Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My Rise To Power

She gets upset with me when I try to talk to her about her diet. She is watching what she eats, but she can't say no to some things. She is a teacher, so at her school they are always having candy and and cake, and she can't say no. I don't understand the lack of will power. If I know that I need to say no, I will, even if it's something I really want. Honestly the only time that I even slip a little bit is on the weekend. Eating healthy for 5 days, then slipping a little for 2 is bad, but it could be much worse. She's happy with my new found passion, but I don't think she wants to take the time to plan. I even told her I would sit down with her and do it for her, but she still hasn't shown any interest. Oh well, I'll let her do it her way. She would say it's always the right way

and yeah..come on now.....it's not that "she can't say no" she just doesn't want to. *lol*

yeah...you can't make someone else understand why it is you do what you do, but all you can hope for is a little support, or at the very lieast, indifference, allowing you to do it. *lol*
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I have no problem maintaining my diet around her. She is kind of like me in the fact that she would rather stay home and make dinner than go get fast food. She is doing the weight watchers points thing, but she isn't always able to stay within her point range because of her addiction to sweets. There isn't anything wrong with the WW method, but I've done it before, and I didn't get enough meat. I have to have meat at least once or twice a day or I start feeling weak. She can go several days without eating meat products. I'm eating more now than I was when I did the WW program, but I'm losing weight faster. It's kind of cool. I'm actually eating more than I was before I became health conscious, but the more is also a lot better stuff. No fried foods, or sugars. I've lost 17 pounds since I started counting calories. She says it's because I have more to lose. It probably is, but I'm happy with it.

Tuesday (3/12/00)

Comments: It's a rainy day here, so getting in the gym shouldn't be a problem. Playing racquetball this afternoon, so I'm hoping that will turn out to be a good cardio activity.

Diet:
    M1: (7:30) 1 Cup Grits, 4 slices Turkey Bacon
    M2: (10:30) 44g Whey, 1 cup Raspberries, 8oz fat free yogurt
    M3: (1:00) 2 cups chili con carne
    M4: (5:00) 44g whey, 1 cup raspberries
    M5: (8:00) 9oz Roast Turkey, 1 cup green beans
    Totals: Cal:1811, Pro:209, Fat:35, Carb:129

Workout:
    Cardio: Racquetball for 60 minutes
    Abs:
    Hanging Leg Raises 10
    Hanging Knee Tucks 20
    Flutter Kicks 20
    Bicycle Crunches 20X2
    Side Crunches 25lbX15
    Have a Great Day
    Last edited by blustring; 03-13-2002 at 07:12 AM.

Wednesday (3/13/02)

Comments: Thoroughly enjoyed the racquetball a$$ whoopin I received from a buddy. I have a new goal to add to my list. I have to keep practicing and be able to consistently beat him. The sad part was, he hasn't played since the last time I played. We both learned how to play at the same time, and he still embarassed me yesterday. Don't worry though, I will have my revenge.

Diet:
    M1: (7:30) 2 eggs, 4 sliced Turkey Bacon, 1/2 Cup Grapenuts, 1 cup fat free milk (big breakfast)
    M2: (10:00) 44g Whey, 1 Cup Fat Free Milk
    M3: (1:00) 9oz Roast Turkey
    M4: (4:00) 44g Whey, 1 pack oatmeal
    M5: (8:00) 44g Whey, 2 Cups Fat Free Milk
    Totals: Cal:2019, Pro:276, Fat:44, Carb:156

Workout:
    Shoulders:
    Seated DB Press: 30X10, 40X10, 45X10
    Cross Body Cable Raises: 20X12X3
    Traps:
    BB Upright Rows: 85X8X2, 65X15
    BB Shrugs: 135X10, 155X10
    Tricpes:
    Lying DB Tricep Extension: 40X12, 45X12, 50X12
    Machine Tricep Extensions: 70X12, 80X12, 90X8

Sleep: 8.5

Later!
    Last edited by blustring; 03-14-2002 at 06:38 AM.

Thursday (3/14/02)

Comments: Okay, we have a dilemma. I stepped on the scale yesterday, and shouldn't have, but I have gained almost 2lbs since last Thursday. I don't see any sensible explanation for this. I have eaten basically the same number of calories this week that I did last weekend, and even ate better over the weekend. I also worked out a lot harder this week than last week. I really don't understand how I could have gained weight. I felt full/fat all day Thursday, but I still can't explain where I could have picked up the extra weight. Anyone have any ideas?

Diet:
    M1: (7:15) 1/2 Cup Golden Grahams, 1 Cup Fat Free Milk
    M2: (10:30) 44g Whey, 2 Cups Fat Free Milk
    M3: (1:00) 12oz Tuna, 2 tbs. Fat Free Mayo, 2 tbs. Pickle Relish
    M4: (5:00) 44g Whey, 1 Pack Oatmeal
    M5: (9:00) 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Cup Broccoli
    Totals: Cal: 1827, Pro: 223, Fat: 18, Carb: 193
    Workout:

Thighs:
    DB Lunges 45X10X4
    BB Lunges 70X10X3
    Lying Leg Curls 60X15X2
    Leg Extension 90X12X2
    Calves:
    Donkey Calf Raises 320X10X3
    Biceps:
    BB Preacher Curl 75X8X3
    Incline DB Curl 30X12X2
    Forearms:
    BB Wrist Curls 55X10

Sleep: ?

Any suggestions or comments are always greatly appreciated. Basically the only input I have comes from you guys, because I want the opinions of people who have been there and know what it's all about. I could ask people in the gym, but I haven't seen anyone in there that looks like they know enough about what their doing.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by blustring; 03-15-2002 at 06:44 AM.

were your carbs, or sugar intake a bit higher then normal? what about salt?

I don't really measure my salt intake. I guess I could start, but I didn't eat anymore than I normally would. The only differences were that I weighed before lifting, and I really had to pee. Other than those two things, I can't think of anything that I have done different.,

it's most likely just random water lfuctuation. i wouldn't take it to heart as a bad thing. it could be due to any number of things. for me it usually depends, on womanly stuff, carb intake, what types of carbs i ate, and how much salt.

I thought it could be due to water, or maybe salt or something like that. I didn't think I could have gained that much muscle in that short of a time, and I knew I couldn't have put on any fat because I haven't eaten bad. I drank some beer over the weekend, but it doesn't even compare the the weekend before, and I lost almost 4lbs last week. It's all confusing. I'm going to weigh again today and see what the deal is.

Friday (3/15/02)

Comments: I weighed again yesterday after I lifted, and my weight was down to 231. My body is doing something really strange, but I'm happy that my weight is back down where it should be. I have noticed some differences in my muscle tone, but I'm not losing noticable fat. I have noticed that my waist is a little smaller, but not much, maybe an inch. My chest is a little bigger, once again an inch, and my shoulders are getting more defined, but my problem area (stomach ) doesn't seem to be changing.

Diet:
    M1: (7:15) 2 Eggs, 4 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Grits
    M2: (10:00) 44g Whey
    M3: (1:00) Turkey Sandwich on Wheat, 1 Slice of Fat Free Cheese
    M4: (5:00) 44g Whey
    M5: (8:00) AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (Pizza and Beer)
    Totals: Cal:1524, Pro:203, Fat:38, Carb:108

Workout: Planning on going to the gym and either doing interval cardio, playing basketball, or playing racquetball. We will have to see. My fiance' has informed me that I'm going to pick out a tuxedo tonight. You know, fun stuff!
    Last edited by blustring; 03-18-2002 at 06:57 AM.

you know....today's diet looks much better than usual...less carbs and sugars.....that should definitely help with that belly bloat.

however...you may want to check those cals...and definitely add a little more fat into your diet on a regular basis. at least 30%.

fat doesn't make you fat....it can actually help with losing fat.

I wouldn't worry too much about Friday. I ended up going over to a friend's house and partaking in the well know college ritual of eating large quantities of pizza and drinking beer like they were running out. Aside from feeling like complete a$$ on Saturday it was a really great night. I'm about to start adjusting my diet to include more fat. I'm debating using flax. I hear a lot of other people are using it, and I know Tryska uses it. It sounds like a good place to get some of the fat I need. Any other suggestions? I also considered instead of grilling and baking my chicken I would saute it in olive oil.
    Peace

flax and olive oil are both ace places to get your fats from.

also full fat dairy is good too, and using the yolks with your eggs.

