The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Not cutting, just want to gradually improve my BMI

I've been bulking for years now. I'm up to about 180 at 6'0 and about 15% bodyfat (all of which seems to accumlate on my ass and lower back). I think I look pretty good, but I'm not blind to my jiggly ass and slight love handles. I bulked up to this weight with a pretty careless but not ridiculous diet with straight up NO cardio for the past 8 months or so. I've now cleaned up my diet IMMENSELY as well as cut my daily calories by about 3 to 500 a day. In addition to this I now jog 20-30 minutes three times a week. It's been two weeks now and I already feel and look a hell of a lot firmer, I haven't weighed myself but my lifts have either gone up or stayed the same. I was wondering if these minor changes were enough to not so much constitute as a cut (because im really not that fat at all) but more or less kind of gradually improve my BMI over time.

Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

BMI is essentially useless for those with lots of lean body mass. I would suggest you do a full fledged cut and get down to about 10% bf.

If you lose no muscle, then to reach 10% bf you would be 168 lbs. At that point you can eat maintence for a while and then go on slow,clean bulk.

Cutting is quite simple. Cut your calories (usually from carbs), lift heavy with low volume,and add cardio later on as your weight loss stalls. You should aim for about 1lb a week.