Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palestinian Micky Mouse look alike preaches destruction of Israel.

Hybrid View

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar

Palestinian Micky Mouse look alike preaches destruction of Israel.

Wow, watch the video on the page on the right hand side. Pretty messed up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18619036/
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 05-23-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

God bless men. - Built

Everyone preaches something different. We just seem to be hung up on the Middle East right now.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with what they preach. As long as television in the United States doesn't continue to go off the deep end with the profanity and sexual innuendos and provocative behavior I don't really care.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    Everyone preaches something different. We just seem to be hung up on the Middle East right now.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with what they preach. As long as television in the United States doesn't continue to go off the deep end with the profanity and sexual innuendos and provocative behavior I don't really care.
    how can you not have a problem of what they preach? "Death to all that does not follow the religion of islam" "Kill Jerusalam and the USA" "Muslims are to rule the wolrd"
    people who dont care make me sick, Churchill once said in order for evil to triumph all it takes is for good people to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    how can you not have a problem of what they preach? "Death to all that does not follow the religion of islam" "Kill Jerusalam and the USA" "Muslims are to rule the wolrd"
    people who dont care make me sick, Churchill once said in order for evil to triumph all it takes is for good people to do nothing.
    From your perspective yes it's a terrible thing. Taking an unbiased approach is pretty difficult. Do I think they're doing something that's not right? Kinda. I mean, as I have expressed in another thread, I'm not pleased with how Israel came about. But do I think preaching death is reasonable or justifiable? No.

If someone took over the United States, people would think they're terrible. In the Cold War everyone thought Russia was evil. I know Russia didn't take over the United States, but the same thing is happening now as what happened then.

We get involved in so much crap, but everyone focuses on the Middle East and terrorists. That makes me sick.

And keep on preaching. Unless you're really doing something to benefit the situation then you don't give a crap either.

Do you care about children that are left up for adoption? Do you adopt? Do you try and feed the hungry? Do you try and help out others that are poor? I have done many of these things. Have I done some things that I find now looking back poor in taste? Yes. I have fled an "accident" scene. I made that apparent.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 05-23-2007 at 02:36 PM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Banned
    From your perspective yes it's a terrible thing. Taking an unbiased approach is pretty difficult. Do I think they're doing something that's not right? Kinda. I mean, as I have expressed in another thread, I'm not pleased with how Israel came about. But do I think preaching death is reasonable or justifiable? No.

If someone took over the United States, people would think they're terrible. In the Cold War everyone thought Russia was evil. I know Russia didn't take over the United States, but the same thing is happening now as what happened then.

We get involved in so much crap, but everyone focuses on the Middle East and terrorists. That makes me sick.

And keep on preaching. Unless you're really doing something to benefit the situation then you don't give a crap either.

Do you care about children that are left up for adoption? Do you adopt? Do you try and feed the hungry? Do you try and help out others that are poor? I have done many of these things. Have I done some things that I find now looking back poor in taste? Yes. I have fled an "accident" scene. I made that apparent.
    why cant we learn from the past mistakes of WW2 were nobody did anything right away when Germany started to conquer and kill.
    Do you think that Stalins reign wasnt evil, the mass killings and such for anyone that opposed him, I believe right and wrong can be defined with something like this.

you have no idea on what I do, I help when i can and have, i'm not critizing you for what you do other then your non-caring attitude.
    I'm not the type who would back down when i see something that is wrong, I believe people that stand up will make a difference in the world.

The western world needs to back off for a bit, as horrible as that is.

Seriously. These people, at least the vocal minority of them, don't want us anywhere near their business. That's fine. If we didn't have radio, television, or internet we'd only dimly be aware these countries existed and were fighting amongst themselves.

Every country on earth has their own problems, including the countries in North America. Why worry about feeding african children when there's a large amount of our own starving? Why go to a war when we have our own violence and crime to resolve?

We are SO far past the point where ANY nation or collection of nations on earth could CONQUER the place. Haven't the wars in the middle east proven that? Territory is now practically impossible to hold without executing every single person, combatant or not, in it. There will never be another WWII Germany.

The world is finally at a place where apathy and focussing on your own defense can work as a policy.

I'll be honest. I don't know anyone living in Africa or the Middle East or China or anywhere else, really, so I can't say I really care if they wipe themselves out to the last man, woman, and child, as long as they do it in a way that doesn't wreck the biosphere (no nukes, etc). I'd care more if someone kicked my dog, because he means more to me, because I know him.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

You're right, sharkall2003.

It's none of our business.
    Plus, Isreal is just asking for it, because..... well, they are just jews and everyone knows they deserve whatever they get.

And of course, everyone also knows that Islam only wants to take over the eastern hemisphere. They'll leave "us" alone if we just stop interfering.
    Last edited by zen; 05-23-2007 at 02:38 PM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    You're right, sharkall2003.

