to know about him the same way people drive by an accident and don't want to look, but they have to. It's the entire reason why the media played the video and put the pictures up-ratings.

    You don't hear anything about the victims because if news channel A was doing a story on them, the viewer would change to news channel B that at the time was covering the psycho. It's sad, but that's how it is.
    Last edited by HahnB; 04-20-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,151
    <---

    Yeah, well, of course they would do it that way. You can try to scrutinze and diagnose the murder with a problem that would explain why he did something (to maybe stop something from happening again). You can explain why those who died died when the are innocent.

  4. #29
    Senior Member accuFLEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,190
    I think everyone here is forgetting that we (Canada) had a shooting in September in Montreal. So thats 2 this year.

    And campus security will help with a lot more then just school shootings. Drugs, alcohol, abuse etc. IMO would be lowered with cameras all over the place, and enforcement officers.

    And I've just gota say, I can't even imagine what it would feel like to have your girlfriend killed, and then you being arrested for it when you had no part. That would be a HUGE kick in the balls.

  5. #30
    Ex-Manwhore KingWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris686 View Post

    That's not to say that this whole thing wasn't preventable. The kid was showing psychological issues way before this thing even happened. But many people show similar signs and never go on a shooting spree.
    BINGO. They had enough evidence to rule him crazy and a " possible harm to himself and others" like back in 2005. He should never have been allowed to purchase guns, let alone attend school.
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

    Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

    CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

    You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

  6. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder View Post
    BINGO. They had enough evidence to rule him crazy and a " possible harm to himself and others" like back in 2005. He should never have been allowed to purchase guns, let alone attend school.
    I posted this above but apparently it got lost. He was admitted into a mental institution and they let him out. He was also tried against a student tribunal for harassment, but they decided not to do anything. The system is in place, they just ****ed up.

  7. #32
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    The NRA has been a long-time advocate of releasing these type of medical records so these people can't purchase guns, but the medical community has been reluctant to do so because of privacy protection. Apparently this psychopath's privacy was more important than 32 lives. He probably would have gotten a gun anyways, but there needs to be better coummunication between the medical community and law enforcement.
    Last edited by HahnB; 04-20-2007 at 09:19 AM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  8. #33
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris686 View Post
    How many major shootings have there been by students? Two?

    This and Columbine.
    There have been dozens of school shootings. I think any fatal shooting is serious enough to call major. Hardly any of them got the publicity of this and Comlumbine, but they have been happening for decades.
    http://www.keystosaferschools.com/Ma..._Shootings.htm
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  9. #34
    Banned KingJustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,025
    I think there's a big difference between a murder that occurs in a school and an incident where some nutjob shoots random students.

  10. #35
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    What do circumstantial differences make? At least one student died AT school. Whether selected at random or for a reason, your personal security at school will be affected.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  11. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris686
    How many major shootings have there been by students? Two?
    Do you live under a rock?

  12. #37
    Superman sharkall2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    The NRA has been a long-time advocate of releasing these type of medical records so these people can't purchase guns, but the medical community has been reluctant to do so because of privacy protection. Apparently this psychopath's privacy was more important than 32 lives. He probably would have gotten a gun anyways, but there needs to be better coummunication between the medical community and law enforcement.
    I agree with the NRA. Yeah, privacy issues are at hand, but anyone that has been in a psychiatric ward or is under the supervision of a psychologist should be limited to gun ownership. Of course, it would have to be much more specific, but some felons (ones that never actually killed anyone or even used a gun) are not allowed to vote, use a gun or anything. All of these people (including gun owners now) should have to go through a very very thorough background check. If more precautions were taken when selling handguns, I think that things like this would not be as common. However, there are many ways to purchase these guns illegally and that's where the problem comes in.

    My sympathies go out to these families and I hope that they at least have light to see in another place. May God bless all who where involved or hurt in someway because of this atrocity.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

  13. #38
    Senior Member seK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,457
    The NRA is a terrible representative of gun owners. 90% of the time they portray the average gun owner as a redneck with a gun rack in every room of their house. Honestly how many gun owners would agree to have a gun rally days after a school shooting ..... in the same town.
    They are almost as bad as PETA representing pet owners.

  14. #39
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    I thought this was pretty interesting. Steven King's take on Cho:
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036014,00.html

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  15. #40
    Waiting for weight! Powdered_Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    456
    Bullied kids have to be counselled asap dammit..do the maths (and dont even try to pretend the teachers dont know which kids are getting bullied)! Every time this happens its some kid whos unbelievably bitter with their peers and has so much hatred they are willing and prepared to do something disgusting like this.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87300
    21 yrs
    155 lbs 01/2/07 - 167 lbs 16/3/07 -169 lbs 20/4/07
    5'10 ft

    Bench: 120lbs
    DL: 160lbs
    Squat: 120lbs ON HOLD
    Total = 400lbs

  16. #41
    Fountainhead Organichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    The NRA is a terrible representative of gun owners. 90% of the time they portray the average gun owner as a redneck with a gun rack in every room of their house. Honestly how many gun owners would agree to have a gun rally days after a school shooting ..... in the same town.
    They are almost as bad as PETA representing pet owners.
    Not to defend the NRA... but that meeting spot had been decided something like eight months before that shooting ever occurred. It wasn't as though they marched in to prove a point.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

  17. #42
    Senior Member seK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    Not to defend the NRA... but that meeting spot had been decided something like eight months before that shooting ever occurred. It wasn't as though they marched in to prove a point.
    Yah and to cancel would be wrong….

