The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Does this seem possible???

current:
    bench-190
    squat-225
    sumo dl-325

3 months from now:
    bench-200 maybe more
    squat-250
    deadlift-350

11 months from now:
    bench-240
    squat-300
    dl-400+

how much would i have to work out? 3x every week. following wbb workout #1...and running 2 out of the other 4 days?
    Mike

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It all depends on the person and how much you want it. I think it is do-able but then do not even know how big you are or anything. Train your ass off and do it.

Make it possible.

How much do you weigh? How long have you been lifting? That will have a lot to do with how fast you can reach those goals. If you are really small guy then plan to eat plenty and gain some weight to get there. If you are a bigger guy to begin with and haven't been training for very long then if anything I'd say those goals are fairly conservative. Keep in mind that what you do outside of the gym is at least as important as what you do in it.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I started working out in March unable to do 3 sets of 8 at 135 for bench, dead lifted 135 with serious pain, and couldn't squat crap without the smith machine because my stabilizer muscles were weak. Yesterday i put up 225 twice on bench, squatted 205 5 times ATF, and dead lifted 225 5 times easily. All newbie gains but if I continue this way i will be lifting huge in another 3 monthes.
    6' 1" 225lbs 24 years old

Starting a serious cut.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipYa4Fake View Post
    Icouldn't squat crap without the smith machine because my stabilizer muscles were weak.
    Curse the man who invented smith machine. The world would be a better place with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Guy View Post
    Curse the man who invented smith machine. The world would be a better place with out it.
    I agree now. I used it at first because my legs were so weak and I wanted to try to learn some form. I'll never use it again.
    6' 1" 225lbs 24 years old

Starting a serious cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Guy View Post
    I don't know. They make standing calf raises with heavy weight a lot easier. Plus you do Kaz presses on them. It also keeps people from using the power rack for squats and such. So it's not ALL bad.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Wannabebig Member
    well i juts got my physical yesterday...im 5'5 and 146lbs. i know i can get my bench up to 200. my squat can definetly go up because right now at 225 thats pretty dam weak. the dl is going to be hard to get up because im always hurting my hips either during lifting or in soccer

I would say it is absolutly possible I got my bench from 145-265 in the span of 8 months but the way i did it was benching atleast 1nce a day even if it was only for one rep.

Bench 315lbs. 1x Raw
    Dead Lift 365lbs. 1x Raw
    Leg Press 6x 1,140lbs.
    Chin-ups 25 straight

Quote Originally Posted by biggiesmalls16 View Post
    well i juts got my physical yesterday...im 5'5 and 146lbs. i know i can get my bench up to 200. my squat can definetly go up because right now at 225 thats pretty dam weak. the dl is going to be hard to get up because im always hurting my hips either during lifting or in soccer
    I'm thinking that hips would affect squat more than DL. Also, if you keep hurting your hips during lifting you should reassess what you're doing. Either what lifts you're doing or your form.

I still think your goals are pretty attainable especially considering you're still in the newbie gain stage for a while yet.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    ive been lifting for about a year now. only serious for about 4-5 months. serious i mean like lifting 3 days a weak, running, etc.

my bench is almost at 200 i think i could get it if i have the perfect form. i hurt my knee so no squats and deadlifts right now.

and when i say i hurt my hip... i hurt it in soccer, then i think its ok, then i reinjure it at lifting

Wannabebig Member
    im only doing a regular diet, no like protein shakes or any types of whey protein etc etc...if i took that will i definetly see gains in my lifting? what kind should i take for maximum performance?
    Mike