It's none of our business.
    Plus, Isreal is just asking for it, because..... well, they are just jews and everyone knows they deserve whatever they get.

And of course, everyone also knows that Islam only wants to take over the eastern hemisphere. They'll leave "us" alone if we just stop interfering.
    Play your game on words. You hardly contributed to the thread. Good for you.

I also never said anything even relating to antisemitism and a couple members that would actually care have PM'ed me notifying me that I said nothing offensive.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 05-23-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Play your game on words. You hardly contributed to the thread. Good for you.
    I'm crushed, because I wanted you to recognize me for my "contribution" to this thread, and I have failed.
    :cuts self: :emo:
    Last edited by zen; 05-23-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

i like sharkall.

Yeah uh they hate us because of our freedom LOL
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

An anti-Semitic Mickey Mouse... That's actually kind of funny.

As a country that makes people like Andrew Dice Clay and Sacha Cohen filthy rich, we are hardly in a position to point fingers.

edit: ...before the flaming ensues... That someone would use Mickey Mouse as anti-anything propaganda is humorous. Anti-Semitism is not humorous.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-23-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    I have more of a problem with that they stole the image of Micky mouse lol.
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

God bless men. - Built

Walt Disney would probably be rolling over in his grave about now.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Walt Disney would probably be rolling over in his grave about now.
    He can't roll over. Cryogenically frozen, ol' Walt is.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    He can't roll over. Cryogenically frozen, ol' Walt is.
    That's an old myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney

One could suggest that if we fully and completely stayed out of the middle east (that includes policy, treaties, everything) they (the religious/political machine that wants to claim the middle east, africa, and portions of europe, as well as expell all jews their holy land), "they" would be satisfied with containing their oppression to the middle east and never do things like come here hijack airplanes and fly them into billion dollar civilian and military/intelligence infrustructure along with taking thousands of innocent lives........

....... or, one could be wrong, and be gambling that radical Islam will not get even more power hungry and want to spread it's form of violent and oppressive control around the rest of the world once it fully has the middle east under control. A gamble that includes hoping that they will be reasonable about the responsibility of being a nuclear power, and subscribe to its use ONLY as a deturrent. A gamble that includes hoping that a few radical religious mullahs will be in control of 75% of the worlds crude oil sources, and will not use that to blackmail industrial nations.
    Last edited by zen; 05-24-2007 at 09:37 AM.

What every happened to the good old days where you could threaten children into doing your bidding with the wrath of god? This world has gone to hell.

You have valid points, Zen, but what are the real options?

This whole world police thing we've got going on isn't working. It's great for saving a few civilian lives, sure -- perhaps 10s of thousands of civilian lives - but lousy for resolving the root of the problems in these areas.

The people just flat out don't like each other.

And there's not a damn thing you, I, or anyone in the world can do to change that. It has to come from within.

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer View Post

This whole world police thing we've got going on isn't working. It's great for saving a few civilian lives, sure -- perhaps 10s of thousands of civilian lives - but lousy for resolving the root of the problems in these areas.
    I agree the "world police" thing sux. Seriously, it's a half assed way to do what we used to better in a more clandestined way.

Before I elaborate on that, let me just preface by saying that when Oponents to Bush and/or 'War on Terror' advocates claim that invading Iraq was about oil, they are in fact, correct.
    However, it wasn't for the purpose of giving the U.S. control of the oil, nor was it to make "Bush's oil buddies richer" (that one is just wack).
    However, the un-spoken truth is that the middle-east's oil supplies cannot fall under the control of one interest... which is why we had to stop Hussein from taking over Kawait, and why we can't let Iran destabilize Iraq (so they can take control, which is what they really want, and why they are now arming a supposedly civil war... which is really a terrorist insurgency), let alone letting it fall into the hands of one extremely radical interest.

If it wasn't for the oil, we would let Muslims oppress, kill, and terrorize millions of people in the middle east all they wanted and we would turn away and stick our collective head in the sand just like we do in Dafur, or did in Rwanda and so on.

So, okay, you are an ideologue, and you dont' bitch about paying 3+ dollars at the pump, and you wont bitch when you have to pay $8/gallon after the mullahs control the oil supplies in the middle east after we stop "meddling". Great.
    What then will you say when they ally with Pakistan and start invading parts of India, thereby risking a regional nuclear war?
    Will you say "too bad so sad" when CNN beams pictures of mushroom clouds over Tel Aviv after Syria and Jordan invade Israel (supplied the Iran/Iraq islamic alliance that resulted the US abandonment of Iraq) and the Israeli army successfully thwarts another invasion and uses conventional weapons to bomb damascus and amman in retaliation.

So, back to the orignal question?

What can we do?

