Thread: upper body program

Wannabebig New Member

upper body program

im looking for a program that focuses on toning upper body, and specifically on abs, chest, biceps/triceps.

I cant find any program that focuses on specific body parts.

Im not a beginner to weightlifting however. I do some workouts with butterly and barbell curl for instance but have no real structure or program to them up to now. so i dont think i would need to start at beginner level

Beginners and elites use the same principles, and for the most part, the same methods.

Squat, deadlift, chinup, overhead press, rinse, repeat.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_mcinerne View Post
    im looking for a program that focuses on toning upper body, and specifically on abs, chest, biceps/triceps.

I cant find any program that focuses on specific body parts.

Im not a beginner to weightlifting however. I do some workouts with butterly and barbell curl for instance but have no real structure or program to them up to now. so i dont think i would need to start at beginner level
    Based on the fact that you are looking for an upper-body program to "tone" your muscles, I'd say youre more of a beginner than you think.

A "Tone" muscle is short for 'Tonus' and it only means the amount of tension in a muscle. The "tone" you are probably referring to is mistakenly used for having the ideal body composition of low body fat.

So, dont count on situps to bring up a six-pack. Its not gonna happen. Thats based around diet.

Search around our site. There are some great programs such as BGB, WBB 1, or a full body routine. In order to get the most results, you need to work your whole body. The body tries to grow as a whole so train it as one unit. Working your lower body will help your upper body.

Not only that, there are much better exercises for building your biceps and pectorals than flys and curls. Heavy presses and rows are more ideal. Its fine to add in curls into a program, but they should not be a focus.

Take a look into some of the programs on this site and youll get a better idea.
    Last edited by RichMcGuire; 05-07-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Daddy K.
    I agree don't just focus on arms and pecs. Compound lifts is the way to go. Squat, and deads are great. They are your friend. Bench press and like bent-over rows for arms and chest. I'm sure others here will have something to add on this.

Daddy K.
    Go with WWB1. I wasn't a beginner when I started it or at least I thought I wasn't, but 6 months later I'm still progressing on it and progressing faster than I ever did. WWB1 has everything that needs to get worked. And if you look at the routine theres only like 2 sets of curls and 1 set of hammers, which is all you need, the rest you work out your arms in the rest of the workouts, esp. back workouts, they work your bi's like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    So, dont count on situps to bring up a six-pack. Its not gonna happen. Thats based around diet.

In order to get the most results, you need to work your whole body. The body tries to grow as a whole so train it as one unit. Working your lower body will help your upper body.

Not only that, there are much better exercises for building your biceps and pectorals than flys and curls. Heavy presses and rows are more ideal. Its fine to add in curls into a program, but they should not be a focus.
    Bingo. +1