Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quads (critique please)

Quads (critique please)

I am sure most have seen these pics before...but lately I have been on a legs kick and want some honest advice/critiques on my legs. Yes I know my BF% is a little high, but I am slowly working on that.

My calves definitely need work which is why I have no pics of them...but as far as my upper legs go...what needs work?

BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

jebus you got some big legs, they might look better if they were better toned, but they fine as is

Soca King

I see no problem

Your legs look plenty thick to me G-B The only thing that would make your legs look better is to lose bf which by looking at your legs can't be that bad.

Do you have any upperbody pics that you could either post or e-mail to me

Yeah here are some upper body pics...these also have been posted before.BTW, I am a chunky bastard and I know it so no need to harp on that fact...I posted the above pic of my legs for some advice...

My body fat is up there....I eat pretty crappy but lately cleaned it up a little and have started doing some mild cardio
    Last edited by G-B; 04-02-2002 at 06:29 PM.
    BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

A midget with shaved balls and big azz legs. (gosh I love that similie)
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Soca King
    Well you've got some serious size on your frame,if you did a well carried out cutting phase while keeping the size you've got and you'll look excellent.Unfortunately I can't offer anyting besides encouragement since I'm not too knowledgable in the ways of dieting.But good luck on your goals

oh no....crotch shot front and center. arggh.

a little warning please? damn.

*lol* you got some huge muthaf*ckin legs man.
    Last edited by Tryska; 04-02-2002 at 05:43 PM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

bone crusher
    oh no....crotch shot front and center. arggh.

a little warning please? damn.
    lmao!

doc..for real tho...i see more package on this site then i need to be seeing.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

bone crusher
    lol, yea i could imagine... I see more than i need to see as well. I thought females love seeing packages...lol

bone crusher
    btw, g-b your legs are very large

what are you squatting- what do they measure?

good size legs, but i would concentrate on higher rep leg extensions and the end of your workout. reps around 12-15, failure on 15. really flex them and lower it slow, dont be a "swingset-sam", i hate those people... but it helped me cut up my quads. and for those calves, yikes!!!
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Well a typical leg work out looks like one of these:

Squats
    2 sets of 12 with 225
    3 sets of 8-10 with 315

Hack Squats
    4 sets of 10 with 5 plates

Leg Extensions
    3 sets of 8-10 with the stack

OR

Leg Press
    3 sets of 8-10 with 11-13 plates on each side

Hack Squats
    4 sets of 10 with 5 plates

Leg Extensions
    3 sets of 8-10 with the stack

I also throw in some light work for hamstrings as I believe the hack squats and leg press work them, in a way...

I also do some work on the calves but those small stubborn bastards never seem to respond with growth
    BMF member

Your legs are awesome. Great size and shape. Leg extensions will not cut-up your legs, losing bodyfat will.

chris what can I do to isolate and work on the tear drop
    Last edited by G-B; 04-02-2002 at 06:29 PM.
    BMF member

Dude, you have to be kidding me, right?

ummm...no. I ask stupid questions at times and well...I am not a training know it all...I just go to the gym and lift the weights...lol

tear drop - do leg extensions right?
    Last edited by G-B; 04-02-2002 at 06:27 PM.
    BMF member

First, your teardrop is quite well developed already. Second, as it is part of the quadriceps, and all of the muscles of the quadriceps share a common tendon, I am of the school of thought that there isn't much you can do to isolate it. I think it is a genetic thing.

Originally posted by G-B
    chris what can I do to isolate and work on the tear drop
    *** GB, try this. When you are performing a leg extension just do the last 45 degrees and turn your feet out so that the sides of your feet are facing the ceiling.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

pre-exhaust ur quads before you do the squats and you'll feel it in ur quads more when u do your squats.

if i were you i would increase the # of overall barbell squats that your doing. base ur leg workout around squats

Massive legs. Solid as a rock too, eh/

Massive legs. Solid as a rock too, eh?

Originally posted by tony touch
    pre-exhaust ur quads before you do the squats and you'll feel it in ur quads more when u do your squats.

if i were you i would increase the # of overall barbell squats that your doing. base ur leg workout around squats
    So what would be the difference between doing this?

Or say doing low weight very high rep leg extensions as my last exercise?
    BMF member

I'm not into critiquing other people cuz I look pretty shitty myself, but you asked for it...

Upper legs look fine to me. If they were cut, they'd be awesome. Your calves could use some size, though.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Wannabebig Member
    I think you have a big teardrop muscle there, you just need to lower your bodyfat to bring it out. My teardrop muscle isn't all that big, but I've been dieting and now it looks a lot better and actually bigger than before.
    You've got great size all around. Just lower the bodyfat a few points and you would look awesome.