Monday: (3/18/02)

Comments: Weekend was once again very bad. In the previous post I mentioned the beer bath on Friday night. My fiance' and I attended a wedding party Saturday night, and though I was successful at refusing the beer I was unable to resist the plethera of goodies. Overall it was a good night. We got lots of cool stuff. Spent most of the day Sunday cleaning up my house because I was having some buddies over to watch wrestlemania, and we needed somewhere to sit. Then we ate burgers and chips last night. I did drink diet dr. pepper though, so that was positive. So the healthy eating starts again today!

Diet:
    M1: (7:15) 2 Eggs, 4 Slices Turkey Bacon
    M2: (10:00) 44g Whey, 2 cups Milk
    M3: (1:00) 12oz Tuna, 2 tbs. Fat Free Mayo
    M4: (4:00) 44g Whey, 1 Pack Oatmeal
    M5: (9:00) 1 Chicken Breast, 2 tbs. Olive Oil, 1 Cup Broccoli
    Totals: Cal: 2021, Pro: 279, Fat: 63, Carb: 83

Workout:
    Chest:
    DB Bench Press 50X10, 60X10, 65(failure)
    Incline DB Press 40X10, 45X10, 50(failure)
    Peck Deck Flyes 80X12, 90X12, 100(failure)
    Cable Crossovers 40X12, 50(failure)
    Back:
    T-Bar Rows 45X12, 55X12, 55(failure)
    Machine Pullovers 90X12, 100X12
    Cross Bench DB Pullovers 30X12, 35X12
    Lower Back:
    Hyperextension III 25(failure)X2

Notes: I'm thinking about interchanging some of the excercises because I'm doing the same ones every time. I don't want my muscles to get used to certain activities.

Peace Out!
    Last edited by blustring; 03-19-2002 at 06:01 AM.

I always eat the yokes with my eggs. It just doesn't seem like I'm getting enough if I don't. Also, I might look into some good old fashion vitacim D milk. My dad owns a dairy farm, so he's happy as long as I'm drinking any milk. What's the best way to take flax. Should I mix it with something like you do, or what. Also, I don't eat cottage cheese, so that idea is out.
    Last edited by blustring; 03-18-2002 at 07:21 AM.

mmm...you could take a tablespoon straight (if you get the "omega-flo" processed kind it tastes almost buttery and not that nasty), you could top your vegetables or salad with it (don't cook with it tho), or you might could mix it in with your whey. incidentally, you could mix your whey with the milk, too.

Most of the time I do mix the whey with milk. I tastes so much better made with milk, even fat free milk. It just tastes kind of bland made with water, except when I put the oatmeal in it. The oatmeal gives it a sweet flavor. I'll check it out. BTW how was your weekend?

busy. it was beautiful out wasn't it? of course my air isn't working yet, but whatever. sounds like you had a real good weekend yourself.

i like my whey with milk better too, actually. it tastes almost too sweet just mixed with water.

Well, I didn't make my weight this week. I only lost 1-1.5 lbs. I was shooting for 2, but I guess that's okay. I'm ahead of scheduel by almost 2 weeks. I should have weighed in at 234, but I was 231.3. I probably gained over the weekend though. I didn't get much excercise unless you count the 6 hours I spent cleaning up my house. I'm excited about getting back in the gym today. I'm craving weights. I had such a great workout last Monday, I'm hoping to make a streak out of it.

haha. remembe rthat gain was most likely water, if you did gain...but i think you are doing really great. glad your ahead of schedule. i've actually hit a stall myself, so i need to focus on getting in enough calories each day, so that my body will let go of some of this fat....you'd think eating would be an easy thing to do.

It's not just eating though, it's eating right. I eat more food now than I did when I was pretending I was a balloon, but I'm eating much healthier stuff now. In order to get everything I need I have to eat 5 times per day. It gets kind of stressful knowing that I have to make at least 3 meals every night to have for the next day. I have to go to the grocery tonight and get some stuff, luckily I don't have to get a lot.

yeah, i definitely agree. it's a lot of food, and tought to eat when your not hungry as well, but i has to be done, right?

Yes it does, plus it's nice feeling full most of the time. I find myself not craving foods that are bad for me, because I'm rarely hungry. I'm eating every 3-4 hours, so by the time my stomach finishes processing one meal, here comes another. I guess that's how it should be if you want to keep your metabolism running at max speed. The weekends are my hard times though. I know if I would get outside and do something it would be that big of a deal, but I'm usually in lazy mode on the weekends.

Tryska,
    Where do you purchase your flax, what size, and how long will it last you?