Thread: 2007 Champions League Final

2007 Champions League Final

2-1

A goal in each half from Filippo Inzaghi ensured AC Milan avenged their defeat by Liverpool FC in Istanbul two years ago to claim the European Champion Clubs' Cup for a seventh time.

as I predicted

Such bull****. Liverpool outplayed them the entire match. AC Milan's second goal was nice, but they were completely over matched the rest of the game. I am very, very lenient on refs since my brother has reffed soccer at a high level and I know how difficult it can be, but that was almost embarrassing to watch today. Kuyt couldn't even look at the ball without being called for a foul; the free kick which led to the first goal should have also been given to Liverpool in the second half; and what the hell happened with the substitution at the end and calling the game before the three minutes had past? Today's ref will almost certainly be reprehended by FIFA and unfortunately for him, he'll never see a big game like this again.

I hate that ****. I'm a manchester united fan and that cockster **** on us when we played Milan too. And if you were watching the pregame comments on ESPN he said Milan was 5-0 under him reffering and Liverpool 1-4 or something like that.

Overall Liverpool outplayed Milan and Milan was crap for 88 minutes in that game.

And yes Kaka is a pussy diver and the free kick goal was clearly a hand goal off Inzhagi.

I like the new rules where a hand ball counts as goal!

Liverpool won in my heart.

Great to see those scouse ****s lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus88 View Post
    I hate that ****. I'm a manchester united fan and that cockster **** on us when we played Milan too. And if you were watching the pregame comments on ESPN he said Milan was 5-0 under him reffering and Liverpool 1-4 or something like that.

Overall Liverpool outplayed Milan and Milan was crap for 88 minutes in that game.

And yes Kaka is a pussy diver and the free kick goal was clearly a hand goal off Inzhagi.
    You're still bitter I see.

Manchester struggled to win the first leg against Milan and then were completely outclassed at the San Siro. Take your premiership win and have a coke and a smile and chill out.

Liverpool outplayed Milan in the 1st half but the 2nd was equal - Milan just managed to take their chances better. Don't hate for that. What have you got to say about Inzaghi's second goal? His first went off his shoulder.

Kaka is a pussy diver? Says the fan of a team that has Cristiano Ronaldo in it? Laughable.

Maybe next year but this time, the trophy belongs to Milan.

FORZA MILAN !
    Last edited by Warrior10; 05-23-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    You're still bitter I see.

Manchester struggled to win the first leg against Milan and then were completely outclassed at the San Siro. Take your premiership win and have a coke and a smile and chill out.

Liverpool outplayed Milan in the 1st half but the 2nd was equal - Milan just managed to take their chances better. Don't hate for that. What have you got to say about Inzaghi's second goal? His first went off his shoulder.

Kaka is a pussy diver? Says the fan of a team that has Cristiano Ronaldo in it? Laughable.

Maybe next year but this time, the trophy belongs to Milan.

FORZA MILAN !

Seriously how many times did you see Kaka dive today?

Manchester lost not because of Milan but because of Manchester do we need to sit down and watch replays? you can teach me how to lift but i'll teach you football

Liverpool outplayed Milan for 90 minutes, but they can't finish and I don't care about Liverpool I'm not much of a fan if you can understand.

Another thing to shine on your moment Red Star Belgrade is my favorite club and you managed to knock them out too, have your laugh untill next season.

FORZA INTER

Quote Originally Posted by anelka View Post
    Great to see those scouse ****s lose.
    Man, if you're from England and there's an English team in the Champions League final, how can you not support them? I mean, I've been a Liverpool fan since I was born, but if they were eliminated and Man U was in the final or something, I would be cheering for them. I'd rather die than cheer for a team from ****in Italy.

Tofer I always thought you were a fan of football since I saw your 5 months progress pics. Your wheels were too big for a skinny guy haha!

Seriously how many times did you see Kaka dive today?

Manchester lost not because of Milan but because of Manchester do we need to sit down and watch replays? you can teach me how to lift but i'll teach you football

Liverpool outplayed Milan for 90 minutes, but they can't finish and I don't care about Liverpool I'm not much of a fan if you can understand.

Another thing to shine on your moment Red Star Belgrade is my favorite club and you managed to knock them out too, have your laugh untill next season.

FORZA INTER

Cheers man, I am an Inter fan as well. I actually thought they were gonna take everything this season.

You're the first Red Star Belgrade fan I've ever met or spoken to. Cool.

Tofer I always thought you were a fan of football since I saw your 5 months progress pics. Your wheels were too big for a skinny guy haha!
    Haha thanks. Well, I was born in England and my family and all of my relatives are English or Welsh so I was brought up playing/watching football. Watching Liverpool at Anfield when I was ten was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Liverpool "dominated" the first half, but didnt do anuything with their posession.
    Inzaghis first was never a handball, his second was class.
    Zenden should be thrown to the dogs, he is the worst footballer to grace a pitch..ever.
    He played on the wing for 50-60 mins, and failed to deliver a succesful cross.

AC milan deserved it, a lot more than liverpool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Haha thanks. Well, I was born in England and my family and all of my relatives are English or Welsh so I was brought up playing/watching football. Watching Liverpool at Anfield when I was ten was one of the most memorable moments of my life.
    Wow awsome man! It's really a dream of mine to go back to Europe one day and watch as much football as I possibly can before I die .

I watched the game - the first goal was without a doubt a hand ball.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    I watched the game - the first goal was without a doubt a hand ball.
    It hot his hand, but as for a "handball"...nah it wasnt. There wasnt anything he could do about it.
    I agree with McVein

Well it didn't look too intentional but if it didn't hit his hand it wouldn't have changed direction and Dida was right on it than.

it was still going to hit him though, it wasnt an outstretched hand, he clearly trys to get out of the way.
    I agree with McVein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0xSv5WNcg

I still wouldn't count that first one.
    Last edited by zela; 05-24-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Yes itís a "Direct kick foul" if the "hand ball" is intentional but there is actually no rule against unintentional hand ball's.
    The Rule is listed as

It is a "direct kick foul" if a player (other than the goalkeeper inside his own penalty area) deliberately handles the ball (meaning to deliberately touch the ball with any part of the arm from the finger tips to the top of the shoulder). If the player handles it for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession, it is a "cautionable offense" and a yellow card should be given. If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball)

I disagree. I think that was intentional. Looks to me like he was trying to deflect the ball. His intent may have been to use his chest, but he didn't exactly move his arm out of the way.

Honestly, I don't think it mattered, as IMO, Milan was going to win that game.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    I disagree. I think that was intentional. Looks to me like he was trying to deflect the ball. His intent may have been to use his chest, but he didn't exactly move his arm out of the way.

Honestly, I don't think it mattered, as IMO, Milan was going to win that game.
    Really? you think Milan outplayed them? I honestly think that if Milan didn't score there than Liverpool would have won. They were all over them for most of the match; they just never took advantage of their chances.

Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    Really? you think Milan outplayed them? I honestly think that if Milan didn't score there than Liverpool would have won. They were all over them for most of the match; they just never took advantage of their chances.
    Thats how you win games, taking your chances. It was Ac milans game from the get go.
    I agree with McVein