Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: My Rise To Power

Thursday (1-30)

Workout: Yesterday's session was great. I found the SLDL's to be extremely difficult, but I struggled my way through, I had to reduce the weight in order to maintain proper technique. Everything else went as planned.

Diet: Yesterday's diet was great also. I ate all the foods in my daily plan, and felt full most of the day. Today has started out well also.

Today's Workout:

Shoulder:

Military:
    70X8
    75X8

DB Press:
    40X8
    45X8

Standing Lat Raises:
    20X10
    25X10

Triceps:

Close Grip BB Bench Press:
    105X8
    115X8

French Press:
    50X8
    55X8

Biceps:

BB Curl:
    55X8
    65X8

Hammer Curls:
    30X8

What do you guys think about adding more bicep work?
    Last edited by blustring; 01-30-2003 at 08:33 AM.

Friday (1-31)

Workout: Had a pretty good workout yesterday. I think I might have hurt my left shoulder a little. It was bothering me during my workout, but I haven't had any trouble with it since. Maybe it's just sore. I added 2 sets of preacher curls to yesterday's routine. Just didn't feel like I had done enough. The workout went really well.

Diet: Diet yesterday was right on. Didn't skip any meals, and didn't cheat. Can't see much improvement on the scale yet, but I feel better. I'm also able to sleep better at night. I used to wake up every 30 mins, but now I only wake up once if any at all. Today's diet was going to be okay, but I was in a rush to leave for work this morning and left my lunch sitting on the counter. Didn't realize it until I was about 5 minutes from work. Oh well.

No workout today.

Heading to Tallahassee, FL to visit a friend.

-blu

Monday (2-3)

Notes from the weekend: Had a great time in Florida. The weather was wonderful. During the day it was low 70's and the nights were in the high 40's. Diet for the weekend wasn't that great, but it could have been much worse.

Workout:
    Chest:

BB Bench Press
    135X10
    150X8
    160X8

Incline DB Press
    50X8
    55X8

Dips:
    2X8

Back:

Deadlift:
    135X10
    155X8
    165X8

Bent Over Rows:
    95X8
    105X8

Shrugs:
    185X10

Close Grip Pulldowns:
    90X8
    100X8

The weather is so nice today. I might go for a walk/run after my workout. We will have to see how I feel.

That's it!

blu

Tuesday (2-4)

Notes from yesterday: Diet was pretty good yesterday. Had a great dinner, steak, mushrooms, onion, garlic. Didn't sleep very well, kept waking up about every 2 hours. Workout yesterday was really intense. Pushed through every exercise except Incline DB Press. Only finshed 6 out of 8 on last set. Added a heavy set to my BB bench press, might have been the reason. Went for a run with my dog yesterday. Not a long run, because I'm am so not a runner, but it was a good jog anyway.

Workout:
    Legs:
    Squats:
    135X8
    155X8

Hacks:
    70X8
    90X8

Leg Curls:
    90X8
    100X8

SLDL:
    155X8
    165X8

Calf Raises:
    180X10X4

Abs:
    Crunches:
    4X10

Depending on what time I get home I might jog again. I enjoyed it yesterday, and so did the puppy.

blu
    Last edited by blustring; 02-04-2003 at 07:56 AM.

Friday (2-7)

Update: Haven't lifted since Monday. Been fighting off a really bad head cold. My diet has been unbelievable though. I have found that if I eat when I'm supposed to I'm not really hungry all the time. I still have cravings, but not as bad. Hoping to get back on track Monday.

Banned
    get back in the gym you!

head cold, schmeadcold... work through the pain

Cal,
    Thanks for the push, I'm expecting to be back in on Monday, maybe Sunday. Right now breathing is difficult, can't imagine trying to breath while lifting. No worries though. I'm starting to notice some changes on the scale and with my measuring tape. I think my diet is paying off.

Monday:

Comments: Weekend went okay. Didn't get in the gym, but diet wasn't too bad.

Workout: Today I'm playing racquetball, and maybe doing some ab work. Tomorrow will be my usual Chest/Back routine.

-blu

Tuesday (2-11)

Notes: Buddy called and cancelled yesterday, so I ended up doing my normal chest/back routine. Had a good workout. Went up in weight again on BB Bench press. Felt good when I left the gym, good and tired. Diet from yesterday was right on!

Today: Will do leg workout with some ab work.

Wednesday (2-12)

Notes: Didn't get to lift yesterday. Had to stay and work late. I'm playing raquetball today. Diet yesterday was okay. Didn't end on a good note. Diet today is going pretty well.

Thursday (2-13)

Notes: Lifted today. Had a great session. Was exhausted afterwards. Did shoulders, tris and bis, and threw in some legs to make up for yesterday. Diet is going pretty good. The only problem is I'm so hungry when I get home from the gym, and I don't feel like cooking anything, so sometimes I eat the first thing I can get. Not always bad things, but not always good. Overall, I'm sticking to my diet pretty well.

-blu

Monday (2-17)

Notes: Diet over the weekend wasn't too bad. Didn't lift any. Had a family dinner to attend Sat. night, and was able to order something semi-healthy. Did really well to avoid the fried foods.

Today: Diet has been right on today. I'm doing my chest and back routine today. I have to get some cardio into my workout. I'm thinking about running on my non-lifting days. Any suggestios?

