Page 14 of 259 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: a Westside n00b's journey

All ya'll fatties in here throwin around big weights. I hate you all!

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    thanks dudes. im not planning on abandoning my goals of moving as much weight as possible, then some.
    Good. Because I would've drove all the way to Knoxville to smack some sense into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    304, your a big boy man, how is your bodyfat?
    F**k! Who cares....he's a SHW!
    i have a gut as well and a good amount of fat on the side of my legs and lower back, but i dont really care, haha.
    Yup, who cares!
    haha, thats the attitude. my lower back isn't too bad, i have to use it a lot at work. the only place i have a good amount of fat is the gut & hips. my leg genetics are nice, not too much fat, big quads, big calves.
    Fat Gut = Big numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I love you too little man!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    dude, pizza buffet!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

dynamic bench-ish

DE decline, close grip, minis anchored by DB's:
    bar x 10
    135 x 3 x 2
    185 x 3 x 2
    225 x 2 x 2

clean & press:
    bar x 5
    95 x 2 x 3
    135 x 3 x 3
    155 x 2 x 3

had to lay down after these, first time i've done an actual clean and press combined.

JM press on hammer strength machine:
    2 plates x 6
    4 plates x 6
    6 plates x 6
    8 plates x 6

pushdowns + mini around neck:
    30 x 6
    50 x 6
    80 x 6

hammer curls (i dont wanna hear it)
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

JM press on hammer strength machine:
    2 plates x 6
    4 plates x 6
    6 plates x 6
    8 plates x 6
    You saw Dave Tate doing these, didn't you. Nice benching brother.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    You saw Dave Tate doing these, didn't you. Nice benching brother.
    yessir.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Nice clean and press man, one of my favorite lifts. They will add to your strength like no other though. Keep it up man.
    Bench:---265--------305
    Dead: ---435--------455
    Squat:---355--------415
    The closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jroddy3 View Post
    Nice clean and press man, one of my favorite lifts. They will add to your strength like no other though. Keep it up man.
    thanks dude, but olympic lifting is definetely not for me.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

also, if anyone wants to take a peek at this, this is hopefully gonna be my first meet:

http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/contest.php?id=10

they allow metal suits in multi ply. i was wanting to buy a v-type, but is this single or double ply? i want to buy this pretty soon so i can learn the groove of it before my meet. TOMMY, HELP. also, do you think it'd be possible for me to get down to 242? the southern powerlifting isn't too anal about this, if i say i'm going to 242 and i don't make weight it's cool for me to go to 259. would i need to use a diuretic? i think if i got down to 242, maybe with built's help, i could rip it up. who knows what i could squat once i learned that suit. any input you guys have will be GREATLY appreciated.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

also, if anyone wants to take a peek at this, this is hopefully gonna be my first meet:

http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/contest.php?id=10

they allow metal suits in multi ply. i was wanting to buy a v-type, but is this single or double ply? i want to buy this pretty soon so i can learn the groove of it before my meet. TOMMY, HELP. also, do you think it'd be possible for me to get down to 242? the southern powerlifting isn't too anal about this, if i say i'm going to 242 and i don't make weight it's cool for me to go to 259. would i need to use a diuretic? i think if i got down to 242, maybe with built's help, i could rip it up. who knows what i could squat once i learned that suit. any input you guys have will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Go for it lones! DOn't bother with a diuretic, they're a little bit risky. Try and get to roughly 270 or so on your own, then a few days out, cut the water (if there's a 24hr weigh-in). Here's a link to how Matt K drops his weight http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-...=57713&tid=126. I was gonna do this, but my weigh-in is only 2 hours before my competition, so it's pointless. Also, you need to decide which suit to get. The Metal V-type is a single ply suit. It's good, but they allow multi-ply. If you're hardcore like me, then I'd recommend the metal pro squatter (it's a 2ply, good for wide squats and sumo pulls).

Let me know what you think.

Go for it lones! DOn't bother with a diuretic, they're a little bit risky. Try and get to roughly 270 or so on your own, then a few days out, cut the water (if there's a 24hr weigh-in). Here's a link to how Matt K drops his weight http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-...=57713&tid=126. I was gonna do this, but my weigh-in is only 2 hours before my competition, so it's pointless. Also, you need to decide which suit to get. The Metal V-type is a single ply suit. It's good, but they allow multi-ply. If you're hardcore like me, then I'd recommend the metal pro squatter (it's a 2ply, good for wide squats and sumo pulls).

