Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crocop vs. Gonzaga

Crocop vs. Gonzaga

WOW, did any of you watch that??? Crocop got a taste of his own medicine!
    Last edited by Beast; 04-21-2007 at 09:59 PM.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

That was brutal, his leg didn't look right at all after that. hope he's not out for good.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Brutal power by the Brazilian. CroCops leg did look wrong, but he was putting his weight on it afterwords. Hopefully it will be okay.
    Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix.

Link to my change http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85798

He doesnt start fights he just operates on high speed in a low speed zone all the time .-BRAWL

Yah that was a brutal kick, and his leg looked messed but he was standing at the end. Guess it goes to show anything can happen.

The Bisping fight was brutal also, he has some nasty ground and pound.

On a good note I hope this sets up a rematch with CC and Big Nog!

This moves up to the #1 upset of the year right ontop of serra beating GSP... whats next is Fedor going to lose to Tank Abbot? lol

Unreal ... I just drove home from watching this at a friend's place and I'm still shocked.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

PoutineEh
    crocop did have a nice kick to gonzaga's ribs early on, but that kick to crocop's temple was just brutal.

incredible upset. i can't believe crocop's ankle wasn't ****ed up. that thing was twisted almost 90 degrees.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

WOW! That was devastating!!!

Wannabebig New Member
    Haha great upset ...it's a good year for those huh ?
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

That was amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

This year is just getting ridiculous.

It's only April and so far we've had Henderson beat Wanderlei, Diaz beat Gomi, Sokoudjou beat Rogerio Noguiera and Arona, Randy Couture beat Tim Sylvia, Matt Serra beat GSP and Gonzaga beat Cro Cop.

At first the upsets were exciting, but -- to be honest -- they are getting kind of frustrating. You can't even say someone is good anymore. The idea of rankings seems obsurd now. Even championship belts are losing their luster when it seems like wins and loses are just random. Almost every single big fight this year has been a huge upset.

EDIT: I might be overreacting.
    Last edited by DokterVet; 04-22-2007 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DokterVet View Post
    This year is just getting ridiculous.

It's only April and so far we've had Henderson beat Wanderlei, Diaz beat Gomi, Sokoudjou beat Rogerio Noguiera and Arona, Randy Couture beat Tim Sylvia, Matt Serra beat GSP and Gonzaga beat Cro Cop.

At first the upsets were exciting, but -- to be honest -- they are getting kind of frustrating. You can't even say someone is good anymore. The idea of rankings seems obsurd now. Even championship belts are losing their luster when it seems like wins and loses are just random. Almost every single big fight this year has been a huge upset.

EDIT: I might be overreacting.

Nah, I understand you. I'm a bettor, so it can get frustrating for sure. Fortunately, I knew that Diaz > Gomi, Trigg > Misaki, Couture > Sylvia, Kos > Diego, Kongo > Silva, so I got my money's worth on that.

I couldn't predict the others, as those were just UPSETS, period. Fights like Serra > GSP, Soakajew > Arona/Lil Nog, Gonzaga > CroCop are simply fights that even the best analyst can't predict. It is getting a little out of hand, and it seriously feels like the Earth spun off its axis and entered the Twilight Zone or something. It's like guys who sucks, are suddenly good, and guys who were considered in the top 5 P4P, are suddenly cans. It's just incredibly backwards...
    Last edited by chemical Andy; 04-22-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Is there an upload anywhere yet guys?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    What the heck are you guys talking about? MMA?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Cro Cop was lazy looking for this fight. I he probably thought it would be easy like his last bout.

www.crocop.de/gonzaga-video.html
    5'8'' 180 lbs

Big 3: 1035

The Video is on http://www.crocop.de/

Edit, didn't refresh before I posted...

Edit again... OMG! Just damn, that was a hell of kick. I mean, I can high kick but nothing like that..
    Last edited by Clifford Gillmore; 04-22-2007 at 04:04 AM.

That was an absolutely crushing kick. He didn't fall.....he collapsed....just crumbled. Wow.
    Last edited by Majestic; 04-22-2007 at 11:29 AM.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Banned
    Dang it, I missed it, I was too busy playing beer pong lol

Cro Cop did not look himself at any point. I wonder if he was sick or something. After seeing him stalk Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett like a killing machine a few months ago, it's hard to beleive he would be tentative against Gonzaga if he was 100%.

Some great fights last night (expect for Arlovski who is boring as hell).

I can't believe Cro Cop didn't mess up his leg. He'll come back just fine. He is still a top level fighter.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

The fact that he was totally limp and unconscious probably kept his leg from being as damaged as it looked. His muscles and tendons probably wouldn't have seized up like a conscious person's would.

Looks like someone lowered his elbow to protect his ribs and WHAP the kick went upside his ear. Happens to the best of them.

Hey according to Joe Rogan, Congo should go to a wrestling/jui jitsu camp. Ya we heard you the first time, holy cr@p, a couple times is fine, it was like I was listening to Billy Packard last night. Over and over.

Dana White should really consider keeping Arlovski off the card next time, last night was awful. Or maybe they should change the payout. If it is a lame fight where you dance around all night you get paid this, if you really engage and put on a good show you get this amount. I mean come on, first round you basically chop off his leg and then instead of finishing him you practice your boxing. Huh?

A little bit of a scare for the "Count". I thought Elvis has that kimura in there, but looked like he was a little gassed. Anyways that was a real nice fight. Was real happy to not have to pay for that b/c would have been disappointed.

Looking forward to Chuck and Rampage 2.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Yes that has to be the biggest upset of the year, I sat there staring at my screen wondering what the hell happened. It looked like crocop died after that kick

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Ow...ow...ow...foot...foot...foot..ow. Geez. =\
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Dana White should really consider keeping Arlovski off the card next time, last night was awful.
    That was the most boring fight I have ever seen. I had to turn the TV off. Those 2 guys didn't do anything at all.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties