The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

pet peeve (worse then curling in the squat rack)

ok was at the gym yesterday, in the locker room changing.
    a kid was in one of the stalls taking a dump, he gets done and just walks out without washing his hands.
    just as he leaves I yell at him "Dont forget to wash your hands!"
    he walks out then walks back in and washes them as he was kind of shocked or didnt know i was talking to him (he was the only one in there).

hate disgusting slobs who dont wash their hands.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mind you're own ****ing business! Hahahahaha.

It's pretty sick, but I brought this up in another thread: when you go to the gym you probably touched more than your fair share of shafts for the day.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

I hate when people don't wash their hands, even after taking a leak. The only time is is justifiable is at a bar when the sinks/bathrooms would make your hands dirtier for actually touching things in there.

I carry a thing of instant hand sanitizer with me and use it before and after the gym. Too many people doing gross things. Good thing I get it for free from work.
    Nick V

Forget about washing hands: My pet peeve is when they **** or piss all over the seat and not only don't wipe it up but don't frigging even flush.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

I ALWAYS wash my hands after I go to the bathroom, and definitely after my gym session, whether I went to the bathroom or not (and not just because I usually have chalk on them). Who knows where peoples sweaty hands have been and what bacteria thrives and multiplies on all of it.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I remember my aunt telling me about her studies in becoming a chemist where she and a large group of her classmates were all told to wash their hands. Afterwards under a microscope something like 95% were still filthy.

Apparently most people don't wash their hands well when they wash them at all.
    Last edited by Organichu; 05-16-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

There is a news item in my gym's locker room about a couple guys getting into a fistfight after one of them didn't wash his hands after going. I'll try to see if it's available on line and I'll post a link if I can.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

why wash after taking a dump? is the toilet paper so filthy you need to wash? it's not like you wipe with your hand.

and I shower in the morning, and put on clean undies, therefore my weiner is clean. since I dont piss all over my hands when I urinate, why the necessity to wash them? the same people who fuss over not washing are the same ones who kiss after giving/receiving oral sex, why isnt THAT gross????? hypocrites.

you are all brainwashed by religious fools that our genitals are bad and dirty.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Have there been any cases saying that the genitalia area/s is/are dirtier than the rest of the body?
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

^^ It's more principle than anything I guess. I don't know where people's weiners have been so I would prefer them not take a leak and not wash. When taking a dump, who knows if their hand slips when they wipe.

Would you shake someone's hand after they just had a firm hold of their unit?

Maybe I am just a germ freak. I change my pen when someone I don't know uses it at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    ^^ It's more principle than anything I guess. I don't know where people's weiners have been so I would prefer them not take a leak and not wash. When taking a dump, who knows if their hand slips when they wipe.

Would you shake someone's hand after they just had a firm hold of their unit?

Maybe I am just a germ freak. I change my pen when someone I don't know uses it at work.
    Growing up in the woods you don't think about all this crap. It's not a big deal if someone takes a leak. I'd be more offended if someone took a leak and declined giving me a handshake than if they just gave me one.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Crikey, its a 30 foot ape! Kong's Avatar
    Its annoying but i dont think its as bad as people using the squat rack for curls at all!
    Current 1RM's - Bench 264lbs (Target 308lbs)/Squat 396lbs (Target 352lbs)/
    Deadlift 429lbs (Target 440lbs)
    BIG 3 TOTAL at 220lbs (28% BF) = 1089lbs
    6ft 2, 234lb fat, hairy ape!
    My journal - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...sion-of-an-ape

"This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!" As said by the great Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    why wash after taking a dump? is the toilet paper so filthy you need to wash? it's not like you wipe with your hand.

and I shower in the morning, and put on clean undies, therefore my weiner is clean. since I dont piss all over my hands when I urinate, why the necessity to wash them? the same people who fuss over not washing are the same ones who kiss after giving/receiving oral sex, why isnt THAT gross????? hypocrites.

i totally agree with this. i don't piss all over my hands, and i don't wipe my ass with my bare hand. so what's the big deal? my hand is suddenly bacteria infested after coming in contact with my johnson? i don't think so.

that said, there are circumstances where one should wash their hands. but i'm certainly not going to do it everytime i take a leak.
    Last edited by RBB; 05-16-2007 at 10:04 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

When I was in basic training, one of the guys was washing his hands after taking a leak. The Drill Instructor asked if his dad taught him that. He says yes, and the DI say's mine taught me not to piss on my hands. It was funny then, because that's about the most humor you got out of a DI.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I ALWAYS wash my hands after I go to the bathroom, and definitely after my gym session, whether I went to the bathroom or not (and not just because I usually have chalk on them). Who knows where peoples sweaty hands have been and what bacteria thrives and multiplies on all of it.
    Hear hear.
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

I wash my hands after using the toilet not because I'm afraid of my own germs, but because of touching the seat and flusher. Sometimes I even think about opening the door to exit, knowing that a lot of guys don't bother washing, but it's not worth stressing out over.
    That said if I was the kid I would have just laughed at you. You can't be trying to control other people. Even though he listened, what are you going to do? Sit and wait to scold every other guy that leaves a stall without washing? It's a battle you won't win.

Banned

the germs from poop can cut right through that toliet paper and infest your hands.
    everyone should wash there hands regularly and doing after using the restroom is a good time to do it.

The only time I wash my hands is right before I LEAVE the gym, since gym equipment is so filthy.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

You pick up germs from every surface you touch, so you should wash your hands multiple times throughout the day. Doing it after you use the washroom is just a convenient time to do it. I personally wash my hands with soap every time I use the washroom, primarily to get other germs off my hands, not because I just touched my wang. Although, I would say it's extra important that you wash your hands after you take a dump.

I also wash thoroughly after using the gym.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 05-16-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

If you don't wear gloves when you lift I would wager it's pretty important to wash your hands as soon as you finish working out. One thing I hate is bathrooms that don't have a door you can kick open with your foot. You wash your hands then you have to grab the door handle to get out, kinda defeats the purpose.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

You sound like a bunch of middle-class soccer moms.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

I use paper towel to open the door by the handle when leaving the washroom in public places. Failing that I use my coat sleeve or shirt.

:sings: I'm every woman....
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

I carry a bottle of disinfectant to wipe down the benches and machines before I use them. I'm not getting a staph infection because some of these numbwads won't bathe...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    I carry a bottle of disinfectant to wipe down the benches and machines before I use them. I'm not getting a staph infection because some of these numbwads won't bathe...
    Hahaha. I wipe down all the equipment when I am finished with it. And I do wash my hands after touching my wang, but only out of respect for others.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs