Thread: Rockclimbing

Wannabebig Member

Rockclimbing

I am currently on WBB1, and thus far it is going well, gaining 25 lbs in about 4 months. I have access to climbing equipment but have not done it much in the past.

Would a couple of climbs up a rock face be a good substitute for the bi/tri /shoulder workout day of WBB1?

Dr. Bodybuilder
    IMO, No. You could do it for some conditioning, which is always good, and maybe consider it cardio you are doing some pretty hard climbs.

Stick with lifts on the routine and you will be just fine.
    Freshmen at Baylor College of Medicine
    Current status: Bulking

No, not for a replacement. Keep on schedule with the weights.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

depends on what your goals are. If you just want to look good or get bigger, stick to the weights. If you want to be in better shape or become a better climber, climbing is what you want to do.

You could still climb a few times a week as a form of active recovery.

Just a note here, but gaining muscle mass (or any mass) is a disadvantage for rockclimbing, especially in the forearms. "Forearm pump" is a real problem which occurs when the forearm muscles become engorged with blood and start pinching off blood vessels and nerves. Women are decent rock climbers because of the reduced muscle mass in the forearms. Muscle mass is a disadvantage when it comes to many endurance sports as well.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy