The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

A real training atmosphere

from my journal, + a bit more:
    It trully is incredible lifting in a gym with real athletes, not just my fellow weightlifters, but even the runners and other athletes... ever seen a 100 pound gymnast playing with a 132 power clean? and she looked just as determined and fierce as any one of us.

But its really amazing, Im in a gym with a Commonwealth Games gold medal winner. 2 130 pounds squatting a deeeep 242 and more for 5 reps+. Two bigger guys who are just incredibley powerful and great mentors, theyl always look at me, and answer any questions. Not to mention a female cyclist with thighs that could break concrete cleaning, jerking and snatching with the best of us.

When someon goes for a heavy lift, everyone will stop and support, and cheer, the atmosphere is amazing. I am so inspired by it, and not to mention theres an incredible coach running the place.

The gym itself is awesome, the full kit, dumbells from 250 grams to 75kg/165lbs, benches, squats racks, real flooring, I dont think Ive seen so many plates. About 12 Oly platforms all with moveable racks, bars and rubber plates for each one.

Im here to stay... and Im here to go far.

SO WBB... who here is privileged to lift in a real atmosphere surrounded by real athletes... I am the weakest there by a looooong shot. This is a better place to be then a commercial gym trying not stab someone witha bar for curling in the only rack... now ive got 20+ to choose from
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I lift alone, with the support (sometimes) of my gf or one or more cats. So I envy you, although at this point in my life I wouldn't trade with you.

Wannabebig Member
    Though not the same kind of enviroment as you, the commercial gym I'm in does sort of seem like that. All the way from the powerlifters to the high school softball girls and the cardio bunnies. At this place it seems the effort is acknowledged. I've noticed that the regulars wont even bother acknowledging you exist till you've been going awhile, then they start talking and giving tips, etc. My first few weeks there I kind of felt like an outsider, now its like a second home and somewhere I can't wait to go after work.