The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

The zercher conversation

Monday night I went into the gym and walked up the squat rack, but I had to wait because their was a guy doing shrugs in it ( great was my first thought ). When he was done I started doing zercher squats. The guy looks at me and tells me that I should do power squats there more effective. I explain to him that zercher squats are just a variation of squats, and place a little more stimulation on the quads ( he like most people have never seen anyone do them ).

Anyway we started talking and turns out heís been powerlifting for 7 years give or take and has benched over 600 shirted ( dude was big and very thick ). I stopped my routine and started talking about lifting with him for almost 20 minutes. It was good to actually meet someone who had the same mentality about working out that I did. I wont lie I mistook him for another guy who just wants to use the squat rack to curl or any other non squat movement. I guess we canít always judge a book by its cover.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    If I had to guess, I'd say most people are guilty of using the squat rack for other than its intended position now n then.. its just a convenience thing. Especially in a gym that practically has cobwebs on the squat rack.

You should start training with that guy. I'm sure he could help you improve quite a bit, and maybe vice versa.
    Last edited by Guido; 05-17-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    You should start training with that guy. I'm sure he could help you improve quite a bit, and maybe vice versa.
    I was in a rush at the time, but I am going to talk to him more about that if I see him again.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Banned
    That's awesome. Chat him up and learn as much as you can. I hope I meet someone like that at my gym