Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retiring from powerlifting

I'm still wanting to see some clean vids of these crazy ass raw squats.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Exactly. People try to give you advice, but all they get is "Nah, that's not what I need. I know what I need."
    Dizenzo offered some advice and you're response is that he's ignorant? Jeebus, if you won't listen to people that have been lifting a lot longer than you've been alive, what the hell do you expect?
    Thanks, but afterall wtf do I know about lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post
    After alot of thought and discussion from others I think im going to retire my powerlifting career.

ok. good luck
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Thanks, but afterall wtf do I know about lifting?
    I mean't you were ignorant about my situation, im not doubting your ability or experience. I felt like everyone was having the impression that I didn't know what I was doing and all people cared to do was tell me stuff that I have already tried.

edit: Unless you can give me a general direction and not an open ended statement then I don't want to hear it. If you say try changing your routine you better give me an explanation of how and hear out what i've already tried and work with me.
    Last edited by Jinkies; 05-01-2007 at 08:19 PM.

I mean't you were ignorant about my situation, im not doubting your ability or experience. I felt like everyone was having the impression that I didn't know what I was doing and all people cared to do was tell me stuff that I have already tried.

edit: Unless you can give me a general direction and not an open ended statement then I don't want to hear it. If you say try changing your routine you better give me an explanation of how and hear out what i've already tried and work with me.
    Just take a break it's no big deal. You are 16 the weights will always be there. Go fishing or go chase some fat girls or something no big deal. Just work hard and have fun!
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Just keep swimming onecrazycowgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedang View Post
    Just take a break it's no big deal. You are 16 the weights will always be there. Go fishing or go chase some fat girls or something no big deal. Just work hard and have fun!

The fatties need love, too!
    Looking for a lifetime stand - One night at a time.

I felt like everyone was having the impression that I didn't know what I was doing and all people cared to do was tell me stuff that I have already tried.

Damn, why don't you stop being a jerk? People are trying to help you.

How about telling us what kind of routines, splits, templates, programs you've done, for how long, and the gains/results you had with them, and then we'll probably be able to suggest things that you find more constructive?
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Damn, why don't you stop being a jerk? People are trying to help you.

How about telling us what kind of routines, splits, templates, programs you've done, for how long, and the gains/results you had with them, and then we'll probably be able to suggest things that you find more constructive?

I have dealt with alot of bull**** with more than half of everything I posted, it seems majority of people are just trying to take a snag at me so when I see someone who I don't recognize post something I don't find helpfull I tend to get angry. If your really interested in helping me I will chart it all out and we can make steps but right now my interest is trying to win my first amateur fight

I have dealt with alot of bull**** with more than half of everything I posted, it seems majority of people are just trying to take a snag at me so when I see someone who I don't recognize post something I don't find helpfull I tend to get angry. If your really interested in helping me I will chart it all out and we can make steps but right now my interest is trying to win my first amateur fight

I personally hope you get knocked out. It'll bring your big ass ego back down to earth.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Yeah, chart it out.

Have you done Westside? It seems like an obvious-enough solution.

If your really interested in helping me I will chart it all out and we can make steps but right now my interest is trying to win my first amateur fight
    Regardless of whether anyone is going to help you or not, it would be a good first step towards improving your own training...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I don't have to give you a routine. That's why I post a journal. As far as I am concerned you are looking for attention. Look at me, I'm retiring, tell me to stop. I have been around a while and have accomplished a little in this sport I have also seen guys like you come and go and somehow the sport rolls on.

PoutineEh
    sounds like you could use a long break from lifting weights in general. sounds like you are overtrained badly which have put you in a bad state of mind.

Jinkies, if you want to avoid all of the injuries and so on, all you need do is train with stricter form and use less weight. There is no need to go balls to the wall every time you train.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

One thing that no one has mentionned yet is that it sounds like you're treating powerlifting as concentrating on only the three lifts. That all your training should be geared to them...

I think that one major reason you're probably facing alot of injuries is that you're avoiding all other exercise like the plague. Go for a run, go box, whatever... Get yourself in shape. You can't just lift and be healthy. Do some gpp work if you like it...
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I don't have to give you a routine. That's why I post a journal. As far as I am concerned you are looking for attention. Look at me, I'm retiring, tell me to stop. I have been around a while and have accomplished a little in this sport I have also seen guys like you come and go and somehow the sport rolls on.
    Indeed. Although it's not all that unusual for someone with Jinkies age and remarkable physical gifts to do this.

Jinkies -

For as long as you have been posting here, people have been trying to help you. You have been told you are too young for prohormones/steriods. You ignored that advice and used them. You have been told to correct your form, you ignored that advice. You have been told not to compete as often, you ignored it (and based on what you consider a full squat, competing where you did was doing even more harm by saying bad lifts are good.) You've been told to get medical advice and treatment, but no, you ignored that as well.

So now you tell us you're hurt, and you can't go on.

Fine.

I think Chris R has the right advice. Stop for a while. Back off the lifting, and find something else to do... frankly, with your physical gifts (no one denies you are freaky big and strong), you can excel at any sport you pick where strength and size are benefits. Go talk to a track coach about throwing. Get on the football team. Wrestle. SOMETHING.

Something else.

Get a little more well rounded with your athletic development, and when you are 25 you'll hold records.

If you want to get back into powerlifting, you have to do two things:

Train with powerlifters (not other kids, but guys who compete in the APF, USAPL, USPF, etc)
    Compete in a sanctioned meet. Not some high school thing, but the real deal.

Now you got your attention, and we'll end it here.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.