The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

competition coming up

i will be in my first powerlifting competition in mid september. it will just be a bench and deadlift competition and i will be in the 198-220 lb class as of now. if i stay in that class i need to bench 435 with a single ply, and dead 535, which could be within reach but i REALLLY would like to be in the 220-242 lb class, because those records are 403 and 507 which im pretty confident i can get.

the problem is im 200 or so, which means i need a solid 20 lbs in 4 months..... is this within reach?? any diet suggestions? should i just try to get my lifts even more up and stay in the 220 class or get my weight way up and jump a weight class????

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What are your lifts like now? How long have you been lifting? Have you trained in gear yet?

I'm confused because you said that the 198 weightclass, the lifts are higher than in the 220 class, shouldnt it be the other way around? What's your bodyweight right now? Wear a sweater with a weighted vest on under it to make the higher weight class? (i doubt that this is legal)
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

i think 20 pounds in 4 months is do-able. i'd say if you want to get up to the 220 class, you should try. i think i'd go for it. you gotta eat a WHOLE LOT. it will be a challenge!

Well, good luck anyways .Go kick some a**
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Iron4Life
    Heck, I can gain 15 lbs overnight!!! 20 in 2 months shouldn't be a big deal... lol

GL with your competition dude.. it's addicting..

BTW.. why do you HAVE to have these numbers? Sounds like you are only interested in breaking records. That's fine, but you might want to get some good experience under your belt, get stronger, learn from the other competitors and then tear up your 2nd competition.

detard- im around 325-335 raw on bench, and somewhere around 490-500 on dead, if i get the shirt soon and get some practice then 400 should be within reach, the thing is i was up to 350 about 2 months ago and let it slip away with cancun and stuff, and i weight 206, so if get back up to my PREVIOUS level of strength 350 and 500 were my best... ive been lifting since 16, im 19 now, and i really knew what i was doing at 17 or so.. with diet and such.. for some reasont the 220-242 is a little lower than other weight class, go figure... im around 200 now and i just my BF checked out of curiousity and im 9.2% according to caliper, but this is with a ****TTY ****TY diet and a really really bad sleep schedule..

lonesexedge- thanks for the support! i think i will try and jump that weight class, LOTS of food..

getfit- thanks!

bearwolf- i dont HAVe to get these numbers, but the deadlift would be a u.s. record for the fed i want to compete in and for my age class, the bench record would be a california state record...

you do make a good point and i wanted to do my comp in june to get a feel for it, but i need to stay focused on this weight gain and i cant even start to prep for a comp right now,

btw cancun and 2 weeks of getting stomach flu/ cold from cousins, + a bad car accident really brings motivation and strength levels down.....

this is when i was at my best and strongest, about 2 or 3 months ago. i was 206-207 with an empty stomach and i had my best lifts
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...5&d=1167622946

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    You should be more worried about getting the shirt and learning how to use it. It's not like you will throw it on and your 330 bench becomes 405. Also, if you gain 20 lbs the shirt will likely not fit right or at least be much tighter than at 20 lbs less, so this will complicate things more.

I'd just worry about training hard and being ready for the meet. Don't worry about your bodyweight.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Where is this comp? I wanna go grab the record for bench in my division, I live in Cali too.

well this competition is being held in muscle beach... but that is just one comp. there are like 5 or 6 others this year in other places, and one in vegas i think

Chris is right. That shirt and suit are not going to fit the same if you gain another 20+ pounds. That's going to make them that much tougher to use, too.

Still...if you're set on trying for the 220 records, then 4 months is plenty of tiem to gain another 20 lbs.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Banned
    EAT EVERYTHING. Don't eat healthy all the time. Don't worry about your bodyfat. If you wanna be strong, stop worrying about how you look. Mass moves mass. If you train hard, you'll gain muscle. Here's a side note for all you young guys that want abs and all that ghey stuff. Chicks don't really care if you have abs or not. If you're a douche bag, it doesn't matter how nice your abs are. You're still a douche bag. My point is, get big, build muscle, don't worry about your belly. Once you gain a certain level of strength, then you can worry about weight classes. You'll hold yourself back if you worry about weight classes before you've ever competed. At 251, I squatted 500 in my first meet. At 275 I've squatted my first 700, a 775, and a 788. In the 308's I have an 880, and an unofficial 915. EAT! TRAIN! SFW!

awesome numbers rhodehouse! i get what your saying, i need to just eat everything in sight, i think buying whole milk and drinking that in addition to all the water will help too! any other diet suggestions??? lots of olive oil in addition to my shakes, more eggs, potatoes,, what else?

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by levronefan View Post
    awesome numbers rhodehouse! i get what your saying, i need to just eat everything in sight, i think buying whole milk and drinking that in addition to all the water will help too! any other diet suggestions??? lots of olive oil in addition to my shakes, more eggs, potatoes,, what else?

If it's not nailed down and/or poison, EAT IT!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

peanut butter!!!
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

lol @ chris's comment! does that include the dog food in the pantry too? LOL

good suggestion detard, lots of natural peanut butter helps with calories

wear cargo pants and stuff every pocket with PBJ's
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Pizza, cheesburgers, Ice cream
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Anyone else find it interesting that the records are higher in the lower weight class
    I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

just in this particular instance, the sub 198 class is of course weaker and the 242+ weight class has higher numbers than all the others..

Banned
    Steak, burgers, Fried Chicken, potatoes, pasta, peanut butter, ice cream, whole milk, a gallon of Gatorade a day, olive oil in your shakes. Water will cause you to lose weight. Keep it at a half gallon a day. All other fluids should have calories in them. When you're full, grab something else to eat.

good suggestions man, so far i have been drinking whole milk when i get thirsty and have already downed 1 and a half gallons since sunday night of whole milk. plus all of my meals i think im getting on the right track! these 20 lbs might be gained in 2 months instead of 4 if this keeps up!

keeping you guys updated, im 209, i just weighed myself this morning. i want to be 210 by the middle of this month, and 215 by mid july, 220 by the end of august......

im eating everything in sight, and literallly each meal goes until i am about to puke.... but its working!

ill contine to update you guys on my weight gain!