Let me know what you think.
    thanks for that article dude, matt k is one of my favorite guys to listen to and watch train. i guess i could go on to the pro squatter, the only thing is i'm wondering if that would be a good idea seeing as how i've never worked with any gear before. is there really that much difference in them? how much longer would it take me to get the groove of the pro squatter? i'd be content with a single ply suit, but if you think i'd be okay starting off with a multi ply suit, i reckon i can give it a try. i'm not sure if they allow metal single ply suits anyway, the founder said in an email "we allow metal multi ply suits." i'm not to worried about the weight, i think i can get down to 270 by myself, maybe with built's help, and hanging out in layers of sweatshirts and pants i can handle. gaining it back will of course be a breeze. if worst comes to worst i can ask built for help, getting to 270 shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

thanks for that article dude, matt k is one of my favorite guys to listen to and watch train. i guess i could go on to the pro squatter, the only thing is i'm wondering if that would be a good idea seeing as how i've never worked with any gear before. is there really that much difference in them? how much longer would it take me to get the groove of the pro squatter? i'd be content with a single ply suit, but if you think i'd be okay starting off with a multi ply suit, i reckon i can give it a try. i'm not sure if they allow metal single ply suits anyway, the founder said in an email "we allow metal multi ply suits." i'm not to worried about the weight, i think i can get down to 270 by myself, maybe with built's help, and hanging out in layers of sweatshirts and pants i can handle. gaining it back will of course be a breeze. if worst comes to worst i can ask built for help, getting to 270 shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
    Honestly, the metal single plys are quite badass. I started with a metal single ply, then went single w/ briefs. I have yet to go double ply. So honestly, it's your call man. If you get a single ply, you can use it in any fed. If you go double ply, then you're restricted to certain feds. Bottom line, go with Metal.

Honestly, the metal single plys are quite badass. I started with a metal single ply, then went single w/ briefs. I have yet to go double ply. So honestly, it's your call man. If you get a single ply, you can use it in any fed. If you go double ply, then you're restricted to certain feds. Bottom line, go with Metal.
    definetely going with metal. i think i'm just gonna stick with a single ply. it's gonna be hard enough getting used to a single ply suit, let alone a double. gonna order the v-type VERY soon. one more question bro, about my diet. i was thinking (i have no experience with this, this is why im asking you) keep everything the same until november. (maybe cut out a few reese cups) and to lose weight the entire month of november eat less and less, seeing what calorie range i have to eat in to lose weight, supplementing with caffeine. maybe a week before start cutting harder, upping caffeine, then basically doing what matt K does in that article. if i might 259 i won't be upset, but i want to make 242 really bad.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

definetely going with metal. i think i'm just gonna stick with a single ply. it's gonna be hard enough getting used to a single ply suit, let alone a double. gonna order the v-type VERY soon. one more question bro, about my diet. i was thinking (i have no experience with this, this is why im asking you) keep everything the same until november. (maybe cut out a few reese cups) and to lose weight the entire month of november eat less and less, seeing what calorie range i have to eat in to lose weight, supplementing with caffeine. maybe a week before start cutting harder, upping caffeine, then basically doing what matt K does in that article. if i might 259 i won't be upset, but i want to make 242 really bad.
    The Metal V-type is awesome. Good choice. Although I am no diet expert, I have gone from 355 to 300 and 305 to 260 using a good thermo (3x per day) good eating (lean meat, moderate carbs, not some much junk food). You need to get to roughly 265-270 if you're gonna drop the weight overnight. You don't wanna have to fight much more weight than that. So I'd suggest starting the weight loss now, by adjusting your diet, maybe 2-3 light cardio sessions per week, and a good thermo. Then see where you're at 2nd week november, then you can guage what else you need to do (hopefully nothing drastic).

