The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Gear.

Hybrid View

Banned

Gear.

Since I'm gonna begin powerbuilding, I decided to buy gear, but I'm not gonna become a gear whore, I'll use gear off and on.

I'm not buying real expensive gear, I'm gonna get used to using gear, then buy the good stuff.

Inzer Gear

Bench Shirt - Standard Blast

Squat Suit - Z-Suit

Dead Suit - Need to find one in the 25-75 range

Belt - Power Surge

Gloves - Mashback (my gym doesn't allow chalk)

Wrist Wraps - Iron Z

Knee Wraps - Iron Z

This look good? Anything I'm missing?
    Last edited by WestsideWarrior; 05-20-2007 at 05:26 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Don't even worry about gear yet. Build more base strength for the next year or two.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

If you don't plan on competing in pl in the near future I don't think you need gear. I'd tell you to get a belt, but that is a touchy subject around here.

Most squat suits recommend that you are already squatting double body weight RAW.

Banned
    vdiz - I do plan on competing.

Bako - Where'd you hear this? Its not like I don't trust you everything, but as long as I've been here, I've never heard that.

Train like you'll compete. No gloves. If you can't use chalk, don't use it, or find another gym.

I think that gear list is a fine place to start. You'll be well served to find some PLers to train with who can teach you how to use it. Frankly, I don't think you need to bother with any of it but a good belt right now, but it won't hurt you to get it.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Well... A while ago I was looking into buying a squat suit. Some of the ones I looked at recomended a 2x body weight squat, so I didn't get one. It makes sense because some are so strong that you'll probably have a hard time reaching parallel w/ out enough weight on your back. I'd get some briefs instead though.

Find some powerlifters to train with. If you try hard enough you will. I used to travel 4 hours each way on Saturday's to train. When you find a crew they usually have a stockpile of gear you can try. That is the best way to learn.

Banned
    Paul - I KNEW that was gonna come from ya, but as stated above, I'm gonna use gear off and on, and I wont use the gloves as much.

Bako - Ohh. But there's no prob in getting a suit and learning how to use it.

Diz - Alright, I'll start tomorrow.

(random) I need to find that bench shirt vid that Sensi posted, I dont want to get the s**t tore out of me by the shirt.
    Last edited by WestsideWarrior; 05-20-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideWarrior View Post
    Paul - I KNEW that was gonna come from ya, but as stated above, I'm gonna use gear off and on, and I wont use the gloves as much.

Bako - Ohh. But there's no prob in getting a suit and learning how to use it.

Diz - Alright, I'll start tomorrow.

(random) I need to find that bench shirt vid that Sensi posted, I dont want to get the s**t tore out of me by the shirt.

You are welcome to come train bench with us if you want to learn the gear. I think you are only about an hour and a half from us.

Wayne
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com