The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 50 Cent

I like some rap music, but this thread is proof that listening to rap music can make people dumber.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I'm sort of stuck in the 80's and early 90's. I like RunDMC, Slick Rick, Ice T, Dr. Dre, NWA, etc., but not much of anything since then, with a few exceptions. I like Outkast.

I liked Gold Digger, even though it was poorly written.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

50 Cent is at least 220 pounds in that video. I'm 220 and look way smaller than him, though i'm taller than him.

btw He doesn't look like he's on the juice at all. There are many people built that good without the juice.
    Last edited by Bleek13; 06-02-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    i still think 225 at around 10% is huge.
    50 cent's stats, however, aren't even close to that.
    Anybody who has ever seen an actor or athlete in person understands the disappointment one experiences when assessing their physique.

I remember having Rodman so close I could brush his Madonna-stained teeth, and thinking, "dude, you're a toothpick". You see a guy like David Robinson looking like a Greek God in Sports Illustrated, but then you see him in person and think, "oh my, I could wrap my whole hand around your bicep and touch my fingers to my thumb".

There are also many actors with "round faces" who look fatter on screen than they appear in person, like Andy Garcia. It's all about angles, curves, etc.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"

When my diet starts in August I plan to hit 235 at 5'11" sub 10%... I guess that's huge... I personally don't think that's huge at all... but every one has their own opinion so that's cool. Just a weird thought to think of it as huge to me.
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Quote Originally Posted by Workhorse View Post
    When my diet starts in August I plan to hit 235 at 5'11" sub 10%... I guess that's huge... I personally don't think that's huge at all... but every one has their own opinion so that's cool. Just a weird thought to think of it as huge to me.
    To put it in perspective, you would almost qualify as a "Super Heavyweight" in the Mr. Michigan contest my friend is about to win this June.

I doubt you'll measure 5'11" in socks, be sub 10%, weigh 235, and NOT look huge. That would basically make you Arnold. So good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Anybody who has ever seen an actor or athlete in person understands the disappointment one experiences when assessing their physique.

I remember having Rodman so close I could brush his Madonna-stained teeth, and thinking, "dude, you're a toothpick". You see a guy like David Robinson looking like a Greek God in Sports Illustrated, but then you see him in person and think, "oh my, I could wrap my whole hand around your bicep and touch my fingers to my thumb".

There are also many actors with "round faces" who look fatter on screen than they appear in person, like Andy Garcia. It's all about angles, curves, etc.
    I've seen 50 Cent in person at a G-Unit concert back in 2004. He is as big as he looks in his videos. The rest of the G-Unit members are toothpicks though, except maybe DJ Whoo Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Lil Wayne (best lyricist hands down imo)
    I'd have to hand that to Sage Francis. By far the best songwriter and lyricist out there, hip hop or not.

Don't get me wrong though, I love Weezy since Carter II dropped(hated him before that, then started listening to him, listened to Carter I and was pretty amazed at his talent. He's still in his early 20's too, has lots of time to step his game up.)