Thread: Need an article opinion

Need an article opinion

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy16.htm

What do yall think about that style of training to increase the big 3, worth trying? seemed unorthodox

Iron4Life
    I don't think pre-exhaustion has ever been shown to have great strength improvements with experienced lifters... perhaps newbies.

And, I also don't believe his philosophy on Inclines before Flat BP... I don't believe you can isolate "upper" chest that way...

And I definitely don't like his leg training ideas either... Squats are the king... and there are better hammie exercises then curls...

And why do you care about the Big 3 Jinkies if you are retiring from Powerlifting? I saw your other thread and question your logic.. you have a lot of potential...
    Last edited by Bob; 05-01-2007 at 03:03 PM.

I'm looking for another possiblity to pass my plateau before trying to form a new program

Dude just do Westside.

I think playing around w. exercise sequencing is fine and you might get some short-term benefit from it, but until you start intelligently planning your training, that's about all you can expect - short term...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Wannabebig Member

WTF???

Why does this guy want to increase the big 3, I thought yesterday he was lamenting about retiring from powerlifting at the ripe old age of 14 or however old he is. Don't forget your fiber sonny.

Um... Does anyone else find that picture of the abdominals totally irrelevant to the article?
    I think the writer believes that's a picture of the upper, middle, and lower chest. I'm serious.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Don't like it and wouldn't recommend it. There's plenty of other routines.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I know that Science of Practice of Strength Training states that max strength gains occur when the muscles are fresh. This is the reasoning behind why most Oly camps spread their workouts throughout the day. I wouldn't think that pre exhausting the muscles would be a good idea. Am I missing something?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting it to be successful but I figured it would be a good post for anyone new to the sport to overlook and clear up any ideas they would get of it later. Seems to be an abundance of useless lifting articles all across www.bodybuilding.com