The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Watchya talkn bout willis

Good home stereo

Hey i'm not too keen on home audio systems. I'm looking at about 3-4 bills. Should I get a good 200 dollar one then get a home sub? Please help. I don't know which ones sound the best if there is any major difference in that price range so please give suggestions. I mostly want to hear the bass since I want to play drums to it, but its also gotta sound pretty clear.
    Last edited by North; 05-26-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I currently have a logitec computer speaker system for my home theater. I think logitec is partnered with THX and the little home system cost about 3 or 4 hundred, a little 5.1 system with a 10" sub. Sounds great and is a nice cheap way to get surround sound.

I always wondered about using car audio for home audio...never really knew why more people never experimented with it. Only problem I would see with car audio for that use is trying to rectify AC power down to the DC level needed...with the required amperage. I would like to try this someday...maybe a few deep cycle lead acid batts in parallel, a wind turbine for your trickle charge during the day...make it a Rude Goldberg style contraption!
    Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

...quit reading and start eating!

I would think car audio would be overengineered, since it has to withstand lots of bumps. It would be cheaper and sound better to just get home audio equipment unless you have a lot of car stuff laying around.

I don't know much about home audio, but AVS forum is a good place to learn:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=88/

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Hey i'm not too keen on home audio systems. I'm looking at about 3-4 bills. Should I get a good 200 dollar one then get a home sub? Please help. I don't know which ones sound the best if there is any major difference in that price range so please give suggestions. I mostly want to hear the bass since I want to play drums to it, but its also gotta sound pretty clear.
    You'd be ten fold better with a set of studio monitors in the 500 dollar range in the room you play your drums and getting a seperate home theatre system.

^ Yeh thats prolly the best. Maybe put aside a few $$ for a home theater system and go buy yourself some nice headphones for the drums. I used to play drums and just used a pair of headphones to work on songs.
    Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

...quit reading and start eating!

Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    I would think car audio would be overengineered, since it has to withstand lots of bumps. It would be cheaper and sound better to just get home audio equipment unless you have a lot of car stuff laying around.

I don't know much about home audio, but AVS forum is a good place to learn:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=88/
    People do run car stuff at home. Adire subs are great car subs, but sound just as good in a box with a plate amp driving them. You can build your own home subs for cheap using top quality parts.
    Nick V

Watchya talkn bout willis
    I am planning on buying some nice isolation head phones too but I also want a good sound system. I do have two 12" infiniti cappa's in my room and if there is a way to hook those up for the time that would be cool too. I think I just need to go google home stereos and get a good understanding about home audio because I don't know too much about it. Thanks for your help and keep the suggestions coming.
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

I'm kinda newb in the audio scene but I think from what i know so far that your speakers/subs are pretty much the most important pieces.