Page 114 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 6472

Thread: a Westside n00b's journey

Hey, gonna download the pics now onto my computer and will have them up in an hour or so...

Oh, and I they have a place for kids at dynabody so I can bring Lauren...so I will definitely join....they are closed saturday for the 4th and also closed on sundays...so sometime next week I will go up with you.

Also, the membership is 30 something for the hours they are open or 40 something if you want a key and then you can go even when they are closed. I think one of us should get the 40 something...want me ,you , and vikki to flip for it...lol.. anyway the guy was nice and will let me do one workout for free to see if I like it.....which I will because I trust your judgement and anywhere you and Vikki go I am going.

Lones squatting off of foam pad.....got two dudes to spot for him since just me there....dude in the black shirt was hot too! Should have videotaped from the other angle. LOL....

Video
    Last edited by Donnajo; 07-02-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Lones' insane rack pulls after doing all that squatting....think you were trying to kill yourself today! Way to spend your last day at the RUSH!

Notice all our crap laying on the floor to the left because we can't use our bags....what really sucked is we saw three other people with bags and no one bothered them....I think they hate us powerlfiters in their pansy gym.

Video
    Last edited by Donnajo; 07-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Louie has met Lones and watched him lift in competition.

I've kinda indicated to Lones what numbers would be most beneficial for him to have hit or be close to hitting by the time he gets to OSU

I've also discussed what Lones plans were with Lou.

Biggest thing Louie looks for is potential. He likes guys that are quiet, do what they are told and work very hard.

We've had tons of guys come through the gym that have lied about their numbers, don't like to work as hard as we do, or just would rather tell Greg Panora how to squat than actually squat. they do not last long.

Well you just described Lones here....he will do great there!
    Last edited by Donnajo; 07-02-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Great numbers lately Lones. Awesome job.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Thanks for posting those videos Donna.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Great numbers lately Lones. Awesome job.
    Thanks man, I've been working hard!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

nice looking squat lones. Do you bring that foam pad in every time? lOl

Looks like I won't be able to train until Tuesday. Tomorrow Vikki insists she figure out an opener at the commercial gym, so I'll go hand off to her and thats it. I'm not lifting there, I hate the place. I wanted to get back in the shirt this week but its not going to happen

Also my workout schedule is going to change. I got an offer to start squatting heavy on Tuesdays at a place called Iron Chain, its about the same distance away as Cell Block.

I got signed up to Dynabody today so everything looks good for that, I'll train there for the first time Thursday and bench heavy, hopefully getting in my shirt. Might work a 2 board a little bit and then take my last set to a 1 board. I'm expecting my training partners to come in and help me.

They have a meet Saturday an hour and a half away, so that kills my training for that day.

Hopefully after all this stuff is over with my training will be back in order. I hate not having my training in order.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

That is one big ass foam pad! Nice squat.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    That is one big ass foam pad! Nice squat.
    Haha yes it is. Made it for about $4. Even the box underneath the foam pad was a plyo box which is thick foam, so it was starting to sink a bit with the heavier weights.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Always listening & learnin lil' power's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    Looks like I won't be able to train until Tuesday. Tomorrow Vikki insists she figure out an opener at the commercial gym, so I'll go hand off to her and thats it. I'm not lifting there, I hate the place. I wanted to get back in the shirt this week but its not going to happen

Might work a 2 board a little bit and then take my last set to a 1 board. I'm expecting my training partners to come in and help me.

They have a meet Saturday an hour and a half away, so that kills my training for that day.

Hopefully after all this stuff is over with my training will be back in order. I hate not having my training in order.
    pfffttt, that's what training partners are for. Don't make these guys think we're doing your training in young'in.

Besides you really are the best handoff guy around.

We're moving gyms for you too, to help you with your Westside goal. We can go anytime on Sunday, once I get the keycard to Dynabody this week.
    RAW/165's/ 365-215-360-940 ttl -Elite
    Single Ply/ 165's / 450-325-380 - 1155 ttl -Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lil' power View Post
    pfffttt, that's what training partners are for. Don't make these guys think we're doing your training in young'in.

Besides you really are the best handoff guy around.

We're moving gyms for you too, to help you with your Westside goal. We can go anytime on Sunday, once I get the keycard to Dynabody this week.
    Its not you, its the combination of all this gym crap

Ready yourself for pure hell though, I'm dropping the hammer once I walk in through those gym doors
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Also my workout schedule is going to change. I got an offer to start squatting heavy on Tuesdays at a place called Iron Chain, its about the same distance away as Cell Block.

