The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

I need advice...very confused!

I am 34 years old, 6'1 and 255lbs. My body fat % is right at 27%. Clearly I know that I need to get my body fat % down. The past couple of months I have realized how much I enjoy lifting. I am 100% dedicated to staying with WBB1. My question is how do I get the benefits of gaining muscle and losing fat? I have no problem with eating clean. What is going to happen if I eat clean, lift with the WBB1 program and do cardio 6 days a week? What would all the successful people on here do if they had my body type? Please I need answers!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well, gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is no easy feat. The best you can do is eat at a caloric deficit while keeping your protein intake high and lifting heavy and hope to retain as much muscle as possible.

Now, doing six days of cardio a week is counter-productive. You WILL lose weight by doing that, but you'll lose an awful lot of muscle as well. If you really want to do some cardio, maybe 1-2 days a week for 20-30 minutes while continuing to lift heavy.

If you choose to do the cardio, you'll end up losing weight, but you'll have virtually no muscle mass. In other words, you'll weigh less, but you'll still look bad.
    Last edited by Chris686; 05-26-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Wannabebig Member
    Okay so then it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat. I like the idea if the HIIT training. Obviously 6 days of cardio is not the way to go. So this is what I am hearing:

Lift heavy with WBB1 and eat high amounts of proteins. Due some HIIT about 2 to 3 days a week.

This may not necessarily let me gain muscle, however, I could lose fat and maintain the muscle that I already have? Maybe a little increase in muscle?