  18. #43
    Fountainhead Organichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,707
    Don't get me wrong- it was a bit of a dick move.

    I know you weren't trying to misrepresent the issue- but it can definitely be interpreted the wrong way; i.e. that the NRA saw a "lil black kid" get shot, and decided to head over and push their agenda.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

  19. #44
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    Yah and to cancel would be wrong….
    If you don't know the facts, don't condem organizations like the NRA, then later change your story to "and to cancel would be wrong".
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  20. #45
    Senior Member seK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    If you don't know the facts, don't condem organizations like the NRA, then later change your story to "and to cancel would be wrong".
    lol He was trying to use the scheduling to defend their march, canceling was an obvious option that no one in the NRA seemed to realize would be the "right" thing to do. The whole situation was bull**** on their part.
    Also what facts do you want me to be aware of that you have so adequately supplied?

    On a side note another program supposedly in development by the NRA; "No Student Left Unarmed"

  21. #46
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    lol He was trying to use the scheduling to defend their march, canceling was an obvious option that no one in the NRA seemed to realize would be the "right" thing to do. The whole situation was bull**** on their part.
    Also what facts do you want me to be aware of that you have so adequately supplied?

    On a side note another program supposedly in development by the NRA; "No Student Left Unarmed"
    At first you said they scheduled it right away as soon as the shooting happened, which was wrong. Then you quickly changed your argument to save face saying "oh, well they should have at least cancelled it".

    What does the NRA have to do with the shooting? Should AAA shut down their operations for a day when someone dies in a car accident? http://concealedcampus.org/ A lot of students are supporting the NRA. Hundreds of thousands of students on facebook are.

    Another good article. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/com...ent/index.html
    Last edited by HahnB; 04-21-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  22. #47
    Senior Member seK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,457
    At first you said they scheduled it right away as soon as the shooting happened, which was wrong. Then you quickly changed your argument to save face saying "oh, well they should have at least cancelled it".
    Honestly how many gun owners would agree to have a gun rally days after a school shooting ..... in the same town.
    Never did I say when they schedueled it. You didn't read what I wrote but thats fine I skim over posts all the time. If I did say that I wouldn't have a problem admitting my mistake, I am sorry but "saving face" on an internet forume isn't a priority for me.


    What does the NRA have to do with the shooting? Should AAA shut down their operations for a day when someone dies in a car accident? http://concealedcampus.org/ A lot of students are supporting the NRA. Hundreds of thousands of students on facebook are.
    Come on now I think you even know that your comparison of AAA to the NRA is a pretty far stretch.
    My over all point is that the NRA is a organization designed to sell more guns, I am fine with honest and responsible gun ownership. What pisses me off is an organization that pushes guns as first choice solution to problems.... don’t feel safe? Buy a gun.... this concept is just socially dishonest and does nothing but sell more guns. The bottom line for the NRA is to sell more guns to more people to ensure the gun companies they basically represent are happy.

    I also find it hard to believe that you actually think that it was a good idea to hold a gun rally days after a school shooting, come on all rights and privileges aside it's just a disrespectful marketing ploy.

  23. #48
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    The NRA had nothing to do with it. I don't see anything wrong with it. Cancelling the rally would make the NRA look guilty, which they were most certainly not. The only way to be protected from a random shooting is to arm yourself. It's already been proven that the police aren't going to arrive in time, that much should be common sense. If you feel that the chance of yourself being shot randomly by a nut case is not big enough to justify carrying a gun, fine. I have NO problem with that. The problem I have is with people who try to stop me or others from carrying one.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  24. #49
    Senior Member seK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,457
    The NRA had nothing to do with it. I don't see anything wrong with it. Cancelling the rally would make the NRA look guilty, which they were most certainly not.
    Hardly, cancelling would have showed that they had a social conciouse, it you want to belive that it was to prove non-guilt then thats fine.


    The only way to be protected from a random shooting is to arm yourself. It's already been proven that the police aren't going to arrive in time, that much should be common sense. If you feel that the chance of yourself being shot randomly by a nut case is not big enough to justify carrying a gun, fine. I have NO problem with that. The problem I have is with people who try to stop me or others from carrying one.
    Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

    My opinion on the subject is that people tend to get overconfident when the own a weapon (hero syndrome) when most of the time it’s a false sense of security.
    Another scenario for thought would be if the students were armed at VT, so you hear gun shots outside your class the first thing you do then I am assuming would be to grab your “savior” your gun.... the next person that walks into your class is another innocent student who has their gun....

  25. #50
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    Hardly, cancelling would have showed that they had a social conciouse, it you want to belive that it was to prove non-guilt then thats fine.



    Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

    My opinion on the subject is that people tend to get overconfident when the own a weapon (hero syndrome) when most of the time it’s a false sense of security.
    Another scenario for thought would be if the students were armed at VT, so you hear gun shots outside your class the first thing you do then I am assuming would be to grab your “savior” your gun.... the next person that walks into your class is another innocent student who has their gun....
    What you're proposing is a very real possibility in a panic situation. However, if your an educated gun owner you're not going to be running around a building that cops are about to storm with your weapon in hand. Once the threat is taken out, stay put.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 02:16 PM
  2. NFL Fantasy Draft 11th spot sucks ass
    By ElPietro in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 02:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •