The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Ok I read in a articale that you eat a lot of good foods and you lift heavy and......

Ok so I ate good then I lost wieght. I have had to stick at the same wieght for squats only for like 2 months because it was hard for me to learn them. Max now is 135 pounds total parellel. Anyway, so if you eat all good foods AND like some bad foods with them (breyers ice cream. I assume you will gain fat,but at the same time mass. I am having to go down a pants size. This is good,but it wasn't really my goal. I am now lifting 145 on bench.

1.) I must not be eating enough good foods.
    I have one cheat day saturday.
    The rest of the week consist of protien shakes, almond butter, turkey sandwiches,fruit, veggies(no dressing) and similar stuff

or 2.)
    I'm being paraniod about my forms. I have had ten pro-squaters,benchers,sit-up people etc ALL check my form. They say it is good. I wear a belt when I squat. I have not been moving up in arms(curling 40 on each side three sets of ten because I want my calves to catch up).

So is it time to stop thinking whether my form is good? Is it time to move up?
    Like I said, guys who squat 300 pounds parellel ALL say my form is good.

Should I eat bad food(I highly doubt it cause that would make no sense),

I read the artical btw

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Engineer, what exactly constitutes "a lot of good foods" to you? If you're convinced that you're eating a ton, but you're LOSING weight, something doesn't add up here. Have you opened a www.fitday.com account yet? If you haven't, go there and open one up - track everything you eat for a week or two, and if you're getting the same amount of calories daily (oh, say 3000) and not growing, then you know what you need to do. Add 300 calories to that number and track again for a week. If you're still not gaining weight, add another 300. It isn't rocket science, but it does require dedication.
    Last edited by McIrish; 04-28-2007 at 08:10 PM.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Squatting in the Curl Rack
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post

Track your calories. If you don't gain weight, eat more.

Could you simplify that a bit, please?

Ok so eat more calories per day. Does this mean include food like ice cream with the good? I am eating a crap load of good foods. The only muscle I don't work out is my shoulders. Will that make my bench and squat better???

Squatting in the Curl Rack
    Quote Originally Posted by future_engineer View Post
    Ok so eat more calories per day. Does this mean include food like ice cream with the good? I am eating a crap load of good foods.
    It depends. The first step is to quantify "crap load." Think of it as an engineering problem. You're trying to design a diet for a specific result. The parameters you want to track and control include protein grams, carb grams, fat grams, and total calories. Have you read the article listed in Built's sig titled "Please read before asking about diet..."? That'll give you the basics of setting up dietary parameters.

The only muscle I don't work out is my shoulders. Will that make my bench and squat better???
    Maybe. My bench went up some when I added overhead pressing. WHy aren't you working your shoulders now?

What exactly are "sit-up people"?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    What exactly are "sit-up people"?
    :withstupi
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

The only muscle I don't work out is my shoulders. Will that make my bench and squat better???
    Why don't you work out your shoulders? You should work out every muscle. And yes, stronger shoulders will help with your bench.