The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 51 of 259 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6472
    Best of Luck, lones.

I have had my best workouts when feasting up at cracker barrell pre workout!!

SFW MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
    Best of Luck, lones.

I have had my best workouts when feasting up at cracker barrell pre workout!!

SFW MAN!
    dude, its one of my rituals.

thanks for the support!!!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

BW: 301

heres my list for the day:
    -liter of pedialyte
    -muscle sandwich
    -1 gallon of gatorade
    -1 GU carb/recovery gel stuff
    -1 electrolyte/carb recovery drink in 1/2 L bottle of water
    -another 1/2 L bottle of water
    -8 fish oil caps, multi vitamin, 10 g BCAA's
    -2 ramen noodle packets w/extra salt
    -26 peices of pizza (small, buffet peices) & 3 glasses of powerade
    -bag of beef jerky
    -bottle of water
    -MAXIMUS shake
    -bottle of water
    -1 butterfinger
    -2 scoops Nitrean, 1 scoop waxy maize w/3 fish oil caps, 10 g BCAA's
    -Dinner: half rack of ribs, bbq chicken breast, loaded sweet potato, small bowl of chili with cheese & crackers, 2 rolls, 3 glasses of water and about 30 peanuts

and i plan to have a RESULTS shake and a MAXIMUS shake before retiring. don't ask about the BCAA's, i'm just kind of trying to use them.

that laxative messed with my system a bit...i've only had 2 small bowel movements after all that food. i have a feeling tomorrow at the meet i will rid myself of it

i'll snap a pic of the scale tonight
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-12-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Lexen Xtreme
    Holy calories! Nicely done. Good luck tomorrow Lones, and most of all, have fun and SFW!

Quote Originally Posted by 275er View Post
    Holy calories! Nicely done. Good luck tomorrow Lones, and most of all, have fun and SFW!
    much appreciated as always. it's time!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

**** me! 301! You fatass. I am proud. How's your stomach feel today? Now go hit some big numbers.

Banned
    LOL - I knew you had it in ya...

Nice work Lones! Welcome to the club of guys who cut for a meet but miss weighins barely LOL I did the same thing at the ProAm and just threw in the towel because I didn't care

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

lets just say i weighed myself this morning and i was 302. i then proceeded to have a bowel movement at cracker barrell, and weighed myself again at the meet and was 293. LOL!

the squats didn't go how i planned today at all, but deadlifts were okay. on squats, i missed my opener (475) because i didn't wait for the rack signal.

i came back on the 2nd attempt and hit it.

3rd attempt was 525, not even close, i'm not too sure what happened, but here's a list of excuses/possible factors:

1. the monolift pins were very wobbly, wasn't used to that
    2. my gear fit a lot looser than normal
    3. the weight cutting
    4. the warmups were a mess

who knows, and who wants to hear the excuses. i was arching way too hard (which i got rid of this after squatting at cell block for a few times, but it came back to haunt me). i'll let you guys look at the video and see what you think. the video looks as if it's way too much weight, but i've walked that weight all the way out of the rack and squatted it with no spotters, and walked it back to the pins.

deads went:

475- smoked
    515- got it, not too hard
    525- missed at lockout, looked like my grip gave out?

overall i had a good time, but the way the meet was run was a mess. as we were warming up for squats guys were not paying attention working the pins, and guys were jumping in when we were up to 315 wanting 135. there was only one monolift as well. met some good people, including a 22 yr old junior who was just short of a 790 squat on his 3rd attempt. he knew his gear very well and was dead on his attempts.

guess what i did is better than bombing, but i have a lot of work to do. college is just around the corner as well.

i will post the video when i get it uploaded.

thanks to all of you for your support, i couldn't have done it without you guys.

oh and this was a "fitness expo" so i got at least $50 worth of free samples and what not from various supplement companies. also won the best squat and deadlift in my age/weight class. i also busted a nice blood vessel in the bottom of my eye, and i look like i have leprosy in the face. this says success to me more than a stupid medal.

the guy who squatted big in my age/weight class missed a 550 pull. HOW DOES HE SQUAT SO HIGH WITH A PULL LIKE THAT?
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-13-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Great work Lones!!! Don't sweat it, you'll do better next time

this is why I come to the big meets. I may not always be a top contender, but the equipment is always spot on and the meet is always run smoothly. Get your training together and I'll see you in December

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Great work Lones!!! Don't sweat it, you'll do better next time

this is why I come to the big meets. I may not always be a top contender, but the equipment is always spot on and the meet is always run smoothly. Get your training together and I'll see you in December
    thats something i need to stick with myself. to be honest, the meet was a zoo. SPF meets are usually very legit and fun, but this one was a crazy. i've worked hard as hell on squats, and my form still sucks, but everything has to be spot on for me. i need guys who will scream at me and tell me what i'm doing wrong and doing right. i really need to start doing meets with cell block.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Lexen Xtreme
    Well good results anyways. Not quite what you were hoping for, but you had fun and can use it as a learning experience to get back at it. It's always difficult to stay ready and focused when a meet is run poorly, and it really sucks when guys are paying attention in the warm up room.

