The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are people who subscribe to "intermittent fasting" and gotten great results. They do it out of convenience and think eating 6 equally sized meals is overkill and requires way too much thought/effort.

You could try it out and see what effect it has on your body/physique. Each individual is truly different and responds differently.

I just think if you ate the HUGE meal at 9 am by 4 pm you would be hungry again and may lead to overeating. Then you are adding in PWO meal. You might eat more calories than you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Interesting, just when you think you know so much, something so simple makes you think twice. Which brings me to a little observation, the more I learn, the more I realize just how much I don't know.
    Well Said..... I always hear about these bodybuilders waking up at night and eating so they don't go through the night without protein....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan View Post
    Well Said..... I always hear about these bodybuilders waking up at night and eating so they don't go through the night without protein....LOL
    Thats also a way of getting calories in.

CALORIE IS KING.

As do I, I have family/friends into bodybuilding and constantly talking about one of the scariest things ever, "catabolic state". They define that as getting no protein in 6 hours and to avoid this no matter what!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Banned
    So I could eat all my calories for the WHOLE day for breakfast (and I could becuase I am cutting) except for my post workout shake of course. And my body would still disperse the nutrients properly to support maximum gains?
    IMO it wouldn't be maximal, but here's the caveat: meal timing is more of a "fine tuning" kind of thing. If you aren't eating the right quantity of the right things, when you eat doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    IMO it wouldn't be maximal, but here's the caveat: meal timing is more of a "fine tuning" kind of thing. If you aren't eating the right quantity of the right things, when you eat doesn't matter.
    Could you elaborate more on the fine tuning.....I understand that if your caloric goals lets say 3000 bulking. I think everyone realizes that eating 2,200 cals of donuts in the morning and a 800 calorie post workout shake isn't going to get you too far. But lets say your macros are great your hitting your protien, fat, carb, fiber requirements just eating them all for breakfast.

You are saying that there would be gains but the gains could be maximized with better nutrient "timing" so to say. Do you mean like eating something with quick energy right before a workout so that you have more energy to lift more efficiently therefore increasing gains or is there more to it than that?

Banned
    You are saying that there would be gains but the gains could be maximized with better nutrient "timing" so to say. Do you mean like eating something with quick energy right before a workout so that you have more energy to lift more efficiently therefore increasing gains or is there more to it than that?
    There is a LOT to it and eating carbs around your workouts is just the tip of the iceberg. Read the articles by built and you'll strat to see how much there is to it.
    And yeah, by fine tuning I mean get what you eat down first and then work on when.

More importantly, read the articles I reference. I just give the summary page. I cite everybody so you can read the stuff and draw your own conclusions.