Thread: Cardio, interval...

decease, RIP

Cardio, interval...

I did my first cardio session in almost 6 months today. It took 25min and I did: 2min walk/ 2min slow run/ 2min fast run. The terrain had lots of hills. And I got a major nose bleed at the end.

The plan is to do this once a week, I lift 4 times a week. Goal is to lose 6-10lbs until june 1;st, and gain 20lbs on my lifts. Right now im losing about Żlbs a week.

What do you all think?

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I guess I would have to ask what is your main objective in doing the cardio? Aerobic capacity? Calorie burning?

Either way, are you only going to do one cardio session per week? Or do you have other cardio planned in addition to the intervals? I'd say to really get anything out of the cardio, you'd have to do it more than once a week...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Starting with once a week would be good, until you get your tolerence up. Then add sessions as you see fit. Or don't.

25 mins is a while for interval training though. I'd do something like 1 minute sprint, 1 minute walk/jog (depending on how in shape you are aerobically) and do that for about 10 minutes. And add onto that as you see fit. Or don't.

decease, RIP
    Main objective is to burn calories!, but also to better my arobic capacity. Yeah once a week isn't much, if I do it twice do you think I should go with a 3 day split instead. Or is a 4 day ok since the cardio is so brief?

And does the cardio itself look ok, not to short?

Wannabebig Member

H.I.I.T.

I to have started high intensity interval training for cardio, I have found a stretch or road in total 5 k's or just over 3 miles long. I warm up slow jog for a bout five mins then for twenty mins I sprint telephone pole lengths, usually to every second pole then walk QUICKLY to the next pole then hit the sprint again. Bye the end my sprints are a slow jog but, I still finish off with a 5 min slow jog for cooldown. Find it is working great.
    "ACT AS IF.... outnumber