You know that peaceful majority of muslims that we keep hearing about. Well, for the sake of argument, let's not get too cynical and assume that they really are a peaceful majority following religion of peace.
    What "we" need to do is protect them from hardline radicals who want to force an extreme (non-peaceful) version of Islam on them. That includes supporting a democracy in middle eastern nations that permit religous freedom.
    It's a hard road. It involves sacrifice. It involves having opinionated arseholes around the world who hate and envy the US getting a chance to take cheap potshots and namecalling.
    No, we aren't promoting democracy and taking down tyrants. We are "meddling" and "policing"

The oldskool way... the clandestined way. That was the good way, but we got bad at it. We spent too much time training spies to get inside the kremlin and we got sloppy at taking out third world dictators and tyrants. After we got sloppy and got caught, we had to stop. We became "kinder" and "gentler".
    We could have taken out the Taliban after we didn't need them to stop the Red Army, but we stopped doing **** like that.
    We could have taken out Hussein after we didn't need him to stop Iran from getting too strong, but we stopped doing that, and he got a big head and became too powerful.
    The result, we left loose ends in the middle east. When it was a full stale-mate before the 80s, all was good, atleast in terms of the big picture, even if it did suck to live there. Now we face a third-world region sparking a world war, if everything happens the right way. When you have players like India, China, and Russia and europe bordering the middle east, it is virtually inevitable.
    Last edited by zen; 05-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Its kind of funny, the US has been surviving just fine without the oil that is so desired in Iraq.
    Saudi Arabia has a proven Reserve of 264.3 Billion Barrels which is #1
    Canada has a proven Reserve of 178.8 Billion Barrels which is #2
    Iraq(115) is #4 behind Iran (132.4) but the US gets very little if any from Iran.

The interesting point is at the moment the US is purchasing the majority of its oil from Canada (around 70k Barrels a month), Nigeria(30k), Saudi Arabia(33K), Venezuela(38k) and Mexico(48K).
    Syncrude, Suncor and Canadian National Resources limited are also claiming finds of more oil on a consistent basis in Northern Alberta. Thats also not taking into account the finds in Saskatchewan and Newfoundland.

I just don't see the logic behind the theory that Iraq was about oil, when it really isn't. It is their greatest export but Iraq has never provided the US with more than 40k barrels of crude a month. Guess I am just missing the link.

Resources btw
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html
    http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pe...im0_mbbl_m.htm

Well said, and I agree that things would be better with spies, assassins, and covert ops rather than big cumbersome armies that make good target practice. It's a shame that murder in the name of your nations' best interest these days is only tolerated when it comes in the form of media friendly 'brave soldiers' on a 'frontline'.

(This is not a knock against said soldiers. I respect them greatly. My family has been military for six generations and if it weren't for my plethora of health problems I would be as well.)

However, there's a difference between supporting a democracy and implementing one. I believe if it weren't for poltical pressure from the west the Iraqi people would have gladly just put a theocracy in place.

Everything would have been so much better had some popular faction declared themselves a lawful democracy and begged the world to intervene and save them from being crushed by a great evil.

Honestly does anyone actually think that a true democracy will ever come into being in Iraq? I mean at best it will be a puppet government run mainly by the US, thatís IF they are even successful in putting things under wraps, which I don't think is going to happen. In which case itís all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    Honestly does anyone actually think that a true democracy will ever come into being in Iraq? I mean at best it will be a puppet government run mainly by the US, thatís IF they are even successful in putting things under wraps, which I don't think is going to happen. In which case itís all downhill from here.
    I would have disagreed with you a year ago.

The part I don't agree with is that I don't think the Iraqi government is a "puppet" government, unless you count the fact that we pretty much forced them to form a democracy as their FORM of government. But their leaders and reprentatives are not puppets.

The part that I have changed my mind about is whether their democracy will succeed. From what I have been hearing from our people who are responsible for training their police.... it's not that they dont' want a democracy, because they do want it, and they are happy Hussein is gone (except for the Bathist party, ofcourse, but they were a minority)... it's that they don't have the will to make it succeed. They don't have a passion for it. Even when their police get trained well enough and armed well enough, they don't want to go out and conduct raids on suspected terrorist strongholds. They just want to go out on patrol in the safe areas.
    Last edited by zen; 05-24-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer View Post

This whole world police thing we've got going on isn't working. .
    That's because war (at least for Western nations) has become to be only tolerated if it is waged in a humane fashion.

The trouble with that is that war is NOT humane. The object is to destroy the other guy by whatever means. When one side is bound by conventions and rules and a liberal media, and the other side is unrestrained...in the long term the unrestrained side is going to win out. If we really wanted to win at all costs the war in Iraq would be over in a few months.

War should not be initiated if you are not prepared to do what it takes to win it. That's why we won WWII. We were prepared to do what it took, even going as far as using nuclear weapons.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 05-25-2007 at 08:55 PM.