The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Digital weight scales really suck.

I've been using one of these and every time I step on it it gives me a different reading. I'll step on and get a weight, step off and step right back on and it would give me a weight different than 2 seconds ago. You don't know where exactly you are. I bought a more standard household scale and did a test first thing this morning as soon as I woke up.

The normal scale gave me a consistent reading, 155. I then stepped onto the digital scale that gave me 2 different readings, 152 and 153.

Do digital scales just suck ass and I should just stick with the normal, standard scale?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Learning as I progress
    Take a step back. Realize devices are not 100% accurate. Also realize that it was a 1 pound difference.
    Complication breeds desperation.

Why is this in the form of a question?
    If the normal scale is good for you, then use it. There are plenty of either kind that do not give completely accurate readings.

Banned
    Yes, but when you are trying to gain 1-2 pounds a week, a pound can make a world of difference. On the digital scale, I didn't gain any weight this week. The normal scale? 2 and a half pounds gained.

I know nothing is 100% accurate, but I'm assuming from my testing that standard scales with the little hand showing your weight on the scale is more accurate than a digital reading.

As long as you keep using the same scale it should be fine. It's more important to track changes rather than absolute weight.

<3's WBB
    Does the digital scale measure into tenths of a pound?

If it measures like 228.9 one time then 229.9 right after, that is kind of strange. I'd say just try and step on it the same way each time, or ebay/craigslist it and get a new scale.
    21, Male, 5' 10", Cutting
    Starting weight: 228lbs. Currently (05/01/08): 168.2lbs (59.8 lost)
    Alright! I'm done cutting for now. It's been a long ride, I went from obese to average. Now to put some muscle on, then cut again down the road.

Banned
    Nope, no tenths of a pound.

Get a better scale. My digital just weighed me the exact same, 3 times in a row, right down to the tenth of a pound. DO NOT buy one that runs on changeable batteries. My has a lifetime lithium battery.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-27-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock