The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

General Brute Strenght

Quick Overview:
    I have been working out on the WBB1 routine for about 3/4 of a year now and have defiantly made some strength gains on it. Before I hopped onto this forum I was more interested in Body Weight Power Moves (L-Seats, Iron Cross, 1 Arm Chins, Flags, Planks, etc). Some of these I could do, but I require some extra grunt for some of the other ones I was trying to accomplish ( 1 arm chins for example). Now after getting a lot stronger I think I want to change my training over the summer to more of these Body Weight / Stability movements.

I have a limited amount of weight at home (200lbs...without resorting to my tractor tire DeadLift bar ) I have built a basic gym in my garage that should let me push, pull, or drag anything I see fit. I want to focus on more full body routines 3X a week with some minor skill training between (Hand stand pushups, 1 Legged squat hops, etc.)

Basically heres a few things I am considering (not all to be done at once!):

-Chest Back-
    Pull Ups
    Deads
    Row
    Bench / Weighted Pushups on Rings....dont ask
    Military Press
    Dips

-Legs-
    ATF Squats (literally)
    1 Leg Calve Raises
    1 Leg Squats (weighted)

-Arms-
    Chins (underhand Grip)
    Skull Crushers (yes...still a little isolation work in here)
    Grip (Captain of Crush / Hockey Stick with rope and weight / Pinch Grip Anything!)
    BB Curl / Hammers

-General Upper Body / Mid section-
    L-Seat Pullups
    Rope Climb (L-Seat)
    Planks (All types)
    Levers (All types)
    Flags
    Handstands (Press)

I am fairly sure I can hit most of the muscle groups as intense as any one else can, even with my limited weight. Plus I find this kind of training MUCH funner...and crazy intense!

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that may be able to add some constructive criticism to my scheme or even let me know of other freakishly hard power movements.

With the funding associated with working again I should also be able to start cramming my face with food...delicious, delicious, dense food!

Let me know what you think.
    Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

...quit reading and start eating!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    I also like doing unconventional training
    Sounds like you, my friend, need a sled. Draggin' heavy $hit good! Also I have a backpack I use to hold weight on my chest or back for pullups, puchups, chinups, dips, closegrip chest dips. Another thing...I like to climb trees...sssshhhhhhhhh...our secret. If you try and limit the work to lifting with your upper body it is pretty intense.

However 3x a week is a killer, a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by nddillon View Post
    I also like doing unconventional training
    Sounds like you, my friend, need a sled. Draggin' heavy $hit good! Also I have a backpack I use to hold weight on my chest or back for pullups, puchups, chinups, dips, closegrip chest dips. Another thing...I like to climb trees...sssshhhhhhhhh...our secret. If you try and limit the work to lifting with your upper body it is pretty intense.

However 3x a week is a killer, a bit much.

Hehe...I have tons of trees too! Plus I was really into free running a while back and that defiantly teaches you some really freaky stuff. Backpack...yes...I have also ventured into that territory.

Actually what I kinna wanna make is one of those peg board things. You get 2 thick dowels in your hands and climb up a board that is littered with holes to put the dowel in...haven't seen them in a long time.

I am trying this week with 45min sessions with full body work...I'll have to see how burnt I am by weeks end and adjust from there.
    Last edited by FreeRider; 04-23-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    What are your goals? Hypertrophy, strength, or just fitness in general...

OFFTOPIC: Ever seen a show called Ninja Warrior on this geek channel called G4? It's f'ing crazy...the stuff they do on there makes the guantlet on American Gladiators look like...uhhhh...well something easy!

Mostly Hypertrophy and strength.

I haven't seen Ninja Warrior unfortunately......or fortunately? If you wanna see some crazy stuff take a look at quite possibly my favorite website:

http://www.beastskills.com/index.htm

Here is where I draw motivation for my madness.