-blu

Banned
    I would suggest that you not bother running unless your plan is to train your heart and lungs to greater capacity for some specific purpose. Unless you LIKE running. Personally, i hate it. I'll run around if it means I'm playing football or something but to run qua running? Bleah.

getting even better control of your diet and finding a way to be more consistent in getting to the gym for lifting will likely do more for you in terms of continuing to change your body shape

Cal,
    I'm working on the Diet thing every day. I know that I'm not getting enough cals on the weekdays, and too many during the weekend. I'm working on it.
    I'm still trying to finalize my schedule as far as lifting goes. Also, I'm using WBB Routine 1, and sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough for certain muscles. For instance, I don't feel like I'm working bis and tris enough. My last workout focused a lot more on those muscles. What are your thoughts?

-blu

Banned
    bottom line about bis and tris is that they are small muscles and while pretty visible in terms of wearing shortsleeves, they usually get enough work if you are hitting WBB1 hard as they are worked during compound movements for chest/back

if you feel that bis/tris are lagging in size/development relative to the rest of you, then worry about focusing on 'em but beyond that I wouldn't sweat it

I also wouldnt' think in terms of a schedule for working out unless that is the only way you'll get to the gym. Rather, make a commitment to yourself that you'll lift every 2nd day or 4 days a week or whatever and then do whatever it takes to keep that commitment.

It's simple really.
    Not easy. Just simple.

I agree, I had a wonderful workout tonight. After I finished bench press, just for fun I wanted to see if I could lift 200lbs just once. I did, and without that much effort. I know that WBB 1 is working. I'm just still hung up on the scale. It was a great work out though. I was exhausted when I finished.

-blu

Tuesday (2-18)

Notes: Yesterday's routine was great. Made it through all sets without failure. Will increase all weight next week. No lifting for today. Diet was right on yesterday. Didn't stray at all.

-blu

Wednesday (2-19)

Notes: Diet was perfect yesteday. I felt great all day, and when I got up this morning I felt even better knowing that nothing but clean foods went into my system yesterday. No workout yesterday, but today I'll be doing Legs. I'll start posting my routine again, so maybe someone will check it and make sure I'm getting enough work.

-blu

Thursday (2-20)

Notes: Yesterdays diet was right on again. Here's yesterday's routine:

Squats: 155X8, 165X8
    Hacks: 90X8, 140X8
    Leg Curls: 100X8, 110X8
    SLDL: 135X8, 155X8
    Calf Raises: 180X10, 230X10X3
    Crunches: 4X10

Finished every set. Will increase weight again next week.

-blu

Friday: (2-21)

Notes: Diet went pretty good. Went out to eat with my wife for dinner. Got chicken fajitas with beans and rice. Ate some chips and salsa. Not terrible. Did not lift today, stayed at work late. Will lift Sat.

Saturday: (2-22)

Notes: Diet went pretty good, not as good as during the week, but not terrible. Did lift today. Had a good session. Lifting everything I was supposed to. Will increase weight on most exercises.

Shoulder:
    Military: 80X8, 90X8
    Standing lat Raises: 17.5X8, 20X8
    Arnold Presses: 35X8, 40X8

Tris:
    Close Grip Bench: 120X8, 140X8
    French Press: 65X8, 75X8

Bis:
    BB Curls: 60X8, 70X8
    Hammers: 35X8

Sunday: (2-23)

Notes: Diet was okay. Didn't eat enough clean foods. Went all weekend without drinking any beer. Good for me. Can't say I'll be able to do that this coming weekend.

Monday: (2-24) Diet is right on today. I've lowered my cals a little to see if I can spark some weight loss. I'm making good gains in the gym, but can't see anything else. My measurements are still the same, and I haven't lost any weight.

-blu
    Last edited by blustring; 02-24-2003 at 11:15 AM.

Tuesday: (2-25)

Notes: Yesterday's diet was perfect. Not one single cheat. Yesterday's workout was very intense.

Chest:
    BB Bench Press: 135X10, 165X8, 175X8 (help on last rep)
    Incline DB Press: 60X8, 65X5(failed), 60X4(to finish)
    Dips: 2X8
    Deadlift: 135X10, 165X8, 175X8
    Bent Over Row: 100X8, 110X8
    Close Grip Pulldowns: 110X8, 120X8
    Shrugs: 165X10 (smith machine)

I guess I'm finally reaching where I need to be working.

-blu

Wednesday (2-26)

Notes: Yesterday's diet was perfect. I'm getting pretty good at this diet thing. No workout yesterday. Will do my leg routine today. I'll post the results after my session.

-blu

Thursday (2-27)

Notes: Diet was pretty good yesterday. I ate a big dinner, but it was still within my daily calorie allowance. Workout yesterday was awesome. I lifted everything I was supposed to, and will increase weight again next week.

Legs:
    Squats: 150X8, 170X8
    Hacks: 95X8, 145X8
    Leg Curls: 110X8, 120X8
    SLDL: 140X8, 160X8
    Toe Raises: 270X10X4
    Crunches: 4X10

My calf exercise was really great. When I finished my calves were burning like hell.

-blu

Friday (2-28)

Notes: Diet was just okay yesterday. I had a bad carb craving about 9:00, and ended up eating some white corn chips and salsa. They were excellent. Still stayed under my BMR. Today workout is shoulder/bis/tris. I'm sure it will go well.

-blu

Monday (3-3)

Notes: Workout Friday was right on. I reallly felt the burn in my biceps. Diet over the weekend was not good. Had a college buddy come into town, so I drank way to much. Back to the grind today.

Friday's Routine:
    Military: 85X8, 95X8
    DB Raises: 20X8, 22.5X8
    Arnold Presses: 35X8, 40X8
    Close Grip Bench: 135X8, 145X8
    French Press: 65X8, 75X8
    BB Curls: 65X8, 75X8
    Hammers: 40X10 (started to lose form towards the end)

-blu