The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Stubborn chest fat.

Hi guys and gals, I have been working out for about 22 months straight. I started out with a buddy who knew some stuff but not a lot, so I was gaining but not at the rate I wanted, so I hired a personal trainer. For the last 13 months I have been on a good routine and then a few months ago I switched it up again. My only problem is this stubborn chest fat that won't go away, I have had gains in every other part of my body. It isn't a huge problem but compared to the rest of my body it isn't noticeable, they aren't quite "man boobs" but they are border line and I would really like to get rid of them.

I did some internet searching and came across this site losemanboobs.com - I was wondering if anyone here has tried or can vouch for this site and if this or a similar program would work for stubborn chest fat.

I have tried bench, incline, twist incline, decline, cable crossovers, cable up from under, push ups, medecine ball push ups, flat bench db press.. among others and nothing has worked, my chest stays fairly similar while the rest of my body slowly advances.

Any and all information is appreciated, thank you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What is your diet and routine like?

Post your diet/routine and we can help you go from there. Then save your money and get rid of your personal trainer.

If you have extra fat, no matter where it is on your body, all you need to do is diet down; drop 500 calories off your diet while keeping protein high.

But I wouldn't do this unless I were happy with the amount of muscle I had, because I believe it is hard to gain any muscle on a cut.
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin View Post
    Hi guys and gals, I have been working out for about 22 months straight. I started out with a buddy who knew some stuff but not a lot, so I was gaining but not at the rate I wanted, so I hired a personal trainer. For the last 13 months I have been on a good routine and then a few months ago I switched it up again. My only problem is this stubborn chest fat that won't go away, I have had gains in every other part of my body. It isn't a huge problem but compared to the rest of my body it isn't noticeable, they aren't quite "man boobs" but they are border line and I would really like to get rid of them.
    I did some internet searching and came across this site losemanboobs.com - I was wondering if anyone here has tried or can vouch for this site and if this or a similar program would work for stubborn chest fat.

I have tried bench, incline, twist incline, decline, cable crossovers, cable up from under, push ups, medecine ball push ups, flat bench db press.. among others and nothing has worked, my chest stays fairly similar while the rest of my body slowly advances.

Any and all information is appreciated, thank you.
    You probably dont want to workout for 22 months straight. Have you considered taking a week off?

There is no movement to lose your man boobs. You can only develop muscle throughout your chest region. Any extra fat in a certain area will come off through reduction in calories-and where you lose fat is determined by your genetics.

Maybe you just need a cut. But, its hard to say because we would need to know your bf %, your stats, etc etc.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Ok my routine is all 4 sets with 8-12 reps, going to failure each time, flat bench DB press, incline DB twist, cable crossovers, and cable up from under, my finisher right now is medicine ball push ups 1-2 sets right to failure.

This is currently what I am on, by 22 months straight I have taken breaks in between maybe even up to a week (although not always on purpose) I am not a huge body builder I just want definition and some size, and overall just to be in better shape.

My diet is all over, I stay away from all fast food, I do eat some high salt foods like canned soups, I am a student so I do not really have the budget for a strict diet. I eat a lot of meat, but I also do eat a lot of fresh fruit, at least a few apples or oranges a day. I am currently not on any weight gain supplements or protein shakes (again see budget) but plan to get back on the train once I am working full time for the summer. If anyone could reccomend a relatively cheap diet plan to follow (by cheap I mean on par with the generic food) for body building I would greatly appreciate that.

I am 23 years old, 6"2 currently 180, I started out at abut 160-165 and dropped down to 155 before my bulk started adding on. Every pound for me is a battle, I am sure lots of people up here can attest to that. That is another reason why this chest fat is so annoying because I have always been a relatively skinny guy besides in that area. The good news is that this area hasn't grown with the others but it also hasn't really developed, thus why I am here.

What else do you guys/gals need to know?
    Last edited by Shin; 04-26-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Anyone?

It is all diet. Eating clean is cheap. Read up on the diet forum. Oats, whey, cottage cheese, chicken, tuna, eggs, milk are all cheap and can be bought in bulk. Your routine also sounds pretty bad. I would scrap that and start over with far less volume and not going to failure nearly as often.
    Nick V