The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Need Advice...

Banned

Need Advice...

Hey guys, I've been going through some real serious stuff lately and it's put me in a rut with other aspects of my life.

I'm 18, I just had my first semester of college this past few months and I was doing really well for the first three, until I found out I was having a kid. After that, everything just went down-hill. My grades slowly started to slip and I started not going to school. I just recently had a near heart attack due to anxiety and depression & everything just twisted up. I still have a few classes left in the semester but i really don't see the point in attending them since I'm going to receive less than the permitted grade to earn credit for the course.

My babys-moma is two cities over and my kids expected due date is September 17th. I have a few options here but I don't know what I should do.

On one hand I can stay here where I live (with mom and dad) save money and get a car, and go back and forth to the next city over and here to see my kid while paying my parents 200.00 a month since I wont be in school anymore.

Or I can save money for about 6-8 months and try and relocate to the city where my kid is going to be born. Try and find a job there and see if I can't take at least two college courses a semester....

I'm really lost on what to do...any advice would be great...

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Don't be short sighted man. You have a kid.
    Stay in school and tough it out. I've been in the real world a long time and others here have too.. Suffer now for a better life later. I know others will chime in.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Other people have managed to educate themselves while having families. Is it easy? No. Optimal? No. Possible? That's the only thing you need to focus on here.

Now. What is the relationship like between you and your future child's mother? What kind of support will you be providing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    Don't be short sighted man. You have a kid.
    Stay in school and tough it out. I've been in the real world a long time and others here have too.. Suffer now for a better life later. I know others will chime in.
    I agree. I don't think I need to pull out any statistics to prove that higher education equals a higher paying job. You don't want to work at McDonald's when you're 40, do you? I think you would rather have a tough life now, but have money later on when your kid needs it.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

It's possible to be a full-time student AND work full-time. Yes, it sucks ass, but it can be done and that is probably what you need to do.

You're going to be a father whether you like it or not. Time to be a man.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You're going to be a father whether you like it or not. Time to be a man.
    This is powerful.

Banned
    My problem isn't with having the kid..
    It's what steps I'm going to take while Im trying to support it with the mother.

No, I don't get a long with her and my current girlfriend despises her because well...She is a bit vindictive...My baby's momma is saying that my new girlfriend can't ever see the kid and yatta yatta... talking about restraining orders...blah

There both very immature and annoying lol...But I'm stuck with both so I got to do what I gots to do...

ehh

Banned
    I saw her take birth control everyday...
    was that 1% man...

Quote Originally Posted by SkeetSkeet18 View Post
    Or I can save money for about 6-8 months and try and relocate to the city where my kid is going to be born. Try and find a job there and see if I can't take at least two college courses a semester....

Thanks

This is not a bad idea at all.

With your other option, transportation costs add-up.

I saw her take birth control everyday...
    was that 1% man...

Baby Aspirin. You were screwed. You said vindictive and this is very vindictive.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    This is not a bad idea at all.

With your other option, transportation costs add-up.
    Yeh thats why in my first option, I wouldn't be going to school..
    The next city over is phoenix and she lives on the outside. I think it's 140 miles there and 140 back...So an ass-load of gass. Took me 32 dollars alone just to get out there last time, and I got stranded. my mom had to come get me lol.

And to the guy above me. That could be very true, or...
    My mom said she probably didn't take it when I wasn't around, because girls do some messed up stuff...

At any rate, it's what I get for trusting her....at least I get something so beautiful to walk away with...
    Last edited by SkeetSkeet18; 04-19-2007 at 10:19 AM.

I'm with Sensei on this. You'll have to go to school and work full-time. Best of luck.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

My problem isn't with having the kid..
    It's what steps I'm going to take while Im trying to support it with the mother.

No, I don't get a long with her and my current girlfriend despises her because well...She is a bit vindictive...My baby's momma is saying that my new girlfriend can't ever see the kid and yatta yatta... talking about restraining orders...blah

There both very immature and annoying lol...But I'm stuck with both so I got to do what I gots to do...

ehh
    I guess that's your decision if you aren't going to try to work out things with the mother, but why the hell would you be wanting your girlfriend to be spending time with your baby? If the mother doesn't want her to see the baby, then that should be a-ok. The kid's going to have a mama already and won't need two or three. Give the kid as much stability as you can - bringing people in and out of the kid's life is not in her best interest.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook

Banned
    My girlfriend will be living with me, and paying half of the rent lol...
    What am I suppose to do, kick her out?

You should step back and reflect. Try to learn from your mistakes not create more.

A tthis point in your life it seems the girl friend moving in is a step in the wrong direction.

Until you have a wife DO NOT confuse your child with your BS relationships. Very very bad move. Your baby already has a Mom.

I worked 2 jobs and was going to school at the same time.
    SUCKED BIG TIME!
    Well worth it now.

Time to grow up and take on the responsibilities you created.
    Stop moaning and do the right thing Daddy man.

Two words bro:

Paternity Test

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    You should step back and reflect. Try to learn from your mistakes not create more.

A tthis point in your life it seems the girl friend moving in is a step in the wrong direction.

Until you have a wife DO NOT confuse your child with your BS relationships. Very very bad move. Your baby already has a Mom.

I worked 2 jobs and was going to school at the same time.
    SUCKED BIG TIME!
    Well worth it now.

Time to grow up and take on the responsibilities you created.
    Stop moaning and do the right thing Daddy man.
    Exactly. I don't know what you were expecting here, but your kid deserves nothing less than the best 'you' you can give. Playtime ended the minute the girl got pregnant.

The moral of the story Ö never trust a woman.

jk

It takes two to make a baby.... so they tell me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Two words bro:

Paternity Test
    :withstupi

6'3"

*on the shelf*