Thread: Website I made for Tutoring

hmm, I like to be big!!!

Website I made for Tutoring

Hey guys,

In my free time I decided I would try tutoring. I have tutored a few kids already and thought it was time to build a website and treat it a bit more like a real business.

Here is my website as of now.

www.exemplarytutors.com

I don't know how much time I can dedicate to tutoring because of the time I will need to spend on my thesis and the GMATs, but I'll try my best to manage Exemplary Tutors and take on more students.

I wanted to know what you guys thought of the website as I have no experience in making webpages and thought feedback would be nice.
    Last edited by nejar462; 04-29-2007 at 02:36 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Hey.

I have a bunch of experience with web design. As far as simple changes that can make a big difference, change the top image. It's kind of hard to explain this, but it just doesn't look right/nice.

Also, make the link colors a darker orange.

You might also want to use a style sheet for all the CSS junk.. It looks like you have a good grasp on HTML/CSS, though. Did you write it all or did you get this off a template?

Good luck with the business.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 04-29-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Definitely change the top graphic... it's design and color scheme have absolutely no flow with the rest of the site.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    O no I just used google page creator to make everything.

Thanks for advice, I wonder how I can change the top graphic so it fits though.
    Last edited by nejar462; 04-29-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Yeah, much better looking now.

One thing though: on the main page, the top text is centered. On the other pages it is aligned to the left. I'd keep it constant.