Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VT Killer Sent a Package to NBC

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    What you're proposing is a very real possibility in a panic situation. However, if your an educated gun owner you're not going to be running around a building that cops are about to storm with your weapon in hand. Once the threat is taken out, stay put.
    People can't operate or follow most traffic laws how do you suppose the average person is going to react during such a situation.

In the end there is no perfect solution, people do have the right to protect themselves but they also do not have the right to put others in harms way. Itís an interesting discussion none the less but a solution is probably unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    People can't operate or follow most traffic laws how do you suppose the average person is going to react during such a situation.
    It's not like every student is going to be armed-nobody wants that. Most people don't even know their state allows concealed carry. I don't want to go out and "arm" students. I want to allow the students that wish to be armed to do so.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    My over all point is that the NRA is a organization designed to sell more guns, I am fine with honest and responsible gun ownership. What pisses me off is an organization that pushes guns as first choice solution to problems.... donít feel safe? Buy a gun.... this concept is just socially dishonest and does nothing but sell more guns.
    Do you think owning a gun that will protect your life isn't the best solution to a problem? Wait until someone breaks into your home and threatens your family, then we'll see who's talking. Until then, I don't think you have a whole lot of room to speak. A gun doesn't make me feel safe. It allows me to protect myself in case an intruder or a potential harm comes my way that is threatening my life or my family in any way, shape or form.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    Do you think owning a gun that will protect your life isn't the best solution to a problem? Wait until someone breaks into your home and threatens your family, then we'll see who's talking. Until then, I don't think you have a whole lot of room to speak. A gun doesn't make me feel safe. It allows me to protect myself in case an intruder or a potential harm comes my way that is threatening my life or my family in any way, shape or form.
    Uh you missed my point completely.

On a side note I have been held at gun point while the store I was in was being robbed so don't use life experience as an excuse to support your OPINION being more viable than someone elseís. The post was commenting on the NRAís poor portrayal of the responsible gun owner. Hopefully in the future you will listen and read before you get your panties in a bunch.