Thread: Something strange about my reaction to water...

Something strange about my reaction to water...

Generally on a workout day, I try to drink 1 gallon before my workout (which is around 4:00pm). However, I've noticed 2 or 3 days here and there where I haven't for whatever reason drank the whole gallon (about half, actually; much less), that I actually end up pushing more weight easier. It could all just be a big coincidence, but I'm really curious about it.

I did some searching, and I couldn't find any topics about my "problem". Anyone have anything to say about this?

You experienced a common phenomenon called progress. Keep it up!
    I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

PoutineEh
    drinking too much water can start flushing out electrolytes. perhaps this can also be part of the problem

You experienced a common phenomenon called progress. Keep it up!

-_-;

No. You misunderstand.

there are a million and a half other factors- how much sleep you have gotten/ what you have eaten/ how much stress you've had/ have you been over training the list goes on
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoutineEh View Post
    drinking too much water can start flushing out electrolytes. perhaps this can also be part of the problem
    Correction: drinking an exorbitant amount of water in a very short period of time can start flushing out electrolytes.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by freac View Post
    Generally on a workout day, I try to drink 1 gallon before my workout (which is around 4:00pm). However, I've noticed 2 or 3 days here and there where I haven't for whatever reason drank the whole gallon (about half, actually; much less), that I actually end up pushing more weight easier. It could all just be a big coincidence, but I'm really curious about it.

I did some searching, and I couldn't find any topics about my "problem". Anyone have anything to say about this?
    What time do you start drinking that gallon?

If nothing else, I doubt I'd be able to lift much with a damn gallon of water sloshing around in my system.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member
    a gallon at a time is too much IMO
    you should be drinking around a gallon for the whole day and I am guessing that you are drinking much more then that if you are pounding a whole gallon in one sitting

Quote Originally Posted by freac View Post

In what time frame do you drink that gallon of water? You can actually die if you drink too much water in a short period of time. Most people on here spread out a gallon or so over the course of the entire day. Drinking that much before your workout is completely unnecessary and depending on how long it takes you to drink that...can be very bad.

I think the implication was at least a gallon over the course of the day before his workout at 4. But still, if too much of that is too close to the workout, I could see his workout sucking ass.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

^^

Yeah...I'd feel like the Kool-Aid man if I drank that much water before a workout.