The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    I lurk, therefore I am

Quick Q about takinga a break while cutting

Hi, I've got a quick question.

I haven't taken a week off in months, and my lifts are suffering it seems, largely due to my cut (nearing the end of the third week now), but my bench and bis have been suffering since long before the cut.

When you take a week off during a bulk, usually you'd lift better when you start up again the following week, right?

Is it the same principle on a cut? Or would taking a week break allow for loss of muscle mass even moreso?

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I lurk, therefore I am
    anyone?

I lurk, therefore I am
    43 views and nada? c'maaaaaaan

How hard are you cutting? What macros are you running, how much of a deficit is it? When was the last time you did a refeed with carbs?

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    Sometimes I think built should have a hotline...43 views and nothing...we were waiting on her answer!

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    yea...i have...right before i took a magic marker and drew an a eight pack on my stomach just like yours

wow i need sleep
    Last edited by nddillon; 04-22-2007 at 12:59 AM.

I lurk, therefore I am
    Well, I would normally have been doing 3 lifting days a week, and that's about it. I'm not cutting HARD (~4 weeks so far), but out of the previous 4 off days, I do 3 of cardio--usually alternating between HIIT and SS (thanks to your sig link, of course ) Also, since I've got more free time now, I was thinking of doing cardio on a couple lifting days too.

As for calories, I've cut off ~400 from my daily intake, which was around 3500and I still eat a decent amount of food, but no junk. Might indulge in a chocolate once a week, and some fries, but usually that's it.

I do my best to limit the amount of carbs I eat, unless it's before a workout session for energy, or perhaps running. Then I'll have about two starches. Otherwise I limit as much as I can.

I think I should add in that I'm not currently cycling creatine, if that should affect my decision.

That's about the extent of my understanding to be able to reply to your post lol, and thank you for your help.
    Last edited by adamnur; 04-22-2007 at 04:26 AM.

You might consider doing a refeed day - basically keep your protein the same as always, fats quite low, and lots and lots of starch. I do these as two half-days, on two consecutive training days so I get to take full advantage of the carbs, but that's more for comfort than anything.

You could try that - it's not a bad idea to do these every few weeks, especially as your cut progresses. Done right, you'll feel reborn after a refeed.

PS thanks for reading my cardio article! I'm glad you're finding it helpful.