The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Diet Help Please!!

I'm looking for a diet that I can use everyday combined with, exercise and lifting to help me lose my fat around my stomach. I have school so is there a nice diet that i can use because I don't have much time to make breakfast and lunch. I'm no chef either so that could be a problem. I have whey protein powder I don't mind drinking with milk. Currently I have a good portioned bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast, for lunch a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or cheese sandwich on American bread. Finally for dinner i eat what my mom makes usually grilled chicken,steak, burgers, or something like lasagna or pasta. I'm worried this diet is not healthy enough for fat loss. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out with some sort of diet plan, thanks.
    16 y.o 5'7",160 pds (15-16%bf)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Whats American bread? lol

Fat loss is about calories.
    Track your calories on www.fitday.com and see how much your eating. You can eat crappy food and still lose weight, its mostly about how many calories your taking in a day.

Dont think of casual eating as a "diet plan". Just understand what is benefitial and what is not and base your lifestyle around that. You like peanutbutter? Eat it! Its very healthy for you. Instead of eating white bread eat whole wheat (same goes for pasta). Instead of a plate of fried have a baked potato.

Alot of what ou eat is going to be based on your knowledge of food, not what we tell you to eat. Here are some pointers.

1) Keep saturated fat low and mono/poly unsaturates high (peanut butter, nuts in general, olive oil, seeds)
    2) Choose leaner meats to eat. (If you dont buy your own meat, tell your mom or who ever buys it to request lean or extra lean steaks, ground meat...). Chicken is very lean and high in protein. Its always a good choice.
    3) Milk is your friend, calcium is good. Milk contains small amounts of sugars, fat, and protein. This is probably the only thing ill tell you to eat/drink. I live off the stuff.
    4) Sugar is not evil. Eat it in respectable amounts but dont go wild.
    5) Eat whole grain foods. This will help your fiber intake, provide more nutrients, and it tasted better

Look at the ingredients of foods. If sugar is the first or second ingredient you know to eat it sparingly (or perhaps eat it once every little while).

Alot of it is commen sense and alot of it is science.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Whats American bread? lol
    Maybe Wonder Bread?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

How is Wonder Bread American bread?

Unless its filled with lard and covered in bacon, because thats the American way

Wannabebig Member
    Yea its wonder bread w/e. My family calls in American bread. Why whenever I post something everyone always criticizes my wording, rather than answering what i asked.

I was being serious. I have no idea what "American Bread" is, so I was guessing out of sheer confusion.

Here...I searched...your family is confused. They need to be more specific because "American bread" spans a lot of different types of bread ~>

And why do you call people "bitch" in their threads and then you get your panties in a knot when someone doesn't quite answer you right?
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 05-11-2007 at 02:09 PM.

owned.
    6"4 17 fat started 280 current 254.8 weigh ins every sunday.

Hoping anywhere 215-235 but its not the numbers that matter the mirror will tell.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    I was being serious. I have no idea what "American Bread" is, so I was guessing out of sheer confusion.

Here...I searched...your family is confused. They need to be more specific because "American bread" spans a lot of different types of bread ~>

And why do you call people "bitch" in their threads and then you get your panties in a knot when someone doesn't quite answer you right?

Hmmm maybe because that kid is my best friend and I go to school with him. And i was joking around with him, sorry were not 100% serious 24/7 like Robots "must lift to survive".

Huh?

Wannabebig Member
    That kid whos post i was screwing with is my best friend, we go to school together.

Eat more american bread.
    My Journal My FatDay

your diet seems to lack protein, healthy fats, and veggies.

Its too carb heavy.

Its not about being "healthy" for weight loss, its all about the quantity of food you eat.