The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebi's training

Sebi's training

My current plan is in this journal on page 7.
    Last edited by Sebi; 03-24-2002 at 10:29 PM.
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Let me be the first to your journal.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

I have question for you.. Why train calves on a separate day than legs? Any specific reason for it?

Does 5 days of lifting a week not wipe you out?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

that is a Sh!t load of rows & chins/pulldowns and a sh!t load of sets to match!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Do you train to failure?? Or do you just shoot for a rep range and then stop??
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Sorry to clutter you log up but....

What are you stats? How much do you weigh? How tall are u?

Just curious why you assisted chins and pullups. I find it hard to believe with your size that you cant do them by yourself. Not that I DONT believe you I just find it weird
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

This is in KG's correct??
    Height - 5'10"

*slaps eric about with a large trout*

Don't be silly you moron buggarlugs. you think he's gonna do leg extentions with 168kg?!

you probably are, but just to be sure, tell us which ones of the above are warm up sets and which are work sets.

Yes, i'd say you pretty much are.

I do 5 sets for thighs aimed more towards quads, and 2 sets for thighs geared more towards hamstrings and lower back.

and 4 sets for calves. that is all.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    *slaps eric about with a large trout*

Don't be silly you moron buggarlugs. you think he's gonna do leg extentions with 168kg?!
    Hey I just remembered him saying all his lifts were in KG's and he had a handy conversion link in his sig.....
    Height - 5'10"

Re: 2/27/2002

Comments marked by ***

Originally posted by Sebi
    Wednesday - Legs
    Start: 11:10
    Finish: 12:50

Warmup: ski 6min lv 16of?

Smith Squat
    165 x 10 wup
    231 x 8
    231 x 10
    254 x 8
    231 x 8
    ********looks fine

Lever Seated Leg Press
    203 x 10
    216 x 10
    227 x 10
    227 x 10
    ********May want to just ditch these

Lever Seated Leg Curl
    119 x 10 wup
    143 x 10
    154 x 8
    168 x 6
    168 x 6
    168 x 6
    *******these are cool, i would cut bach the # of sets though to 3

BB Good-morning *tried the first time
    44 x 10 wup
    110 x 10
    *********if you like these keep them in and replace with the leg curl

BB Deadlift *tried the first time
    110 x 8 wup
    176 x 6
    176 x 6
    176 x 6
    ********may want to move these to back day?? or just cut them out , seems like 2 heavy compund movements in the same day is much.

DB Glute-Ham Raise *tried the first time
    BW x 10 wup
    44 x 4
    ********great exercise, can keep a couple of sets in but maybe to much for you hammys???

Lever Leg Extension
    168 x 6
    168 x 6
    168 x 6
    168 x 6
    ********these are cool, but i would cut the sets back

DB Lunge
    35 x 6
    35 x 6
    ********more hanstring work here, i know my hams would be fried by now....may want to cut them out

********overall you have great movements just too many.

Rating: good

Any comments are welcome.
    Height - 5'10"

Too many sets!

I do 4-5 for chest.

Too many sets!
    Agree. I would tone it down to something like this:

DB FLAT BENCH PRESS: couple warmups(10reps), intermediate(10reps), and 1-2 heavy max sets (6reps)

DB INCLINES: (only since it seems as though you like them, dont need em really) couple of work sets (already warm from the flat bench)

FRONT RAISES and LATERAL RAISES or some type of overhead pressing movement: 1 warmup, + 2 heavier sets

DB FLYES: 3sets is cool

PULLOVERS (if you wish)

**Just a note, if things are progressing with what you have than thats cool. Just seems that with this many sets, and if you give it your all in each movement, you would have to be carted out of the gym.
    Height - 5'10"

I was just checking out your progress pictures over 6 months and thought that I would check to see if you had a journal.

Considering the size you put on in relatively short period of time, you must be eating a lot.

However I am not surprised at how you have got your definition considering the number of sets you do.

What is your diet like?
    Would you be able to put this in for us?

Thanks that would be interesting.

decease, RIP
    Your squat is much stronger then deadlift and bench, do you squat all the way down?

Wow, so you lift 5 days a week plus all those damn sets? That's overdoing it in my book. But, if you are getting results then stick with it.

It's possible. I did nearly that much in my days of crappier form(Probably around 330lbs or so for 10-12 reps)

BTW, seems like a huge freakin' amount of volume. But I saw your pictures so I ain't gonna say sh*t. Obviously, it's working. Some people really respond to high volume(I'd say they're the exceptions, though) One of the biggest and easily the best proportioned guy at my gym does an insane amount of volume. I asked him what he did for back one time and here was his response:
    36 sets lat-pulldown
    15 sets machine row
    15 sets cable row
    10 sets chins
    15 sets reverse pec-dec

He swears that he never really started growing until he started using crazy volume and that he's tried just about everything(HIT, etc) He also claims he's natural, and for reasons I won't go into here, I believe him. If he is totally natural, he could probably win the Olympia in a year or two if he starting using steroids. But I digress...

Out of curiousity have you ever tried low-volume?
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-01-2002 at 10:53 PM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Damn thats too much volume bro! I would lower it down significantly.

Nice abs Sebi. Good cuts!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Sebi-
    Looking good bro. Nice cuts. Hope to get shredded like you in about a month or so.

Sebi - what is "shabu-shabu"?

I used to look like you in proportions and definition for many years, but I found that from doing high volume training that over time, I was making limited progress, I since stopped and shifted to low volume. bye bye abs oh well. I just want some decent size now before I go back to having any definition and winter is just around the corner so its all attention on food!

Did you cut at all or just try to stay lean throughout the 6 months ?

Shabu shabu's the shiiiiittt!

I prefer the sesame sauce myself to dip the beef in. throw in a few mochi balls. mm mm starchy goodness!

Don't eat the yellow snow