And how did you even flush that 9 pounder?

Well good results anyways. Not quite what you were hoping for, but you had fun and can use it as a learning experience to get back at it. It's always difficult to stay ready and focused when a meet is run poorly, and it really sucks when guys are paying attention in the warm up room.

And how did you even flush that 9 pounder?
    HAHA there was no warm up room! all warm ups were done on the platform

and to answer your question, it was not solid. LOL
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

i forgot to mention my buddy mark farris nailed the highest total in the 242open class in the USA. he squatted around 600, benched over 450, and deadlifted a monster 675. the guy is a beast, in or out of gear he is elite.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Lexen Xtreme
    In that case, how did you not flood the bathroom?
    Warming up on the platform sounds like a mess.

And I missed the busted blood vessel in the eye. That's awesome! I've not had that pleasure yet. And the guys that squat big but pull little typically have very good technique in their squat gear, although you'll also run across short, stocky guys who are built to squat but have short arms and/or small hands that inhibit the deadlift.
    Last edited by Dave Schwab; 09-13-2008 at 08:08 PM.

And I missed the busted blood vessel in the eye. That's awesome! I've not had that pleasure yet. And the guys that squat big but pull little typically have very good technique in their squat gear, although you'll also run across short, stocky guys who are built to squat but have short arms and/or small hands that don't inhibit the deadlift.
    yeah, this guy obviously had his gear mastered, it fit him perfect, and his technique was great. his 790 miss was no form issue, it was pure lack of strength to squat that...which is great!

i can only hope to be that strong in 2 years
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

And I missed the busted blood vessel in the eye. That's awesome! I've not had that pleasure yet. And the guys that squat big but pull little typically have very good technique in their squat gear, although you'll also run across short, stocky guys who are built to squat but have short arms and/or small hands that don't inhibit the deadlift.
    oh and if you are ever at a cracker barrell in Knoxville and theres 4 inches of standing water, you will know i graced the place with my presence.

also had hooters after the meet. back to the normal diet on monday.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Video

it'll take it a few minutes to process. no wonder my gear fit so loose, i look SKINNY in those!
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-13-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

didn't do as well as i'd hoped, but i guess i can't say i didn't work for it!

it takes 800+ for this to happen to most guys...what happens to ME when i get there?

never had busted blood vessels on the forehead either...its always been around the eyes for me
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-13-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Lexen Xtreme
    Did the judge forget to give you the rack command on that first squat? How long was he gonna make you stand there? Both of those 475 attempts looked good. It looks like you fell forward a bit on that last squat attempt when you unracked? And your deadlift form looks good. Your grip on left hand cost you that 3rd attempt, looked like you had it until lockout.

Banned
    Nice job skinny - chalk it up and get ready for the next one. 1-0-7 is proud of ya!

Hey, bud, nice job out there today! Sorry to hear that things did not go as well as you had hoped, but with your dedication and drive you have nowhere to go but up! I wish you luck for your next training cycle, bud. Tear it up!

Did the judge forget to give you the rack command on that first squat? How long was he gonna make you stand there? Both of those 475 attempts looked good. It looks like you fell forward a bit on that last squat attempt when you unracked? And your deadlift form looks good. Your grip on left hand cost you that 3rd attempt, looked like you had it until lockout.
    i don't know if he forgot or what, it should be as soon as the squat is up, the pins were even put in place. oh well. i still hit it, but it threw me off

that monolift is different that the one i am used to. the one at cell block's pins come down and are very stiff. the one at this meet you could push the weight back and forth 3 or 4 inches, as it stood in the pins. so when i setup, and got under the weight, i had to unrack it a bit forward, because the weight came forward when i got my body under the weight. i feel very unstable on that monolift, and would feel much better if i could get my setup and know i was under the bar, and not have to worry about it swinging.

the grip on the left hand is the hand i hook, and lately i've been having problems with my thumb slipping out from under my middle finger...i do not think this is a grip issue, as i've never had problems with grip before, my grip is very strong. i got to where i made sure i chalked the top of my thumb and my thumbnail, as well as making sure to get my entire middle finger, but i hadn't been doing it lately. i can't remember if it slipped out or not, but it looks like it did. just one more thing to put in the books to remember to do.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Nice job skinny - chalk it up and get ready for the next one. 1-0-7 is proud of ya!
    thanks man. like i said, not as well as i had hoped. a lot of factors, but i'll save anymore excuses.

i couldn't have done the weight loss without your help!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    Hey, bud, nice job out there today! Sorry to hear that things did not go as well as you had hoped, but with your dedication and drive you have nowhere to go but up! I wish you luck for your next training cycle, bud. Tear it up!
    my sentiments exactly. thanks for being such a nice dude!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com