I got signed up to Dynabody today so everything looks good for that, I'll train there for the first time Thursday and bench heavy, hopefully getting in my shirt. Might work a 2 board a little bit and then take my last set to a 1 board. I'm expecting my training partners to come in and help me.

Oh, poor baby... . And I suppose Vikki and I don't do anything out of our way for you. Who drove to Nashville to film your lifts and cheer for you at a certain meet not to long ago?.... Quit your bitching and just go squat!.
    Last edited by Donnajo; 07-04-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnajo View Post
    Oh, poor baby... . And I suppose Vikki and I don't do anything out of our way for you. Who drove to Nashville to film your lifts and cheer for you at a certain meet not to long ago?.... Quit your bitching and just go squat!.
    You're right, its me bitching all the time
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

You're right, its me bitching all the time
    Who me? I NEVER bitch!
    Last edited by Donnajo; 07-04-2009 at 10:39 AM.

There is not enough lifting going on in here.

Awesome news about dropping the gym, I'm suprised that people would hassle someone so much over trivial crap. That foam sqaut looked BRUTAL, I have to try some

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    There is not enough lifting going on in here.

Awesome news about dropping the gym, I'm suprised that people would hassle someone so much over trivial crap. That foam sqaut looked BRUTAL, I have to try some
    You're right. And yes, it sucks. It was made out of some old couch pillows, so there was a bunch of give to it. The one I'm used to squatting on is pretty stiff, usually takes me 315 to hit the box. I was hitting the box with a plate on the one I made.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Whats the difference between squats with foam and puase box squats?

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    Whats the difference between squats with foam and puase box squats?
    Well, the foam you sink down into. It makes it harder to get up out of the hole.

With paused box squats, I guess you'd just pause on the box and then squat up like normal.

Its something to throw in for a change, it will help you with strength out of the hole. Its hard.

Pause box squats and foam squats will work on close to the same thing though. They'll both make you stronger out of the hole.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I would think they would do the same thing though. Doesnt the foam sort of make you relax you hips like a pause squat? I guess ill just have to try them out because they do look pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    I would think they would do the same thing though. Doesnt the foam sort of make you relax you hips like a pause squat? I guess ill just have to try them out because they do look pretty tough.
    They're similar. Its not something I really put much thought into. There are probably 50 different calculations that tell which formula produces the greatest velocity x the density of the foam etc etc, haha

I just do it because someone much stronger than me told me to
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

ME squat @ Iron Chain Barbell

BW: 306

*warmup*

Free squats, straight bar, straight weight:
    bar x 3
    150 x 3
    *briefs & belt*
    260 x 3
    350 x 2
    440 x 2
    *suit bottoms*
    490 x 2
    530 x 2
    530 x 2

Static holds:
    615 x 10 seconds
    660 x 10 seconds

Reverse hypers:
    2 plates x 10
    4 plates x 10
    6 plates x 10
    6 plates x 10

Hip sled (think wall squats with weight):
    sled x 8
    2 plates x 8
    4 plates x 8

*supersetted with*

Hangman abs, green x 3 x 12

Holy God. We were done in just over an hour with 6 people squatting. This was my first session at this gym, it went pretty well. I doubled twice 15 pound more than what I opened with at my last meet, with my straps down and no wraps.

Form was on, Beaty said I looked good. Hadn't had a weight on my back since last Thursday. No air conditioning, lots of fans, but damn I need to drink more water. I drank a gallon during/after that session.

There was a view of a real big valley when you were squatting, it was pretty cool. The guy who owns the place propped a GHR up on a barbell in a power rack to where the bottom of the GHR was at about a 60 degree angle towards the floor. I did one, felt chicken in the bottom of my throat and got off. The guy is a crazy bastard

This is where I'll be doing my max effort work for the next 5 weeks, Beaty wants me there to help him since no one really knows how he likes all of his equipment there. This will last until the ProAm, then I'll probably go to every other week or something.

Josh trains a bit different, he doesn't use bands as much as Brent, but other than that it was a pretty standard session. He was training a group of high school football kids when I got there, flipping tires, prowler, sprints, bout made me throw up just watching.

Got some RESULTS in waiting for me when I came home, haven't taken this stuff since before the Iron Man, so hopefully I'll notice a difference like I have in the past
    Last edited by Lones Green; 07-08-2009 at 03:42 AM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Very nice skwats. The GHR on the BB sounds crazy!

solid workout again man