Page 44 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 6472

Thread: a Westside n00b's journey

  1. #1076
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    i also heard what the weight was Vogelpohl hit last weekend. crazy s***. he will hit 1200 at the pro am, no doubt.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  2. #1077
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,617
    That is some strong squatting, man! I did choked blues and purples a couple weeks ago and I worked up to a single at 175. Squatting it wasn't hard, but getting the bar out of the rack, like you said, was hell! I couldn't even imagine doing that with 295 on the bar! Good work, man!


    Also, what is the point of doing Zercher squats? I'm not doubting their effectiveness; it's just that I've never tried them and would like to know more about them. Thanks, Lones!

  3. #1078
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    That is some strong squatting, man! I did choked blues and purples a couple weeks ago and I worked up to a single at 175. Squatting it wasn't hard, but getting the bar out of the rack, like you said, was hell! I couldn't even imagine doing that with 295 on the bar! Good work, man!


    Also, what is the point of doing Zercher squats? I'm not doubting their effectiveness; it's just that I've never tried them and would like to know more about them. Thanks, Lones!
    yeah the band tension was hell on the back.

    zerchers are kind of like front squats. louie and the guys at westside have seen great success with them building a bigger deadlift. they don't look it, but they work the back a lot because you are trying to keep from falling forward. the also hammer the posterior and groin. westside makes a harness for them, the are hell on your forearms as well. you can walk them out, do them from pins, or from the floor if you dare.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  4. #1079
    Lexen Xtreme
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    680
    Nice squattin' Lones! Purples and blues will add about 295 of tension at the top, 175 at the bottom. Blues and greens will be 340/205. Just general numbers, definitely not specific as will vary depending on band age, lifter height, etc. Too many consecutive weeks with bands is pretty rough on me, particulary hips.

  5. #1080
    Always listening & learnin lil' power's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,090
    Sorry about that ticket man!

    This week is almost over.....you'd better be sleeping, eating, and recovering these next 2 days.

    I won't be there on Sunday - MSF course this weekend

  6. #1081
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,617
    Hey, Lones, thanks for the quick response regarding Zercher squats. I appreciate your time, man!

  7. #1082
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by 275er View Post
    Nice squattin' Lones! Purples and blues will add about 295 of tension at the top, 175 at the bottom. Blues and greens will be 340/205. Just general numbers, definitely not specific as will vary depending on band age, lifter height, etc. Too many consecutive weeks with bands is pretty rough on me, particulary hips.
    yeah, the guys at cell block are going blue/blue the 2 weeks after we do blue/green. i will be resting up for the meet though, they are doing one in october. i am not looking forward to blue/green, haha
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  8. #1083
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by lil' power View Post
    Sorry about that ticket man!

    This week is almost over.....you'd better be sleeping, eating, and recovering these next 2 days.

    I won't be there on Sunday - MSF course this weekend
    cool, depending on how i feel i'm not sure what we'll do. if i feel okay i'll do something like reverse bands to work the lockout, but not too stressful. if i still feel like s*** i'll go DB bench for 5's or something.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  9. #1084
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    Hey, Lones, thanks for the quick response regarding Zercher squats. I appreciate your time, man!
    anytime man. let me know if you have any other questions.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  10. #1085
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    oh and those purples were pretty worn out, but the blues were brand new. my monolift height is 18 if that says anything to you about how big of a b**** those were to unrack!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  11. #1086
    Lexen Xtreme
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    680
    I'm at a monolift height of 18 as well, so I know what you're saying.

    And if I tell you that I saw a blue/blue/green last weekend, with even more weight on the bar than that tension, I think you'll figure out the rest.
    Last edited by Dave Schwab; 08-08-2008 at 12:58 PM.

  12. #1087
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by 275er View Post
    I'm at a monolift height of 18 as well, so I know what you're saying.

