The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Squat slowly improving :)

Cuban Rotations?

Well, after doing a search to see if i could do anything to help strengthen my rotator cuffs, both of which i hurt a few years ago, they still pop and make noises and hurt if i do certain things, i found Cuban rotations. Actually, just doing the movement of Cuban rotations induces a pop in my right shoulder.

Anywho, I read that this can improve rotator cuff strength, and bench strength in addition. Has anyone tried this with success in RC/shoulder strengthening or bench gains?

Also, i was curious as to when i should put this into my routine, should I do it at the end of bench day (i'm doing BGB to try and build overall strength atm) or as an accessory on shoulder day. I'm asking in this forum to gain the opinions of the bench experts.
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Two things I do for my rotator cuffs include Muscle Snatches and Seated DB Cleans. Both are done very slowly and precisely. They destroy the upper back as well, but since implementing them into my split, I have found my shoulders don't give me near as much trouble. I do all my RC work at the end of the workout, though I make sure to warmup pretty good before doing any pressing work.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Thanks alot chubrock. Could you tell me what muscle snatches are? lol

I got the idea for both from this article:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/up..._the_bench.htm

He explains it better than I can. Both lifts (muscle snatch, seated DB cleans) are designed to hit the upper back, but in doing so, I really felt like my RC get worked quite nicely. Give em' a shot. You might decide to keep them, or you might scrap them.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Having swum for 15 years, I'm pretty familiar with RC injuries as they are the most common injury for swimmers.

The link below provides some good exercises:
    http://www.orthoassociates.com/shoulder1.htm

You need an elastic band, and doing "Internal Rotations" and "External Rotations", 2x12 reps for each arm, for both exercises, has helped me A LOT when I had shoulder injuries. It takes about 5 minutes, do it 3 times a week, and I can almost guarantee within 1 month you'll see a major improvement.
    6'2 - 194lbs @ 10.4%BF (August 08, 2007)

Goal: 205lbs @ 11%BF (December 21, 2007)

I love you guys. haha I appreciate the help.

Cuban rotations apparently hit external rotators pretty hard, so perhaps i'll try a mix of cuban's along with something that hits the internal rot's. I still have to click on the link to check muscle snatches and such, so i'll check that out. Again, appreciate the help fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Talking_God View Post
    Cuban rotations apparently hit external rotators pretty hard, so perhaps i'll try a mix of cuban's along with something that hits the internal rot's.
    Well my theory is, if it's Cuban, it should be good. I mean, Rum is good.....Cigars are good.....so why not rotations??

Good point Tommy.

And I tried them today after my bench day. I must've royally ****ed up my shoulders, because an ez bar with 2 and a halfs on each side, 2 sets of 12 reps KILLED me (i do this set/rep scheme because that's what was outlined in the article i read). I was embarassed to have done that lol. Set a bench and Mil press PR though, so i was pleased overall lol