The Metal V-type is awesome. Good choice. Although I am no diet expert, I have gone from 355 to 300 and 305 to 260 using a good thermo (3x per day) good eating (lean meat, moderate carbs, not some much junk food). You need to get to roughly 265-270 if you're gonna drop the weight overnight. You don't wanna have to fight much more weight than that. So I'd suggest starting the weight loss now, by adjusting your diet, maybe 2-3 light cardio sessions per week, and a good thermo. Then see where you're at 2nd week november, then you can guage what else you need to do (hopefully nothing drastic).
    aight cool. i've got a bottle of redline pills, i'll start taking those, and doing cardio a few times a week. i'll start posting my diet on here too, just so i can see how i'm doing. thanks for all your help dude.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Squats

squats, wide stance, parallel:
    bar x 10
    135 x 6
    245 x 6
    295 x 6
    335 x 5 (add belt)
    385 x 3 (add wraps)
    425 x 1
    450 x 1 (new PR)

the 450 felt good, i'm not sure what it is with me getting these new PR's lately, i think i was good for more weight too. i got some chucks and this made squatting feel a lot better. i think when i miss squats its more of a mental thing, me psyching myself out. i was feeling good this workout, calm and confident when i hit 450. if i get down to 242 and i hit over 510 in a single ply (ordering this monday) i will have the Tennessee record.

power squats:
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    425 x 5

did reverse hypers, calves, and cable wood chop abs. i'm trying to make every workout before my meet count. start using thermos today, and so far i've eaten turkey breast & 4 eggs with milk, an amazing protein bar with a banana, and a maximus shake. gonna eat less carbs as the day goes on. also, after 1.5 liters of water and post workout, i weighed 302.
    Last edited by Lones Green; 10-11-2007 at 09:51 AM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

sick squats man ill be ordering a 1 ply suit too as well, cept im hoping for well over 600 @ 242.

you will have 510+ no problem.

where are you strong on squats? i get stuck at the bottom my top end is rediculous.
    2000 or bust

sick squats man ill be ordering a 1 ply suit too as well, cept im hoping for well over 600 @ 242.

you will have 510+ no problem.

where are you strong on squats? i get stuck at the bottom my top end is rediculous.
    600 @ 242 would be badass. i really have no idea what to expect with this suit. i am the same way, if i get stuck, its at the bottom. once i hit the hole and get about 5 inches up from it it's no problem. the hardest part for me is just gonna be cutting all this weight, just ate 1/2 lb of turkey, water, and caffeine.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

aight cool. i've got a bottle of redline pills, i'll start taking those, and doing cardio a few times a week.
    Redline is powerful ****. That'll work well.
    thanks for all your help dude.
    Any time bro. Always willing to help out a fellow SHW.
    i got some chucks and this made squatting feel a lot better. i think when i miss squats its more of a mental thing, me psyching myself out. i was feeling good this workout, calm and confident when i hit 450. if i get down to 242 and i hit over 510 in a single ply (ordering this monday) i will have the Tennessee record.
    It's a mental thing for me too man. This is why I'm not squatting right now. I got no confidence in it. Sweet PR, 510 will be a smoke show in a metal suit.
    just ate 1/2 lb of turkey, water, and caffeine.
    Awesome.

Nice squat PR, good luckin losin the weight.

tommy- thanks dude, i can't wait to get in that suit

kev- thanks bro. gonna be a challenge.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

did 20 minutes of elliptical interval training tonight, plus dynamic & band stretching, and a lot of foam rolling. ive been doing decent with my diet, been eating a lot of white chili. i'm about to have 3 eggs, a huge bowl of white chili, a glass of milk, and a brownie now that i've done cardio for the day. i was 299 lbs after the cardio.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

tonights workout wasn't even worth talking about, did decline bench. what is worth talking about is me supersetting straight natty PB with cashews pre workout. pulls tomorrow, i feel good about doin em.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

pulls

sumo DL's off a small mat:
    135 x 6
    225 x 6
    275 x 6 (add belt)
    315 x 3
    365 x 1
    405 x 1 (matched PR)

DB rows:
    80's x 5
    100's x 5
    120's x 5

back extension:
    BW x 6
    +25 plate x 6
    +45 plate x 6

GHR:
    bw x 3 x 6

face pulls:
    100 x 6
    140 x 6
    180 x 6

did quite a bit of volume today, mostly because this hot mom was asking me about her SLDL form, and wanted to know some things that could help her do them. plus i'm taking 6 redline pills a day, and i feel like i could pull a forrest gump and just start running, and not stop for years. gonna take the dog out for a walk tonight. i'm only goin half way through the neighborhood, hopefully he won't lay down on me and make me carry him back home then.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

awesome lifting and your dog is the sh1t
    2000 or bust