    And if I tell you that I saw a blue/blue/green last weekend, with even more weight on the bar than that tension, I think you'll figure out the rest.
    thats exactly what i heard from brent. he also said he insisted the bands were brand new. that is absolutley sick.

    in other news, i finally bought a new foam roller for home
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  13. #1088
    Getting stronger Donnajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chaos
    Posts
    1,173
    Hey lones, someone on another board asked me what chuck v rows are and I can't find a pic of them and not really sure how to explain them. Can you direct me to an example?

  14. #1089
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Djr...eature=related

    i usually just describe them as face pulls towards the belly
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  15. #1090
    Getting Better..... bigmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,016
    very nice squatting Lones. The most I ever did was 3 blues, but I think I only worked up to 1 plate bar weight. It felt awesome to feel you spine compress a good 3-4inches

  16. #1091
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
    very nice squatting Lones. The most I ever did was 3 blues, but I think I only worked up to 1 plate bar weight. It felt awesome to feel you spine compress a good 3-4inches
    3 blues per side? F***! thats over 700 at the top
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  17. #1092
    Getting Better..... bigmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,016
    yeah, maybe it was. I looked back and it was actually only a quarter per side, lol. Band tension is weird you know though. 700 band tension is much much different than 700 straight weight. But damn that **** was still heavy.

  18. #1093
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Heavy band tension is fun, but it can really kick your ass. I think you really have to use it in moderation and see how you recover.

    I have witnessed Bernor do over 700 bar weight for a few reps with two sets of blue bands. FREAKY!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  19. #1094
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    Heavy band tension is fun, but it can really kick your ass. I think you really have to use it in moderation and see how you recover.

    I have witnessed Bernor do over 700 bar weight for a few reps with two sets of blue bands. FREAKY!
    gah, i think i remember you talking about that in your log.

    and this is my first time doing a heavy band squat cycle. i deadlift next week then theres only 1 more week of it left. it really is kicking my ass. my back and knees are both very sore...good sores though.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  20. #1095
    Getting stronger Donnajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chaos
    Posts
    1,173
    Hey, what time tomorrow? I can workout anytime but would prefer to a bit earlier. Vicki won't be there because she has her motorcycle class.

  21. #1096
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnajo View Post
    Hey, what time tomorrow? I can workout anytime but would prefer to a bit earlier. Vicki won't be there because she has her motorcycle class.
    how early? dosent matter much to me
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  22. #1097
    Getting stronger Donnajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chaos
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    how early? dosent matter much to me
    11 or 12 would work for me. Hey check out what I just wrote in my journal.

  23. #1098
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnajo View Post
    11 or 12 would work for me. Hey check out what I just wrote in my journal.
    12 sounds good. i might have to set an alarm, haha. and thats great news. we'll see how your deadlift looks thursday. i think you'll be surprised
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  24. #1099
    Getting stronger Donnajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chaos
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    12 sounds good. i might have to set an alarm, haha. and thats great news. we'll see how your deadlift looks thursday. i think you'll be surprised

    12 works. See you then.

    I think I am going to rock the deadlift. I am feeling good and strong. My squats suprised me on thursday.

  25. #1100
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    ME bench

    stretching and junk

    DB floor press:
    40's x 8
    60's x 5
    75's x 3
    85's x 3
    95's x 3
    100's x 1

    power rack was taken by some guy doing quarter squats with 365 and knee wraps on. dude was squatting when i got there and i don't think he was done when we left.

    CSR, 3 x 10

    purple band pull aparts, 3 x 12

    seated chest press machine w/purple band:
    90 x 10
    135 x 10
    150 x 10

    20 min elliptical

    still taking it easy
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Similar Threads

  1. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  2. Westside Template Made Easy
    By Sensei in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 01:26 AM
  3. 2003: A Westside Odyssey
    By NateDogg in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 290
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:44 AM
  4. MonStar's Return to Westside
    By MonStar in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 01:04 PM
  5. Hard Work, Westside, and other ramblings
    By Paul Stagg in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-04-2002, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •